Honestly. WhatsWorking for you?

Prev1
KennyKonif
120 posts Member
edited August 2016
Working for you?

In PVP.

I'm running a Phasma lead, QGJ, GS, Rey and RG with only about 36k power in a late Nov. server, I'm F2P and consistently in 50-100 rankings.

What can I/should I do differently? Besides spending some coin. Was thinking of finishing off Anakin to run as a lead.

Any suggestions?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well that deck u are currently running can get you top 5 rankings if u geared it out fully with mods and such. However it's not a great defensive deck at all. With Phasma in the lead, offensively u can blow almost any team out of the water, but if I'm picking an opponent to jump up the rankings, Phasma leads will be my first targets.

Consider working on old ben, dodge leads are still by far the most annoying teams to fight against.
    You can easily use this deck to climb rankings daily then swap to old ben lead on your final fight, should be able to reduce the slide overnight, then keep climbing each day with your 5 free tries.

ps Anakin is a great character to work on, but he's offensive oriented. Good to have him in the stable replacing gs
  • KennyKonif
    120 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to run Dooku lead but switched to Phasma. DOH! Would make to switch back when I'm done with my 3 for the night. Don't have Ben unlocked yet. My GS is a badbutthole tho. Need to keep him in.
  • Options
    dooku isn't as good a old ben but works for short term I guess.

GS while nice, doesn't come close to Anakin when he's fully geared.

ps I'm in a nov-dec shard btw and I've been holding top spot for a long time ;)
  • Options
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    Working for you?

In PVP.

I'm running a Phasma lead, QGJ, GS, Rey and RG with only about 36k power in a late Nov. server, I'm F2P and consistently in 50-100 rankings.

What can I/should I do differently? Besides spending some coin. Was thinking of finishing off Anakin to run as a lead.

Any suggestions?

Ooohwee. Remove rey or gs. Add sth. Double tank taunts is where it's at.
  • Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

depends on your server. I basically weed out all the peeps in top 10 using double taunts a while ago when I used a deck with both SF and B2 ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't really have trouble with double tank taunts either.
  • Options
    And my Phasma is weak. Only about 6k power. Trying to gear her up.
  • Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

depends on your server. I basically weed out all the peeps in top 10 using double taunts a while ago when I used a deck with both SF and B2 ;)

Ooohwee. B2 technically doesn't taunt, but you might as well consider it one. He's one of those toons who, if you don't deal with immediately, can cause problems. Especially since you can't taunt with him on the field. But yeah, I only run 1 taunt and that is SF. I like having fives as my other tank holding it down like a boss.
  • Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

Ooohwee. B2 technically doesn't taunt, but you might as well consider it one. He's one of those toons who, if you don't deal with immediately, can cause problems. Especially since you can't taunt with him on the field. But yeah, I only run 1 taunt and that is SF. I like having fives as my other tank holding it down like a boss.

Aoe is where the fun is nowadays anyway. I run Wedge Anakin Lando two hans and don't drop out of top 5 nowadays heh ;)
  • Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

Aoe is where the fun is nowadays anyway. I run Wedge Anakin Lando two hans and don't drop out of top 5 nowadays heh ;)

Ooohwee. Those teams aren't in my shard yet, but I'd love to go against them. Counters are my specialty. :#
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    wait what? a 36k power team top100-50 in a late nov server. Am i the only one amazed by this?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Or you could just try not running the same team as 99% of other people as everyone knows how to beat it!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rank and gear.... always a good start on what to do to become more powerful.

Second is once you get a little more powerful done be afraid to pick a day and put in the 50 crystal refresh, there is more movement higher up, if you can get to the lower numbers you might find you drop a little less then you do now.
  • Options
    U need mods... it's not a toon meta, it's a mod meta. Farm mods
  • Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

@KennyKonif I run the same team. I just maxed the living daylights out of it. My RG has almost 70k health/protection. I've seen (and battled!) RG's with over 80k.

It's a solid squad. Problem? I've noticed that GS and rey, while completely awesome, are easy targets to kill.

Gear up, mod up and you'll be in the top 5 for sure.

• Options
    Please no clickbait titles.. fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

Take out GS and add StHan or 5's. StHan would be better.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    wait what? a 36k power team top100-50 in a late nov server. Am i the only one amazed by this?
    I run a 37.5k power team in a nov server in top50 regularly. So not too amazed ;)
  • Options
    Mods and gear and mods and gear and mods and gear and mods and gear.

I'm at about the same area as you, finishing between 50 and 100, and the problem I've noticed isn't what squad I use. The problem is that everyone I fight in that range is gear 10 and 11, while I'm still getting by with 8 and a handful of 9s. It took several million credits, but my mods are finally on par with theirs (Still have to work on getting better secondary stats, but that can be put on the backburner for a little bit) so that's where I am, your mileage may vary.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that when you're like me, gear mostly 8 or 9, you can go into an Arena match and win against someone who is a few thousand Power higher than you with gear 10 or 11 because the AI isn't very good. So when those gear 10 or 11 players go into arena and see you, it's not like you magically become some huge threat :P

F2P players don't really progress through arena. That's not to say we can't take 1st. What I mean is that you aren't going to progress so much as plummet. Instead of every day getting a little higher and higher on the leaderboard, you're going to hang around one spot for a long time until you've got enough gear and mod upgrades to break through the crust, then you'll rocket 10-20 places and hang out there until you can break that next crust. Herky-jerky instead of a consistent progress.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Working for you?

In PVP.

Any suggestions?

How can you deny the Stache? Get ****'s in there with Wedge! Lol. Seriously, though, the Wedge/****'s combo is awesome. Wish Wedge was available FTP.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Really? Biggs was autocorrected to have an apostrophe and then filtered. Lol
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I run Phasma lead, Rey, qgj, rg and Han. Does me well.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Phasma,Rey,QGJ,RG,Daka, Rank 1-10
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Really? Biggs was autocorrected to have an apostrophe and then filtered. Lol

Biggs is my backup plan when my shard get used to current setup heh

I'm evil like that
  • Options
    Big Palpi
    Vader
    Anakin
    ST Han
    Han Solo
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. What a unique team OP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    I run a 37.5k power team in a nov server in top50 regularly. So not too amazed ;)

i'm going to take a wild guess, droids?
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @leef 'Droids? There's an ointment for that now..

I'm running Capt. P - L, RG, Rey, Luminara, 5555's. I've made it to the 200's but got tired of 20 mins of nexting, for each battle. All are 80, g8, 6 to 7 *, all modded, about 70% Omega'd. lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef 'Droids? There's an ointment for that now..

I'm running Capt. P - L, RG, Rey, Luminara, 5555's. I've made it to the 200's but got tired of 20 mins of nexting, for each battle. All are 80, g8, 6 to 7 *, about 70% Omega'd. lol

I only mentioned droids because he has a low powerrating, but a high rank in a matured server. Top20 of my server (mid februari) has about 39k power on average, thats why i was amazed by a 36k team in a november server.
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Options
    i am in 20-50 regulary in dec server with 35k power and i run old ben, st han, leia, rey, qui gon :-) so,,,,it is possible..