Barris is terrible

Replies

• Options
    What OP is saying is:
    "Hey! I invested in a toon that turns out to be terrible! I dont want my investment wasted! Buff that toon!"
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    some of you are tripping on peyote buttons... who uses her in Arena?

sure, Barriss could use a buff but to say she's terrible and useless in GW is just foolhardy -- 24k+ hp and has bailed me out of many a pinch in GW (41k power currently). No one will debate that her offense is anemic... so... slap some ModRoids on her and quit inserting tampons.
  • Options
    There is no mod out there that can make her work. Even if you gave her a 100% offense boost (which doesn't exist ) she would at best hit for 6k
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I can't find any reason to use Barris ever. Back in the day she carried me through GW. Now I just load DPS toons with turn meter. The more damage dealers, the better.

Same in arena. You might occasionally see a Lumi due to her insanely powerful heal, ability block, and OK damage. Daka too, but mainly for stun, and Rez. One guy at the top of my shard uses Ewok Elder, but again for Rez, and turn meter boosting. Heal is just an afterthought.

Protection has mostly killed off healers. You may do OK with them on your arena team against **** AI that sprays damage, but your team defending with Barriss is effortlessly getting murdered when they defend. As a class they are dead weight unless they do multiple things. Barriss does only one thing, and is just OK at it.

Well said. Barris is useless and only a weak support character at best.
    This.. She's garbage.
    ShewardN wrote: »
    Barriss sucks and needs a buff. Why're you guys tryna hold back toons from being buffed lol? She's not an early character either and that's still a bad excuse for her being poor. She sucks at damage, she sucks at support, what reason should I use her for in arena? Hell I don't need her for gw either she just slows it down. John Salera said he wanted every toon to be able to be used in the game... or well someone told me that's what he said lmao. I want that too. Barris needs a stun, or a status effect, or another support move. She needs something, cause right now she sucks.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/barriss-offee/

She really isn't as awful as you're making her out to be. Yes, she's not a top tier character but she's still great if what you want from her is what she caters to.

-Her basic attack has a chance to heal allies for 6% of her health. If maxed out, that's 1,472 health regen per attack.
    -With 24,539 health, 244 armor and 21,148 protection, she's incredibly hard to kill and will stick around.
    -Her special will heal through heal immunities, and gives her defence up, making it even harder to remove her (also meaning when AI is using her, them trying to heal through healing immunities won't be a problem)
    -Her leader ability is half decent, especially when running a Jedi team. 20% more health and then healing per turn. If Barris is maxed out, that's 1963 health regen per turn.
    -Her unique has a chance to dispel negatives off each of her Jedi allies and then gain 9% TM per negative removed. That allows her to dispel negatives and then push out more moves, therefore pushing out more heals and more chances to dispel negatives.

Now, if you ask me, she's pretty awesome if that's the sort of stuff you're looking for. Yes, she doesn't hit hard, but she's not there for that.
    Lol, roflcopter.. See that's just the point no one is looking for that. Healing people's hp is almost meaningless now. Why keep Barriss on your team when my Rey can one shot your toons full hp bar. Barriss has NO support moves other than her heals. Why not give her a tenacity up buff like Rex? Why are people so against simple buffs? She's garbage plain and simple, no one farms a tough farm like Barriss just to have her sit there and be on the bench. Oh gee, she's good at gw! That's fun... It'll take you an extra 5 to 10 mins usin her though. She's not on ANYONES team in my top 30. Maybe even top 50.
    Bariss is a character focused fully on healing. If you don't need a healer or think healers aren't needed, that's not a problem with Bariss, that's a problem with the game's meta. People should know exactly what Bariss offers before investing in her. It would be silly to invest in her, and then complain she's too weak or that she's sitting away gathering dust. She does what she's meant to perfectly fine - which is pure healing and sticking around for a duration of the fight. As far as healing goes, she's a great healer. Is she good at anything else? Nope, she's dreadful. She's completely awful. But she's not meant to be good in those things. Originally she was and she was OP, and she got nerfed down to become a healer and a good healer she is. Only thing I could possibly imagine is a slightly quicker cooldown on her special.

I don't know how you run your GWs, but plenty of people struggle with them, and Bariss can help them out. Try to realise that she can be helpful to certain people who need healing and a survivable character for situations like GWs. Just because you don't have a need for her, doesn't mean others don't.

