level 65 player needs advise on what to do next

mplv
70 posts Member
Ive been playing the game for almost 2 months, I'm not sure what to work towards. I came to check the forums out and there is a lot i don't understand but would be greatful for some input.

My 2 year old non verbal autistic son likes watching the battles on my phone and anything he likes, I like.

my level 7+ guys are in order of power:
Luminara 6 star
Sid 6 star
Jedi Consular 5 star
Clone chewy 5 star
savage opress 5 star
luke 5 star
darth 4 star
boba fett 4 star
talia 4 star

my other acquired people are;

poggle
ct-21-0408
nute gunray
greedo
qui gon jinn
asaji ventress
clone sergant
snowtrooper
kit fisto
jedi knight guradian
ig-100
genosian soilder
ahsoka tano
first order tie pilot
coruscant underworld
uRORRUR"R"R"R"R
Teebo
Magmatrooper
Ewok elder

People I don't have
jedi knight anakin 56/80
night sister acolyte 15/25
rey 33/80
zam wessel 20/50
yoday 50/145
dooku 17/50
lando 15/80
finn 13/80
kylo ren 13/80
ct-5555 6/50

My mod sets are a mess but i have a lot of maxed health mods

If anyone could give me a couple goals to work towards for characters, upgrades and mods that would be badass. hopefully i can learn some stuff and my kid can fight some battles

Replies

• Options
    Chewy, Vader, Luke and Boba aren't great.
    Some of the best, most used toons are:
    Rey - gotta have Rey
    Royal Guard, GSoldier, QJG, 5s, Leia, Dooku, Daka
    I like Poggle and the droids
    I don't have Old Ben or Anakin but they are getting a lot of play.

Check the top arena teams for ideas.

Good luck!

• Options
    And Phasma is really solid!
  • EzruhBruh
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I use Phasma (leader), Kylo Ren, Sid, Luminara, and QGJ. Ren and Sid's healing immunity is great. I'm level 62 and this team got me to under 200 in the ranks. Although, I'd recommend acquiring Anakin and Rey. Those two are pretty popular in the top ranks because of their high damage. I'd also suggest keeping Sidious and upgrading him to 7* and his gear. He can deal some high damage as well. A lot of people don't really like using Kylo Ren, but personally I like him for his cooldown resets and his under 50% HP damage attack, it can deal a lot of damage too. If you use Phasma, just make sure to put her as leader for the bonus attacks she gives. I'd avoid using Chewy, Luke, and Jedi Counselor. Chewy is only good until level 30, I'd say. Luke isn't very strong either. Jedi Counselor has horrible damage and awful healing, so keep using Luminara instead of Jedi Counselor. Genosian Soldier is great too. I don't ever use him, but a lot of people like him for his high damage and the fact that he's easily farmable in Cantina. Good luck and have fun!
    Post edited by EzruhBruh on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Chars to get:
    Qui Gon: Great utility and some damage
    Luminara: Great all—round. Take her to 7* begore switching to Phasma.
    Chewie _can_ be good in raids (if you're in a guild — otherwise join one ASAP). Usefull for credit heist event.
    Rey: Great attacker. Farm her from any source, you can (hard modes and guild shop).
    Genosian Soldier: Another great attacker. Easily farmable. Prioritize it in cantina.
    Teebo: Great leader for raids and also in some arena teams. Farm his hard mode nodes, but leave him in GW shop untiæ you have both Lumi and Phasma.
    Royal guard: Most popular tank. Farm his hard mode nodes even if it's slow. His cantina node doesn't unlock until just before level 80.

Mediocre but interesting:
    Dooku: Somewhat outdated arena team leader, but works well until you have Old Ben.
    Yoda: Don't waste too much ressources on him just yet. Be patient for another month or 3.
    Ewok Elder: Can be great under a Teebo lead. A slow farm until you can buy his shards in guild shop (finish Rey first) — but farm him any way if you have energy to spare.
    Ahsoka: Don't waste cantina currency on her, but farm her hard mode nodes.
    Lando: Great for credit heist event. Useful in some rare arena team combinations.
    CT 5555: Not the beast he used to be, but has his uses.
    FO tie pilot: Slow farm. Above average damage without being top.

The rest on your list are less than mediocre and generally a waste of ressources until you have whatever other toons you want.

Leave Darth Sidious for now (unless he's close to 7*). He's not that great past level 50. ST Han Leia Ackbar from those shipments are usually the 3 first to farm.

• mplv
    70 posts Member
    Options
    I'm peaking out around 100 in the ranks using sid, chewy, vader(sometimes savageopress here), and the 2 healers. my power is around 23,100...

so, objectives short term are to get rey, jk anakin and daka. upgrade royal guard, qgj, gsoilder?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Prioritize GS in the cantina nodes, yes, but you won't be able to promote both QGJ and Daka at the same time, since they are both from cantina shipments. I would advice to farm QGJ first, even though I myself really enjoyed my stun team with Daka, RG, GS and QGJ until late level 70s.

