When is Tank raid coming?!

Is there any approximate time when they will release it? Trying to make sure my guild is ready but they haven't released much info

Replies

• DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Developer Update for July 29th states in the final bullet: "We’re still testing the Tank Takedown Raid and are aiming to have it launch in August."

If they're on track, they have approx. 1.5 weeks to get it going...
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    I'd bet on seeing it either Friday or Monday at the earliest. I'm sure we'll get an update soon enough, but perhaps it's wishful thinking to say it'll appear before the Palpatine event ends.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I'd bet on seeing it either Friday or Monday at the earliest. I'm sure we'll get an update soon enough, but perhaps it's wishful thinking to say it'll appear before the Palpatine event ends.

If he was designed to be key to the raid we will see it on Friday to push sales...haha.

If not I imagine shortly after its done...
  • Options
    I reckon it will drop straight after palp event ends
  • Options
    well they technically have a week in a half to push it out and as someone said maybe on a friday it will happen. But i have a hunch it will be right after the Palp event ends.
  • Options
    Thank you @DarthPhelps
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Soon.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    and are aiming to have it launch in August

"Aiming" doesn't mean they make it in time. Better they test it good before they throw out a buggy raid-type.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    It says they are pushing for a August release but that does not mean a gaurantee. If any bugs arose during final testing, they could push it back. And as for a palpatine being a key character for the raid, i doubt that. He has no bonuses against droids. Not to say he usnt a powerhouse, but his main use is multiple stuns. But if the nes raid runs like the rancor, the tank and the main battle droid will be imune to stuns. He might be usefull in the first phase against the droids called in for assistance but thats it. And with the mad scramble by people trying to get their rebels polished off for palpatine, i doubt we will see the new raid till next week.
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    and are aiming to have it launch in August

"Aiming" doesn't mean they make it in time. Better they test it good before they throw out a buggy raid-type.

I agree, and I'd hope that if they're not ready for the end-of-August release that they'd know it by now & just issue a little update to notify us. "Hey guys, looks like we may have to release it at the end of September actually..." or something like that. ;)

Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    I don't mind if they delay it to get it right

This. Same with new toons. Take the time to get it right. I'd rather see an awesome product mid Sept than one that needs to be patched right away.
  • Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    It says they are pushing for a August release but that does not mean a gaurantee. If any bugs arose during final testing, they could push it back. And as for a palpatine being a key character for the raid, i doubt that. He has no bonuses against droids. Not to say he usnt a powerhouse, but his main use is multiple stuns. But if the nes raid runs like the rancor, the tank and the main battle droid will be imune to stuns. He might be usefull in the first phase against the droids called in for assistance but thats it. And with the mad scramble by people trying to get their rebels polished off for palpatine, i doubt we will see the new raid till next week.

I think stuns are the new tm.
  • Options

(PUTS ON TINFOIL HAT)

See I personally think that the Palpatine event was a way for the devs to stop everyone from farming jawas and other anti Droid heavy toons and focus on other toons while they put the finishing touches on the tank raid. So when the Palpatine event is over they can release the tank raid and people won't be as prepared for it as they could have been. That way we have to spend time building up are anti Droid teams to smash it into the dirt. Just my thoughts.

(Decides to keep tinfoil hat on)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

(PUTS ON TINFOIL HAT)

See I personally think that the Palpatine event was a way for the devs to stop everyone from farming jawas and other anti Droid heavy toons and focus on other toons while they put the finishing touches on the tank raid. So when the Palpatine event is over they can release the tank raid and people won't be as prepared for it as they could have been. That way we have to spend time building up are anti Droid teams to smash it into the dirt. Just my thoughts.

(Decides to keep tinfoil hat on)

I don't wear a tinfoil hat but I believe that's what every event is, the goal of all of them is to break your focus and spread yourself thin trying to get them all..... but i'm not paranoid or anything.
  • TheDarthTaral
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's like a Star Wars version of Pokemon you gotta catch them all
  • Options
    If it is not released this week, and it seems unlikely that it will be, I hope we at least get some info in a community update this Friday.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    You'll know...
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107