Emperor's Demise prep (FTP)

As I'm sure many people are, I'm completely unprepared for the new event that's been announced. The only rebel I really use is Leia, who I have at 7*, Lv70, G9. I also have Biggs from a pack one time, who I just promoted to 3*, and he's at Lv55, G5.

I just started farming STHan in Arena, and I make top 200 every day so I'll have him done in 5 days. What I'm wondering is, who else would be easiest to get for a FTP player before the event ends? Not necessarily most powerful, I just want to be able to try the event before it goes away.

Replies

• Options
    We don't quite know what is required yet. In previous events sometimes a particular toon was basically required to win.

The easiest straight Rebel farm

1) Akbar to 4* (he is best FTP lead)
    2) Lando from Cantina, HRS from Cantina Shipments and Hard Nodes, Biggs from GW
    3) After Akbar to 4* get STHan to 4*. Then either get Leia if needed or continue STHan to 7*

Note that Biggs unique gives him TM basically whenever he is attacked by Empire characters so it's possible his utility, even without Wedge, will be huge in this battle.

Luke may also be better than Lando depending on the need to stun supertoons like the Emperor vs. the need to use AoE against RG protected toons. They both need a lot of gear to be really useful.
  • Options
    See, my concern there is the cripplingly slow regen of cantina energy. Lando needs 80 shards to unlock and I have none. I think I have 12 for Luke and he takes 50. So that's almost 120 shards. The nodes take 8 energy each, so it takes 96 minutes per attempt to have the energy. Even at 100% drop rate it'd take 8 full days, and we all know how far from 100% it really is. As for cantina currency I can't really spare much of it, since I'm still trying to star Ahsoka. Plus it's so slow I doubt I could unlock anyone with it in time.

Really, Lando won't be feasible without a whole bunch of refreshes, for which I'd need to pour cash in, and I'd rather not. Luke would be more achievable, but ew. Still, it looks like I've no choice.

If I make top 200 every day, I'll have both STHan and Ackbar unlocked on the very last day of the event. Leia is fully starred already so no concern there, and Biggs is being worked on in GW. At least if nothing else I'll get to try the challenge on the last day. :/
  • Options
    Lando and Luke are both first level (8 energy) and with one refresh a day, which is very viable for any FTP, will produce faster than an Arena farm. FWIW. Your choice of Ashoka over HRS is fine but obviously hurts your ability in the long run to complete this event as HRS is very good against Empire characters and has a basic team TM gain which will likely be very important to a successful team comp as Rebels are geared around TM.
  • Options
    So I did buy a refresh and simmed 15 battles for Luke. I got two shards. :))))))))))

I did have him in my guild store though so that's helped me along a little.

As for HRS, I'm not really getting enough cantina currency coming in to get him in time anyway, so I figured I might as well stay on track with Ahsoka.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    So I did buy a refresh and simmed 15 battles for Luke. I got two shards. :))))))))))

I did have him in my guild store though so that's helped me along a little.

As for HRS, I'm not really getting enough cantina currency coming in to get him in time anyway, so I figured I might as well stay on track with Ahsoka.

Don't farm Luke... he's far from good right now. And probably a better version of him coming out soon enough (Jedi Master one).
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    TMK wrote: »
    Don't farm Luke... he's far from good right now. And probably a better version of him coming out soon enough (Jedi Master one).

Jedi Master will likely not be a Rebel...

It's possible they might make a Jedi Knight Luke a Rebel/Jedi hybrid but I'd bet against that as well.

Luke may be good for this event. Possibly better than Lando. Lando is excellent for AoE events like the Credit Heist and the Scoundrel Mod Challenge but if this event features a single enemy at the end (Emperor P) then Lando is fairly ineffective while Luke, with stun and a decent amount of single shot damage, will be much better. Putting crit chance mods on Luke with speed/potency attributes will be extremely effective.

HRS and Biggs also gain from having an empire enemy. Overall there's no doubt Lando is a better investment but for this particular event he may not be.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    TMK wrote: »

Jedi Master will likely not be a Rebel...

It's possible they might make a Jedi Knight Luke a Rebel/Jedi hybrid but I'd bet against that as well.

Luke may be good for this event. Possibly better than Lando. Lando is excellent for AoE events like the Credit Heist and the Scoundrel Mod Challenge but if this event features a single enemy at the end (Emperor P) then Lando is fairly ineffective while Luke, with stun and a decent amount of single shot damage, will be much better. Putting crit chance mods on Luke with speed/potency attributes will be extremely effective.

HRS and Biggs also gain from having an empire enemy. Overall there's no doubt Lando is a better investment but for this particular event he may not be.

Maybe dual type like you already said. It would be most fair imo but the biggest chance goes to him being single type of Jedi.

I still wouldn't bother farming Luke because solely for this purpose he's not worth. I bet the event could be done without him.

Ackbar, Leia, ST Han, Biggs and HRSc is what I will have for the Event.
  • Options
    If it requires 5 toons, I am screwed.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If it requires 5 toons, I am screwed.

My gut is telling me that there's 90% chance it will require 5 characters. Not only 5 Rebels but 5 x 7* to maximize the reward.
  • Options
    I have zero chance of getting a fifth toon... I am counting only 8 rebels total, and 4 are hard farms. I got all the fast ones...
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I have zero chance of getting a fifth toon... I am counting only 8 rebels total, and 4 are hard farms. I got all the fast ones...

Which one have you missed on?
  • Options
    Ok, with Han Solo, I got nine. I have 7 Han shards, soo....
  • Options
    See, my concern there is the cripplingly slow regen of cantina energy. Lando needs 80 shards to unlock and I have none. I think I have 12 for Luke and he takes 50. So that's almost 120 shards. The nodes take 8 energy each, so it takes 96 minutes per attempt to have the energy. Even at 100% drop rate it'd take 8 full days, and we all know how far from 100% it really is. As for cantina currency I can't really spare much of it, since I'm still trying to star Ahsoka. Plus it's so slow I doubt I could unlock anyone with it in time.
    With a Cantina energy refresh you will average about 10 Lando shards per day, and enough to buy 5 shards from Cantina Shipments per day. So that's Lando in 8 days and HRS in 10 days.
  • Options
    I was starting to make a rebel team so i got , 5*leia, 6*lando but not geared, 4*aa, bigs 3*, luke 4* should i try to get a 4* sthan(ill need him later, or keep farming leia nd aa?
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    You will need all three from the Arena so I would go Leia, Ackbar and ST Han, in order.