She's not in the top Arena teams due to healers not being used. As previously stated, it's not her, it's the meta that makes her redundant in Arenas. If healers ever become incredibly important again, Bariss would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the character isn't too good at this stage of the game due to the meta, but she still has her strengths and specific uses. I think it would just be best to leave her and let the meta shift around. She'll eventually come into play again when healers become important. The game do need to buff characters that underperform, but they also need to realise when a character isn't the problem. Certain characters are just plain weak and they need buffing, but characters like Bariss who does what she is meant to do perfectly fine, doesn't need buffing.
    There is no mod out there that can make her work. Even if you gave her a 100% offense boost (which doesn't exist ) she would at best hit for 6k
    This just shows how you really have no idea what Bariss offers. You want to focus on her strengths, which is her health pool. Mod her with health and then look for other stats that increases her survivability. She's not in the game to deal damage, she's in the game to heal and take blows.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »

sure, Barriss could use a buff but to say she's terrible and useless in GW is just foolhardy -- 24k+ hp and has bailed me out of many a pinch in GW (41k power currently). No one will debate that her offense is anemic... so... slap some ModRoids on her and quit inserting tampons.

Currently in the GW I'm getting any healer is worthless except Daka, and that's only for stunning. And I say that as somebody who probably finished at least 100 wars with Barris leading the whole way. Fast DPS with turn meter advantage to kill the fast DPS I'm facing before they take all my protection is all that works now for me. If a toon can't pull 12-20k crits they are a complete dead spot.

And any toon going into battle without nearly full protection is as good as dead. If they are down in the range of needing a healer, it means I screwed up horribly, and need to reset. My healers have all been benched.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, i don't have her leveled up, been spreading resources too thin as it is... for particularly daunting nodes i will use barriss and lumi on the same squad and that usually does the trick.
    dough wrote: »

Currently in the GW I'm getting any healer is worthless except Daka, and that's only for stunning. And I say that as somebody who probably finished at least 100 wars with Barris leading the whole way. Fast DPS with turn meter advantage to kill the fast DPS I'm facing before they take all my protection is all that works now for me. If a toon can't pull 12-20k crits they are a complete dead spot.

And any toon going into battle without nearly full protection is as good as dead. If they are down in the range of needing a healer, it means I screwed up horribly, and need to reset. My healers have all been benched.

• Options
    Barris heals through Healing Immunity. She has saved my bacon many times over.
    I turn a blind eye to the fact she's a traitor and a murderess.
  • Options
    I can't find any reason to use Barris ever. Back in the day she carried me through GW. Now I just load DPS toons with turn meter. The more damage dealers, the better.

Same in arena. You might occasionally see a Lumi due to her insanely powerful heal, ability block, and OK damage. Daka too, but mainly for stun, and Rez. One guy at the top of my shard uses Ewok Elder, but again for Rez, and turn meter boosting. Heal is just an afterthought.

Protection has mostly killed off healers. You may do OK with them on your arena team against **** AI that sprays damage, but your team defending with Barriss is effortlessly getting murdered when they defend. As a class they are dead weight unless they do multiple things. Barriss does only one thing, and is just OK at it.

This.. She's garbage.
    Barriss sucks and needs a buff. Why're you guys tryna hold back toons from being buffed lol? She's not an early character either and that's still a bad excuse for her being poor. She sucks at damage, she sucks at support, what reason should I use her for in arena? Hell I don't need her for gw either she just slows it down. John Salera said he wanted every toon to be able to be used in the game... or well someone told me that's what he said lmao. I want that too. Barris needs a stun, or a status effect, or another support move. She needs something, cause right now she sucks.

She really isn't as awful as you're making her out to be. Yes, she's not a top tier character but she's still great if what you want from her is what she caters to.

-Her basic attack has a chance to heal allies for 6% of her health. If maxed out, that's 1,472 health regen per attack.
    -With 24,539 health, 244 armor and 21,148 protection, she's incredibly hard to kill and will stick around.
    -Her special will heal through heal immunities, and gives her defence up, making it even harder to remove her (also meaning when AI is using her, them trying to heal through healing immunities won't be a problem)
    -Her leader ability is half decent, especially when running a Jedi team. 20% more health and then healing per turn. If Barris is maxed out, that's 1963 health regen per turn.
    -Her unique has a chance to dispel negatives off each of her Jedi allies and then gain 9% TM per negative removed. That allows her to dispel negatives and then push out more moves, therefore pushing out more heals and more chances to dispel negatives.