For your atena team you might benefit from replacing your JC for another attacker, f.ex. Savage or Luke. JC is quite squishy and easy to kill before he even makes his first move. I'm sure, you will see, that as soon as you get your taunting tank, you will drop less ranks, since you will be targeted less. Without a taunter, you will be a sitting duck.

Good luck with everything :—)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Edit: ...until you get RG for your team. (You already have a taunting tank in chewie).

You might also consider running 2 tanks f.ex. RG and Chewie combined with 3 attackers, f.ex. QGJ, GS and Rey.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    More edit: If you can break top 50 arena rank, you will be able to sustain 2 energy refreshes and 1 cantina energy refresh daily, with your crystal rewards from arena.
  • mplv
    70 posts Member
    Options
    when you say GS is it the spy or the soilder?
  • Options
    U should start asap on a high valuable arena squad, which can take place in top 50#.. To reach that, u should set a primary focus on one of the actually high rated squad comps.. They are:

1 aa lead leia combo with some taunts and buffers, which trigger aa leader ability. I would go aa,leia,rg,sthan,and maybe rey qgj gs biggs, lando, whatever

2 droids hk47 lead, 88,86,je,cn/rg/

3 old ben meta ,qgj,rg,daka,rey

4 just as p2p clones.. Rex lead, echo,fives,phase1, cody

U should look up, what your shard looks like and maybe copy the nr1 . If u got your first squad perfect maxed out, u start on another, with less pressure.
    Depending on your squad u start farmin on the right needed 5 dot mods.

Dont waste your rescources on lumi,sid,and all of thus, who are not in top50
  • Options
    U should start asap on a high valuable arena squad, which can take place in top 50#.. To reach that, u should set a primary focus on one of the actually high rated squad comps.. They are:

1 aa lead leia combo with some taunts and buffers, which trigger aa leader ability. I would go aa,leia,rg,sthan,and maybe rey qgj gs biggs, lando, whatever

U should look up, what your shard looks like and maybe copy the nr1 . If u got your first squad perfect maxed out, u start on another, with less pressure.

"Don't waste resources on lumi and sid"? Dude, I see people all the time that use Sid and Lumi pretty much all over the ranks. I even see them in the top 10 players too. What are you talking about?
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    EzruhBruh wrote: »

"Don't waste resources on lumi and sid"? Dude, I see people all the time that use Sid and Lumi pretty much all over the ranks. I even see them in the top 10 players too. What are you talking about?

Yes, me too. But I'll be honest: If I see a team with Luminara in the arena, I face and win, can be any composition. She was my first hero unlocked at GW, it helped me a lot. But with the entry of mods, she lost some of its usefulness. Her damage is not very good, her heal takes several turns, as evasion lead she is worse than Old Ben/Dooku, etc. In GW, Barriss is far more efficient to provide sustainability for the team, both healing and lead skills do a perfect job. It's been two weeks I have won all GWs without using it.

It's sad, I like Lumi, but the truth is that she's here on my screen with 7 stars, gear 8, level 73... and unused.

Edit: And Sidious... It's a shame what they did to him. It is absolutely useless. If i see him in arena, victory guaranteed. In my server, Sidious disappeared with the entry of mods.
  • Options
    EzruhBruh wrote: »

Yes, me too. But I'll be honest: If I see a team with Luminara in the arena, I face and win, can be any composition. She was my first hero unlocked at GW, it helped me a lot. But with the entry of mods, she lost some of its usefulness. Her damage is not very good, her heal takes several turns, as evasion lead she is worse than Old Ben/Dooku, etc. In GW, Barriss is far more efficient to provide sustainability for the team, both healing and lead skills do a perfect job. It's been two weeks I have won all GWs without using it.

It's sad, I like Lumi, but the truth is that she's here on my screen with 7 stars, gear 8, level 73... and unused.

Edit: And Sidious... It's a shame what they did to him. It is absolutely useless. If i see him in arena, victory guaranteed. In my server, Sidious disappeared with the entry of mods.

What'd they do to Sidious? He's been working out for me. I dunno, though. Maybe I just haven't gotten to the more stronger teams in squad arena and stuff, because I've just been wrecking. I'm level 63 and I have Sid at 6*, and one slot away from gear 7, and so far from what I can tell, he has fairly decent damage.
    Fair point about Lumi, though. And about Barriss... how do you even farm her shards? I haven't seen her in any of the Cantina battles yet, and I'm at stage 5.
  • Options
    Don't farm out all the meta toons in hopes that they will still be the meta in 2 months when your done with them.

Go for a team that you like that can work well together in all modes.
    All arounder's work well for your first team. Try to have 1 taunter in your squad, its difficult to have a strong team when it can be focused. A few champs that work well in every mode are Lumi, AA, EE, QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Phasma.

Focus on 1 hero from each location at a time. 1 cantina farm, 1 cantina token, 1 GW, 1 arena

Farm hard mode shards for anyone you might remotely want based on eneregy use. Try to limit it to 3-4 tops, or you'll never be able to get gear for anyone.