Client restart - Message: the dark side is rising (Merged threads)

Replies

• scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Faroer wrote: »
    If it is an event like the Yoda event that sucks for me. Cause I only have one sith I was just working on getting Jedi for Yoda event. 3 Jedi at moment.

It'll be more likely to require empire characters

Then it is bust for the majority, who would think about wasting money on empire characters before this event. Maybe my X RG and 5-star Vador can beat the **** out of whatever in the event, Lol!

I can almost smell the rage or anger even before the release of this event.

At least, you could run the Empire Assault event a few times before this event, or it doesn't really make any sense as an event which very few could participate.

Just like the Credits Heist event, you ran quite a few times before getting IG 88 on board when very few can complete Tier II. However, you only ran one after that when we are actually able to get credits from the event.

People have been chasing potency mods. Many have empire chars now

There is really no need to chase potency mods, I got health mods that add 24% potency which is significant.

If you want to solo the raid you can have that same 24% plus 30% more and remove turn meter every time. Potency that high isn't needed in Arena, but is absolutely needed in the raid.

If you say so, but I haven't heard anyone chasing potency besides you. Some want critical mods, others want offence. Potency is chance, not a sure thing that worth chasing.

I have chased potency mods. Not really needed for arena but as was stated very helpful in raid.
    It increase the chance of TMR and speed down not being resisted.

Now my arena team is mostly crit damage and crit chance.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I heard from a canary that it was a rebel event, meaning you need rebels, and that would last 11 days and be rare to repeat...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    If it is an event like the Yoda event that sucks for me. Cause I only have one sith I was just working on getting Jedi for Yoda event. 3 Jedi at moment.

Then it is bust for the majority, who would think about wasting money on empire characters before this event. Maybe my X RG and 5-star Vador can beat the **** out of whatever in the event, Lol!

At least, you could run the Empire Assault event a few times before this event, or it doesn't really make any sense as an event which very few could participate.

Just like the Credits Heist event, you ran quite a few times before getting IG 88 on board when very few can complete Tier II. However, you only ran one after that when we are actually able to get credits from the event.

There is really no need to chase potency mods, I got health mods that add 24% potency which is significant.

If you want to solo the raid you can have that same 24% plus 30% more and remove turn meter every time. Potency that high isn't needed in Arena, but is absolutely needed in the raid.

If you say so, but I haven't heard anyone chasing potency besides you. Some want critical mods, others want offence. Potency is chance, not a sure thing that worth chasing.

Oh no I haven't chased potency mods (I'm not the original guy in this chain). I already had empire characters at before mods though.
  • Options
    It won't be this but I can hope.
    DarkForce_Rising.jpg
  • Options

Oh no I haven't chased potency mods (I'm not the original guy in this chain). I already had empire characters at before mods though.

Then why you said many have the Empire Characters because they have chased the Potency Mods? You sounds just like that guy and this event is probably the only place that you can actually use them besides the potency mods challenges.
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Blev08 wrote: »
    Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll still be out of credits for it.

Same.

"Oh cool, a new event... shame I get murdered half way into it and thus miss out on all the super hot awesome rewards and millions of credits they allege can be earned".

I wish I could be excited about this, but at this point I just assume it's something else that will inadvertently punish me for not having the 'right' characters leveled/starred, or a thinly veiled 'you must have paid this much in to ride' paywall.

Guess I'm finally embracing my cynicism in this game/team.
    Welcome to the Dark Side LOL, have a seat on the couch, here's your popcorn.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Then why you said many have the Empire Characters because they have chased the Potency Mods? You sounds just like that guy and this event is probably the only place that you can actually use them besides the potency mods challenges.

I didn't say that, but was agreeing it makes sense since +24% potency isn't a lot.

I do use full Empire in Arena and finish around 50th though
  • Options

I didn't say that, but was agreeing it makes sense since +24% potency isn't a lot.

Very confusing
  • Options

In your dream
  • Options
    Guys, no one knows ****. Speculation is cool and great and fantastic, by all means speculate and wonder about what it'll be. But anyone who says "I heard a rumor from my father's nephew's cousin's former roommate" is talking out their ****.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Very confusing

If you say so.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Guys, no one knows ****. Speculation is cool and great and fantastic, by all means speculate and wonder about what it'll be. But anyone who says "I heard a rumor from my father's nephew's cousin's former roommate" is talking out their ****.

....agreed
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Look, all we know is that the dark side is rising so we have to fight them using "Light Side", and it can't be Jedies because it will be too easy for those have completed The Grandmaster's Training.
  • Options
    Mischief Managed

Rofl!!! Bentwookie, that has to be the single greatest mod comment I have ever seen!
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Guess your guild doesn't have guys who solo t7 raid phases lol.
  • Options
    Obi_2 wrote: »
    R2d2 has no attack moves? No weapons......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmOteqmDYc

• Options
    Hahaha surely it's just the empire event and this message was sent to stop us moaning
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So they send that mysterious message to us all, then don't get on to bother telling us anything? That's rather rude.

Only a sith is so cruel.

You, sir, won the internet for today xD

I do, currently farming my empire team for that ^^
  • Options
    I was waiting for my raid rewards and I get this message in my inbox. I thought that EA **** up the raid rewards. I still haven't got the rewards tho...
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Does the datamine explicitly say that the Emperor is the reward?

Since it does not, and we're only assuming in this case, that maybe we need rebels to help take down the emperor and get shards for someone else. Maybe the someone that we could help bring the emperor to his demise...?

Cue the Jedi Luke shards...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options

Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    Obi_2 wrote: »
    R2d2 has no attack moves? No weapons......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmOteqmDYc

Not to mention the battle scenes with R2 from clone wars with electro shocks & flamethrowers while flying around.
  • Options
    The disturbance in the force message is MOST CERTAINLY NOT (confirmed by James Randi) a portent of the new raid.

The data mine poses enough evidence to show that it's just another event among the rest, albeit a new one. My Empire toons are lacking.
  • Options
    I just hope this is not mistake or evil joke (about massage), 'cos my guild already tired from daily farming the same events and battles. Give us something new! And fix bugs)))
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are coming

Good one
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I went from 800K on phase 1 of The Pit to 1.6m today. The difference? Potency mods.

Half of this thread is complaining about something which has not happened. Talk about an uphill battle!

Can't argue with you, but I don't need potency mod to do 1.5M damage
    I went from 800K on phase 1 of The Pit to 1.6m today. The difference? Potency mods.

Half of this thread is complaining about something which has not happened. Talk about an uphill battle!

That is great, just want you to know that there are others who don't need potency mod to do that much damage, you seems have gone a lot of trouble to do that, collecting empire characters for the challenge must have taken forever while you could have done a lot of other stuff.
  • Options

That is great, just want you to know that there are others who don't need potency mod to do that much damage, you seems have gone a lot of trouble to do that, collecting empire characters for the challenge must have taken forever while you could have done a lot of other stuff.

Not much potency needed... I easily do 2,1mil on my first attack.

OT: I'm hoping it's a new event with a toon as reward for completion, I would honestly love another Yoda style event!

I doubt the raid will be the reason for the message, I've got a feeling the raids going to be here closer to the end of the month. Say 21st onwards.
  • Options

Will you 2 just get a room for goodness sake?
  • Options

No...that's not true...that's impossible...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    The line 'there has been a disturbance in the force' was spoken by Palpatine, and was referring to Luke.
    Perhaps a rebel Luke? Personally I'd rather Emperor Palpatine but oh well.