Barriss heals through immunity ? Give me a break

Prev1
Nzchimeran
165 posts Member
edited January 2016
No wonder all the P2W use her, her heal works even when heal immunity is active, exploit or what? A big game changer.
Also, why does she have more HP than a 5 star Chewie tank?
Laughable.

Replies

• Options
    Hello @Nzchimeran,

I take it that you are fairly new to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. If not I apologize for my assumption, however this has always been the case with barris which makes her a viable character in GW. However in high level gameplay PvP wise very few people actually use barris because at the higher levels having a character who can do a heal and hit like a wet noodle actually isn't very useful. The longer you play the game and the more you learn about characters and how the meta progresses you may have a new view on certain characters. She is very helpful in the leveling process but from a pvp stand point she is not used as often before her nerf. I hope this info was helpful.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums. I encourage you to use that magnifying glass up there and search 'Bariss'. Maybe after she heals, since it is such an op heal, her head should explode.
  • Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    No wonder all the P2W use her, her heal works even when heal immunity is active, exploit or what? A big game changer.
    Laughable.

No, she doesn't heal through immunity, if you check her heal function, the tooltip says "health percentages equalized then each ally recovers 10% of their max"

What you're seeing is the equalization, the heal part doesn't get through the immunity. She just has a big enough HP pool to share out, it looks like it heals. Don't believe me, watch the AI try to self heal when she's the only toon left and has immunity debuff on.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Laughable.

Definitely a freshie, barriss is not, has never been, and never will be OP. Disregarding the first month of the games soft launch of course where hp and healing were the meta instead of damage and speed. :smile:
  • Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Laughable.

Definitely a freshie, barriss is not, has never been, and never will be OP. Disregarding the first month of the games soft launch of course where hp and healing were the meta instead of damage and speed. :smile:

I agree with you, but he didn't say she was OP.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I'm f2p, didn't even pay $5 for Dooku, and use Barriss, got lucky on a pack pull.
  • Options
    Bariss can't really compete with one shot glass cannon teams.
  • Options
    Laughable.

Lulznoobshaming
  • Options
    No, she doesn't heal through immunity, if you check her heal function, the tooltip says "health percentages equalized then each ally recovers 10% of their max"

What you're seeing is the equalization, the heal part doesn't get through the immunity. She just has a big enough HP pool to share out, it looks like it heals. Don't believe me, watch the AI try to self heal when she's the only toon left and has immunity debuff on.

This.

Meeting Barriss in a GW game is a prime opportunity to leave her standing last and reset all your cooldowns as best you can. "She hits like a wet noodle" sums it up nicely.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    If a toon has heal immunity from Sidius debuff, no health should be regained. I watched her cast and heal a Chewie from red bar to green, she did it twice when Chewie had Sidius de buff.
    It is supposed to stop healing. Mombojumbo or not, Chewie got healed even with the red Sidius immunity.
    That to me is wrong.
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Laughable.

Lulznoobshaming

Lulz this gaming community
    Adding nothing probably sums up your entire existence fool.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums. I encourage you to use that magnifying glass up there and search 'Bariss'. Maybe after she heals, since it is such an op heal, her head should explode.
    And I would suggest you just use glasses to read, obviously English may not be your first language.
    Or perhaps climb back under your bridge?
  • Options
    moddom wrote: »
    Hello @Nzchimeran,

I take it that you are fairly new to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. If not I apologize for my assumption, however this has always been the case with barris which makes her a viable character in GW. However in high level gameplay PvP wise very few people actually use barris because at the higher levels having a character who can do a heal and hit like a wet noodle actually isn't very useful. The longer you play the game and the more you learn about characters and how the meta progresses you may have a new view on certain characters. She is very helpful in the leveling process but from a pvp stand point she is not used as often before her nerf. I hope this info was helpful.

And yet searching PvP ranks, she is 5 of the top 10.
    Why give advice, when obviously she is used a lot in PVP
    Fairly new but that does not dismiss the poorly executed game mechanics of this glorified slot machine of ultimate grinding and credit card tugging.

• Options
    If a toon has heal immunity from Sidius debuff, no health should be regained. I watched her cast and heal a Chewie from red bar to green, she did it twice when Chewie had Sidius de buff.
    It is supposed to stop healing. Mombojumbo or not, Chewie got healed even with the red Sidius immunity.
    That to me is wrong.

Technically no health is regained. Everyone's health is equalised. The 10% heal after the equalisation however IS blocked from heal immunity.

Offee's heal has definitely caused a lot of gripes with many players. But that's the way it's been since the start of this game and most of us have just accepted it and worked on strategies around it. After a while she's becomes nothing but a soft hitting one trick pony. Just bear with it for now you'll get there.
  • Options
    whoever mentioned the 'wet noodle' bit about barriss first probably grins every time he sees it. it's said in every thread about her.
  • Options
    Lol, this thread makes me smile. OP, I despise you and your whiny, patronizing tone, so I'm kinda glad you got #rekt.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Lol, this thread makes me smile. OP, I despise you and your whiny, patronizing tone, so I'm kinda glad you got #rekt.

I thought OP was actually being serious and then he/she used, "mumbojumbo" in a sentence...that's when I realized..we've been had.
  • Options
    Lol, I considered that, but I get more satisfaction and enjoyment out of not believing it ;)

Sometimes I just prefer my head in the clouds haha!
  • Options
    Atwell wrote: »
    That to me is wrong.

Technically no health is regained. Everyone's health is equalised. The 10% heal after the equalisation however IS blocked from heal immunity.