Now, if you ask me, she's pretty awesome if that's the sort of stuff you're looking for. Yes, she doesn't hit hard, but she's not there for that.
    Lol, roflcopter.. See that's just the point no one is looking for that. Healing people's hp is almost meaningless now. Why keep Barriss on your team when my Rey can one shot your toons full hp bar. Barriss has NO support moves other than her heals. Why not give her a tenacity up buff like Rex? Why are people so against simple buffs? She's garbage plain and simple, no one farms a tough farm like Barriss just to have her sit there and be on the bench. Oh gee, she's good at gw! That's fun... It'll take you an extra 5 to 10 mins usin her though. She's not on ANYONES team in my top 30. Maybe even top 50.
    Bariss is a character focused fully on healing. If you don't need a healer or think healers aren't needed, that's not a problem with Bariss, that's a problem with the game's meta. People should know exactly what Bariss offers before investing in her. It would be silly to invest in her, and then complain she's too weak or that she's sitting away gathering dust. She does what she's meant to perfectly fine - which is pure healing and sticking around for a duration of the fight. As far as healing goes, she's a great healer. Is she good at anything else? Nope, she's dreadful. She's completely awful. But she's not meant to be good in those things. Originally she was and she was OP, and she got nerfed down to become a healer and a good healer she is. Only thing I could possibly imagine is a slightly quicker cooldown on her special.

I don't know how you run your GWs, but plenty of people struggle with them, and Bariss can help them out. Try to realise that she can be helpful to certain people who need healing and a survivable character for situations like GWs. Just because you don't have a need for her, doesn't mean others don't.

She's not in the top Arena teams due to healers not being used. As previously stated, it's not her, it's the meta that makes her redundant in Arenas. If healers ever become incredibly important again, Bariss would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the character isn't too good at this stage of the game due to the meta, but she still has her strengths and specific uses. I think it would just be best to leave her and let the meta shift around. She'll eventually come into play again when healers become important. The game do need to buff characters that underperform, but they also need to realise when a character isn't the problem. Certain characters are just plain weak and they need buffing, but characters like Bariss who does what she is meant to do perfectly fine, doesn't need buffing.
    This just shows how you really have no idea what Bariss offers. You want to focus on her strengths, which is her health pool. Mod her with health and then look for other stats that increases her survivability. She's not in the game to deal damage, she's in the game to heal and take blows.
    ??? Barriss is not in top arena teams because she sucks. Not because healers do. I can make an amazing team with luminara and stay at the top of my server. I actually do use Daka in arena from time to time. Luminara has been severely underrated by a lot of people. Fact is, luminara and Daka both offer ALOT more than Barriss. Luminara provides good damage, ability block, Evasion up and can heal just as much. Meanwhile Daka stuns, revives, has a chance to auto revive, and is faster. Barriss is poo. Other healers are useable, Barriss is not. Why do you people argue that she is not poo? She needs a third move, one that supports the team in someway, buffing toons does not make them weaker, why in gods name are you people so opposed to it? Yeah sure, some few crazy individuals farm Barris because of her healing ability, that's not gonna change, she needs another move to help her compete, to say otherwise is just not right.
  • Options

This.. She's garbage.

??? Barriss is not in top arena teams because she sucks. Not because healers do. I can make an amazing team with luminara and stay at the top of my server. I actually do use Daka in arena from time to time. Luminara has been severely underrated by a lot of people. Fact is, luminara and Daka both offer ALOT more than Barriss. Luminara provides good damage, ability block, Evasion up and can heal just as much. Meanwhile Daka stuns, revives, has a chance to auto revive, and is faster. Barriss is poo. Other healers are useable, Barriss is not. Why do you people argue that she is not poo? She needs a third move, one that supports the team in someway, buffing toons does not make them weaker, why in gods name are you people so opposed to it? Yeah sure, some few crazy individuals farm Barris because of her healing ability, that's not gonna change, she needs another move to help her compete, to say otherwise is just not right.
    Daka is used more for her stuns and revives than healing. Lumi is used (not as much these days though) due to her being a solid attacker that can dish out good damage, with the extra ability to also heal. Barris is unlike them as she is only focused on healing. I don't disagree that she's weaker if looking at it from all angles, I just like how different characters focus on different aspects of the game, Barris being one of them and fully focusing on just healing, and she's not bad at that. It just sucks how a character fully focused on healing doesn't necessarily fit too well into the game due to how the game is, but plenty of people still find her useful (as we can see with the above posts). Buffing up her damage or giving her an extra ability takes that away from her. She's great at what she does, which is healing. If the game ever shifted to having the ability to heal being almost necessary for your team, Barris would be great, especially for defending. If something really needs to be done, I would recommend adding to her basic. Not only could it restore health, but it could also give a buff such as tenacity up.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options

This.. She's garbage.

