Is it too early to call EP OP

Prev1
So as soon as I looked at EP's abilities I could see he was way OP.

Honestly what is wrong with you the developers? (Give me a job and I'll get most things right the first time)

Confirmed today in arena - I rarely lose in arena and if I do it's by a small margin - sit between 15-50.

Fought a palpy team today, they'd barely had him 12 hours so his abilities were only level 4-5 and gear only level 8.

(None of the other every toons were particularly impressive either)

Palpy, Vader, maul, RG, Han.

Palpy stunned 4/5 tons straight off the bat and it was all downhill from there
(Everything they do lands because the potency buff is too big).

I got annihilated - only managed to kill Han (never managed to dispel despite 90% potency on QGG because he was always stunned or ability blocked), took out Mauls protection only, all other enemy toons entirely untouched

Wouldn't have beaten them if threw the same team at them another 2 or r times. Stoopid ....

Replies

• Options
    Well, I can't say I don't join you in being in awe of his leader skill and other abilities. But I tend to go along with "If you can't beat em, join em."
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yes, it is too early to call him OP because you lost to him in arena. WHat was your team? You know what, Wedge, Lando, Biggs, STH and Poe destroy palpatine lead teams, its not even close really. Also, just because he barely had him 12 hours doesn't mean he isn't almost fully geared. My palp is 1 piece away from gear 10 and fully modded. There are many others that are already maxed.

ETA: A palpatine lead team is strong because of the sustain. Speed burst teams are the counter.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • OguhDeias
    140 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Soooo what you´re saying is that because palpatine woooped your team he is OP right?

Geeez first time i see one of these threads on forum... :)

Though i am really surprised it took so long for someone to start crying about the emperor and his dark powers...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeap, it is difficult to dispel any buffs with QGJ by your team: "Palpy, Vader, maul, RG, Han."
  • Options
    I don't want to be forced to use palpy to stay near top of arena ...
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I remeber when Yoda first came out. People where posting screen shots of him sharing out 5 or 6 buffs to the entire group. People on the forums were grabbing their pitch forks and torches and calling for nerfs.

I say again...we are talking about people calling for a yoda nerf.

So yeah...way too early to call him OP. Let it play out for a while.
    Post edited by Krey on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yep too early...
  • Options
    No oguhdeias

Did you read the post?

I sometimes get beaten by (by teams with full five star mods, full abilities) BUT when I do it's by a very small margin

This time I got absolutely annihilated and they only had a six star Vader, a crappy faith maul, a fairly average RG and Han and palpy only had abilities 4-5

the point is the contrast ....

Like in step-brothers when they wail on the school-kids at the end. No other arena team could compete ....

Palpy is overpowered could see it just by reading his abilities and then confirmed it in arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Still too early bro.
  • Options
    I'm sure Jedi Luke will be along soon as the perfect counter to Palpatine-led teams ;-)
  • Options
    U can see the gear level and the abilities Ray Ray ...

But your right about heat team with wedge. I should day he is was OP for any F2P player to compete with ....
  • Options
    How embarrassing. What goes through peoples' minds when they make these posts?
  • Options
    Well we see that I'm correct when he's nerfed later down the track.
    Ciao
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Hey hey berimbolo - it wasn't your palpy team - your sitting comfortably in 2nd. I wouldn't even scratch yours ;)
  • Options
    More Noob Crying topic! Stop asking nerfs and learn to play!
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats, you're the first one joining the predicted ensemble of whiners who wants Palpatine nerfed. Didn't take even 24h. Awesome.
  • Options
    Not a noob, played since start. Held 1st in very competitive arena for a good 3-4 months. Took a months break and fell behind, still catching up.

Have no trouble whatsoever with ANY other team composition, never have had.

Do you get the point yet .......

Don't make wrong judgment calls

Never through yoda etc were OP

But palpy is. He'll be nerfed in time
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Were you by chance........ using jedi and rebels you've previously used as crutches?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want to be forced to use palpy to stay near top of arena ...

So use Wedge lead with Biggs or Anakin, Lando, Poe and STH. That is a beastly team
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

But palpy is. He'll be nerfed in time

Not too sure about this. He is a priority target, like Rey, Anakin, FOTP, etc. That Doesn't mean he will get nerfed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is it time.....nope still too early.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Were you by chance........ using jedi and rebels you've previously used as crutches?

This is my question. What team did the OP use? If you were using a "typical" meta team - say, STHan, OB, Anakin, QGJ (which the OP already confirmed) Leia, etc. - you're playing right into Palp's hands.

Palp/Vader/Maul team is specifically heavily anti-Jedi (and ant-Rebel to a lesser extent). Using those types of teams against them is simply asking for a problem.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Come on, Man!

The devs got Emp Palp right. Stop trying to create a firestorm just to ensure you can win 100% of the time. You should be nerfed.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Fought a g10 palpi today...he didn't move. No chance he can survive round 1 against my droid team....op??? Lol!!!
  • Options

Like in step-brothers when they wail on the school-kids at the end. No other arena team could compete ....

Stand up to them son. Don´t be afraid. Even if you get beat just throw a good fist at the bigger guy... you´ll see that he will be less willing next time...

Now seriously, stop the crying, specially when not even 24H have gone by.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    WWWAAAAYYY too early
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    here we go again xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Droid teams pfff - no challenge whatsoever in any composition.

I'm not talking about palpy by himself - I mean palpy in right team - eg quick Han, gives palpy, empire and sith early attacks, everything lands, which gives TM etc etc etc

But OguhDeias they made my team lick the White dog do :( lol
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Fought a g10 palpi today...he didn't move. No chance he can survive round 1 against my droid team....op??? Lol!!!

Do droids ever lose on offense? I know they can lose on Defense but on offense-Regardless of who you were playing?