Nebit lead vs HK lead?

So nebit lead applies a debuff on a critical hit. If he does this vs another je squad and JE applies crit chance buff, what happens. Does a buff over a debuff cancel it out???? Or over ride?

Replies

• Options
    From what I've seen with Offense Up/Down, the first one has priority until it expires. When this happens, if the next one still has time left, it will activate for that remainder.

So no, if they get Crit Up first, not going to help much unless you remove it with Teebo/QGJ/Asaajj.
  • Options
    So if they get crit down. JE won't give them crit up?
  • Options

Yes if Nebit's leader skill wasn't broke

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Well let's see, crit chance down, or 50% TM gain on every crit...I think the choice should be fairly obvious if you're running a droid squad in arena.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Well let's see, crit chance down, or 50% TM gain on every crit...I think the choice should be fairly obvious if you're running a droid squad in arena.

Did you read the thread?

If you prevent the crit chance buff you are negating some of the TM gain.
  • Options
    HK lead, not even close.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Did you read the thread?

If you prevent the crit chance buff you are negating some of the TM gain.

My answer is still the same. Would you rather have the chance at making the enemy go less, which would still be more than you, or go more yourself.

And if this is simply a "do opposing buffs cancel each other out" tread, then yes they do same as with all other opposing buffs regardless of proclaimed 'broken' leader abilities.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    So crit down would be cancelled out by je. Effectively dispelled?
  • Options
    So crit down would be cancelled out by je. Effectively dispelled?

No the crit down stays, the crit up ends up being ignored.

Similar to Ben doing offense down on a target with offense up. It does nothing.
  • Options
    Ok, so the first effect applied stays until it is expired. Then the second effect takes over.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Answer is neither, GG lead. :)

For Jawa squad
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hk lead. 50% TM beats any effect good or bad.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    JE versus HK...hmm, tough call. I'd go with JE if HK isn't maxed since he is slower than molasses on Hoth without mods. Maxed HK though with good speed boosting mods is more fearsome with his Crit bonuses.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is the only fun part of using plo koon. After u do a debuff of say crit down on a toon that already has crit up, his basic turns those green enemy buffs into red ones. Basically, if u don't explicitly see the "resisted" thing, the debuff is on there, it just won't take effect until the buff expires. U won't see it, at all.

I notice the raid captain doesn't follow this rule. His offense up immediately supercedes a preexisting offense down.

Btw, nowhere does OP state he is using a droid squad, himself. He may be trying to beat a droid squad without a droid squad of his own, using nebit with toons other than assassin droids. In fact I know George runs ben lead and has farmed a Jawa squad.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm just looking at possible combinations and on a jawa squad moving first vs droids crit chance down looks like it will make a lot of the droids first moves really weak, especially if the jawa have stunned and ability blocked them. Just weighing it up vs dathcha lead. I think defense down does sound good on paper but it isn't going to get them killed quicker with the jawa cos they are all so weak. I think damage mitigation will be more reliable vs droids hence if the crit down sticks prior to JE's move it will probably slow them down enough to control the droid squad better.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeah, crit down before they act sounds good. I suppose u can get ur JE to 219 speed with ur mods, then? And ur other jawa will need speed 148+ to beat out cams JE. Assuming u got ur JE maxed and omegad. Simply getting ur Jawa to go first may be enough, if ur lucky.

Once I get gear on my nebit, I will have a 5 droid/jawa squad with 223 speed JE. I'm sure cam has some more speed in the bank, too.
  • Options
    Again, Nebit's lead is broken. Once/if it ever gets fixed it might be interesting to try with a Jawa/Droid team. Drop HK and sub for Jawa or Datcha
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Yes if Nebit's leader skill wasn't broke

Can you elaborate how it's broke? I'm getting crit downs with Nebit.
  • Options
    Not sure if I can out mod you guys but it will be fun trying. Dathcha is aweful in pvp and he is maxed. Him and jawa have very little health so first turn dominence and getting the omega on Nebits taunt is looking crucial. The rotation looks quite nice tbf on the jawa vs droids. But I'm really worried about their damage output. Hopefully nebits special will pack a big punch. I'm also hoping scavengers bomb dropping will drop a seperate bomb for each character who gets hit so if droids do aoe they get 2 or three bombs to blow up with his special.
  • Options
    @No_Try : Nebit lead only does crit down when the attack is not attempting to simultaneously inflict any other debuff. So, for example, it does crit down on Datcha's basic but not Jawa's when he inflicts speed down instead. It should be inflicting crit down AND speed down (50% chance). It's been confirmed by CG as a bug on the bugs page.

@GeorgeRules : Omega on Nebit taunt makes a big difference. His special does pack a big punch (7-8k crit plus two assists), as does Jawa's basic. I've given Datcha some mod love with extra potency and offense and he hits pretty hard now (basic crits for 9-10k), and his AoE ability block sticks frequently with more potency. But he's still the weakest Jawa.

An all-Jawa squad is not strong enough for high-level but I run them nodes 1-8 of GW daily and haven't lost a toon yet (all max gear, 7*, all omega except scavenger, all 5-dot level 15 mods). Then I swap in my droids to cruise through nodes 9-12.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    @No_Try : Nebit lead only does crit down when the attack is not attempting to simultaneously inflict any other debuff. So, for example, it does crit down on Datcha's basic but not Jawa's when he inflicts speed down instead. It should be inflicting crit down AND speed down (50% chance). It's been confirmed by CG as a bug on the bugs page.

Oooh that's crucial to know, I was wondering why I'm getting crit downs but at a bad rate. I love using Nebit lead and will try to insist on doing that to get hk out of the team if it's at least feasible. To me, enemy getting less crits is as important as me getting more turns. And using Nebit's taunt first is not the best choice as it's easy to assume at first.

• Options
    Totally agree. I started a thread on this month ago (link below) but got no traction. Glad you're revisiting.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56922/is-nebit-lead-better-than-hk-for-hybrid-droid-jawa-teams#latest
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    Totally agree. I started a thread on this month ago (link below) but got no traction. Glad you're revisiting.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56922/is-nebit-lead-better-than-hk-for-hybrid-droid-jawa-teams#latest

This particular weirdo combo is working really well for me right now. 1 stun, 1 dead before enemy goes.

LwfdQTl.jpg