Offee's heal has definitely caused a lot of gripes with many players. But that's the way it's been since the start of this game and most of us have just accepted it and worked on strategies around it. After a while she's becomes nothing but a soft hitting one trick pony. Just bear with it for now you'll get there.

And the sooner every single player in this game comes to grip with this reality the sooner we can stop having to read these **** unwarranted complaints!
  • Options
    Hi. I'm not a P2W by all means but I do have Bariss (managed to drop a 4* Bariss in a Bronzium pack!) trust me when I say this, she's a one trick pony. The advantage of using Bariss is to heal through immunity, her heal is seen an equalisation rather than a full out heal. Her huge health may also be seen as a plus. But many Toons can blast her away in a matter of a few terns. Ability block her and she turns into an Ewok with extra health.
  • Options
    Azrex_Dren wrote: »
    whoever mentioned the 'wet noodle' bit about barriss first probably grins every time he sees it. it's said in every thread about her.

Not really. I agree, she is pretty weak in PVP and I'm actually relieved to see her more times than not.
  • Options
    Laughable.

She's really not that good later in the game. Kinda like dooku.
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Laughable.

She's really not that good later in the game. Kinda like dooku.

That may change, I see the main reason dooku is not widely used in late game is that he is too slow and hard to get to 7* like much of the alternatives. With a Cantina node for him we may see him used much more!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    That to me is wrong.

Barris is the counter to Sid. Just like Sid is the counter to normal healing. You know, like scissors beat paper and paper beat rock. Why do you feel it's ok that Sid can neuter Jedi Consul ability, but it's not ok that Barris counter Sid's ability?
    Besides that: Barris heal has a 5 turn cooldown. If she healed chewie more than once, then you weren't able to kill a wounded chewie in 5 turns. Your problem is not that Barris is OP, your problem is your team lack damage.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Hello @Nzchimeran,

My server had 5 Barris in the top 10, and 10 in the top 20, when everybody was below lvl 50. Right now the #1 player is 60, the top 10 is above lvl 55-56, and we have 4 of them in the top 20. We also have 7 Sidius, 4 Phasma, 2 Luminara, 2 HK47, and 1 Old Ben. When the server ages, she is used less. She is more useful against simple teams that rely in Sid and killing toons 1v1. But her heal is weak vs AOE (much weaker than Luminara, much worse cooldown than JC), and can't revive dead toons, the possibility to heal back heavy wounded guys is lesser when FOTP one-shots people
    I have Barris, and use her only in GW.
  • Options
    Hello @Nzchimeran,

Fairly new but that does not dismiss the poorly executed game mechanics of this glorified slot machine of ultimate grinding and credit card tugging.

In a level 60 (or more) server shard she is 8 of the top 100, the first one is rank 23. At endgame she is fairly useless as she is a one trick pony.

She is sometimes used as leader due to her leadership ability. Usually a Bariss leader means it will have high difficulty Jedi in it.

Other than that unique scenario . . . meh.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    How do you handle her in match? Ignore her and try to get an early heal out of her?
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Just ignore her period, lol. Bring damage and focus down a priority target. She'll do her thing, if you can't focus something down you're already in trouble.
  • Options
    Hello @Nzchimeran,

In a level 60 (or more) server shard she is 8 of the top 100, the first one is rank 23. At endgame she is fairly useless as she is a one trick pony.

She is sometimes used as leader due to her leadership ability. Usually a Bariss leader means it will have high difficulty Jedi in it.

Other than that unique scenario . . . meh.

I'm level 47...... So yeah this is not relevant. She is most top 10 n my PVP arenas.
    She is annoying, always same bull, I get tank to red 10% and heal immunity debuff, she pops heal and heals tank all the way up to 90% which to me is a bug.
    Heal immunity should be exactly that, no heal gained. Chewies own heal ability won't work, nor will the other Jedi healers.

I am now level 49, I have spent $200 on chromiums in a bid to even put my rank against the P2W, I have gone from rank 48 to rank 90 and am now unable to get below 50.
    $200 got me a 2 star Leia and a bunch or random useless shards, and a few 2 star unused Ewok toons.
    I bought 4x 8 packs.
    I am asking for a full refund.
    Games a total rip off and I'm over it.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bariss is NOT healing through an immunity. She never has and one would assume since cry babies got her unjustly nerf'd she never will either.

Here is the way bariss works.........

When she casts her heal she does 2 things.
    1) equalizes the teams health
    2) casts a group heal

Lets look at both parts seperatly because they are 2 seperate functions.......

1) equalization:
    What she does is pools the entire teams collective health and then redistributes it evenly across the entire team. This is NOT a heal. If u watch closely at the numbers and NOT the health bars, you will see all the negative numbers where she is stripping health from some members and redistibuting it to lower ones.
    NOT A HEAL, its equalization and therefore a HEAL debuff cant stop it (its a heal debuff NOT an equalization debuff)
    2) group heal:
    Exactly what it says and again if u watch the numbers closely, you will see that all heal debuffs effectivly block it as they are supposed to.

*note* for the record, pretty sure she has the weakest heal in the game and she has virtually no atk. Shes easily argued as the most worthless healer to date (her health pool and leader ability make her ideal for GW though)

Bariss is working as intended. Before folks come here ranting, i HIGHLY encourage them to look it up and understand how it works ahead of time
    OR
    Dont just start ranting but rather ask for help. Had the OP said "i think bariss is healing through debuffs, could someone explain how she works to me or has anyone else noticed it" that would be much better then ranting on about an invalid point thats incorrect.

I hope this helpsecplain better how she works and what her special is actually doing.