Daka is used more for her stuns and revives than healing. Lumi is used (not as much these days though) due to her being a solid attacker that can dish out good damage, with the extra ability to also heal. Barris is unlike them as she is only focused on healing. I don't disagree that she's weaker if looking at it from all angles, I just like how different characters focus on different aspects of the game, Barris being one of them and fully focusing on just healing, and she's not bad at that. It just sucks how a character fully focused on healing doesn't necessarily fit too well into the game due to how the game is, but plenty of people still find her useful (as we can see with the above posts). Buffing up her damage or giving her an extra ability takes that away from her. She's great at what she does, which is healing. If the game ever shifted to having the ability to heal being almost necessary for your team, Barris would be great, especially for defending. If something really needs to be done, I would recommend adding to her basic. Not only could it restore health, but it could also give a buff such as tenacity up.

That's a pretty big if. Healing is part of the old story and has no place in the current meta.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Use mods to boost her offense. I use her with my arena team and have success. Plus she's very tanky and none of them hit that hard
  • Options
    Nobody uses Bariss in Arena. She isnt great at GW anymore and yes, makes it really slow. She could be better.

That being said, some testing needs to be done as tp how viable a tank team "5s,Bariss,Kit,SF,...or whatever" is. If its viable, then ill accept Bariss as is.
  • Options
    Theres also bugs with her, her healing dosent always override immunity like its supposed to
    The other bug is when she heals (seen this in daka a few times) she loses a chunck of health even if she still has prot bar

@Spyrogaming She doesn't heal through immunity. She equalizes health and then adds a 3k(ish) heal on top of it. If it's just Barris left and she has heal immunity applied you can't use her heal cause it will do nothing (she has no one to equalize health with and the 3kish heal wont heal through immunity). If it's her and two others and the other two are near dead but she has full health and protection, the other two will be brought up to around 70% health and she will be brought down to about 70% health, even though her protection is still full. If one of those two has healing immunity applied, it will heal that toon to around 70% health; however, unlike the other toon this one won't get the 3kish heal on top of the equalization.

Hope this makes sense.
  • Options
    I never unlocked her and I don't plan to.

I do fine in GW without her.

I target teams with her in it I arena.

Raids? Maybe good to get around Rancor's heal immunity debuff but aside from that, she does no damage and seems like she would just take up valuable DPS space.

Does her unique ever remove death mark? That might give her some value in P1...
  • Options
    Yeah she's pretty useless now. As the game develops they need to develop older characters. Bariss is a prime example of a useless character because of the way the game developed. Sidious is another (useful low level but towards higher levels and high arena is completely useless).
    like how can anyone expect a character who's complete focus is healing allies to still be useful after adding something like protection? It dilutes the usefulness of healers so much but since she's the quindicential healer she really gets hit hard.
    An automatic x% of protection given to all allies when she hits her basic plus her chance to heal would be something.
  • Options
    Why all this talk about Arena viability? No one cares about Arena anymore..
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    Not sure if my sarcasm meter is busted or you're serious. If you're serious lol then what game mode do you have the most fun on :o ? Arena is the only reason I farm any toons.. I don't even have Barriss. Cause she sucks, at everything.
  • Options
    Not sure if my sarcasm meter is busted or you're serious. If you're serious lol then what game mode do you have the most fun on :o ? Arena is the only reason I farm any toons.. I don't even have Barriss. Cause she sucks, at everything.

Lol I was gonna say the same thing. If youre not doing arena you dont have crystals for refreshes.

You're super slow at collecting gear, shards, and mods.
  • Options
    Baris rocks !!! she alone gets me though the G/W with a single team as leader and she is not G10 only G9.
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks Barris rocks is not at the level in the games where DPS means win or lose. Barriss definitely needs to be buffed in order to remain a legitimate character.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Reread your 2nd sentence. You just answered (and contradicted) your first.

There is a point in every player's game-life where Barris (and Sid, and Luminaria, etc) are helpful, useful and even necessary. Barris is not a "late game" contributor (at this point). So what? She was useful.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Defensive leads have been in need of a buff for a long time. Disregarding flat defense leads like chiewie for the moment...

I don't see any reason why you couldn't bring Barriss up around Palpatine's numbers. Changes in bold.

No One Left Behind
    Jedi allies gain 32% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, at the end of each of their turns, Jedi allies heal for 8% of Barriss Offee's Max Health and gain 16% turn meter, and other allies gain half that amount.

Swift Recovery
    At the end of each of her turns, Barriss has a 100% chance to Dispel one negative status effect from each Jedi ally and gain 20% Turn Meter for each effect removed.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Healers are useful in GW, but when Protection was added to the game their usefulness in Arena plummeted.
  • Options
    This was addressed in DEC 2015, a month after launch. At that time they sold an expensive Female heroes pack with Barris. After whinners, they destroyed the character (called Order 66 by forumers) and misrespected everyone that has trusted their money into the game.

She was destroyed by choice of the makers of the game, and never allowed her to be useful in any meaningfull way.

They did this on purpose and fully knowing. They even sent an "insulting" reward of 500 Crystals to thise that had bought her before the mega-nerf.

I am sharing this so you know how hundreds and hoards of players commented this same thing, how the makers asked for forgiveness, but hiw they decided it's best to be unfair and firm, than to do what's right.
  • Options

xD Nah, no sacasm.. It takes very minimal effort to stay in the top 200 or even 500 while still getting decent rewards. It doesn't help with my interest in arena working the 5 hours before payout time.
  • Options

This would be the obvious worst way to mod barris. Why would anyone want to put offense mods on a char who hits like a noodle?

Seriously, just buffing everyone's offense power in order to achieve balancing is the worst scenario.

I'm with you when it comes to balancing heroes, but not they way you propose it. Buff her support skills:

- increase here chance to heal on her basic attack
    - buff her heal by providing defense up to all allies or reduce the cooldown
    - increase chance to dispel on her unique and increase TM gain

Or give here something interesting like critical avoidance on her leader skill instead of health buff. Be more creative. Buffing barris to hit harder would be total waste as she will never compete for damage output, never ever, and this would render this kind of buff totally obsolete.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Basic: Heal all allies for 4% of Barris' health. Increase damage by 25%

Heal: Add defense up for all allies and health up for Jedi.

Leader: Jedi allies have +20% health, +20% tenacity and recover 10% of their max health when they use a basic attack. Bonus halved for non-jedi.

Unique: At the beginning of each turn, Barris dispell 1 random effect on all Jedi ally. She then gains bonuses based on the number dispelled:
    1 - Recover 5% of her health
    2 - Gains defense up for 1 turn
    3 - Gains a heal-on-time effect
    4 - Gains speed up for 2 turns
    5 - Gains tenacity up for 2 turns
  • Options
    Healers in any kind of game don't really hit hard. Just think about other rpg games and remember how much a healer hits
  • Options
    No one uses a healer to actually heal in Arena. They use them for something else. Lumi is mainly used because they dont have Obi that does those jobs better (ability block and evasion lead). People use Daka for stun and revive. People use EE for revive, Ewok synergy and maybe TM. Barriss doesnt do any of those things so she gets no arena love, but honestly neither do 30+ other toons. She can have a place on a GW team and maybe the meta will change and healers will make a comeback.

Lets be honest, Barriss in this iteration is a padawan Jedi and not a super impressive one at that. She never became a full Jedi. That she isnt an amazing attacker with tons of utility is unsurprising. No one uses Ahsoka in arena either. She is pretty decent at healing, mostly due to passives and use during healing immunity. Sure Lumi heals more and more often, but Barriss has utility with her heals, if you need it (mainly in GW) Actually, prior to mods, she was very nice to have when trying to 3* a LS mission. Having both her and Lumi with lead/borrow gave a lot of healing and HP pool. This is not needed as much since we have HP mods now.

I dont think she needs a buff. I also dont think many other chars need a buff. I just dont use them. At least she does have some place for some people's strat for GW. Some chars have no place in any team.
  • Options
    Barris was my MVP for GW, and you'll find many past posts from me extolling her virtues.

However, the GW changes, the introduction of protection, and finally the arrival of mods, mean she has been pretty much permanently benched on my squad.

Her healing, with of course the right mod setup, is amazing, but realistically as you climb up the power ladder and start facing at least 3 top "meta" teams, her usefulness and effectiveness diminishes.

I can't speak to her performance in Squad Arena as I don't use her there - nor do I see a use for her in raids. Heck, I think she even stayed on the bench for the Jedi mod challenges!!

I think she's got her uses in early to mid game, but by the time anyone has farmed her up to 7*, she's outgrown her usefulness. She was a great antidote when Darth Sidious was meta (remember that?) and his heal block would be a death knell.

As the game evolves, and new toons are introduced, it's only natural that the older ones will either (a) be mothballed, or (b) get re-worked to stay relevant. As Barriss wasn't really a fan-favourite or prominent character, I strongly suspect she'll just fade into obscurity; she has already faded well into mediocrity.