Why would ya?

What's the point of having 2 of the same farmable characters in the cantina battles? When it's unlimited access all day long from one battle! I was really hoping for new dudes yet the first 2 I've seen at level 5 are Luke and Finn. That's a head scratcher

Replies

• Options
    A dev commented on this in another thread, the reason is on higher level nodes, ability mk 3 mats drop more frequently, so the 6C Kylo drops more ability mats than the 4C Kylo node, but the shard drop rate is the same.

I guess it was added so people could farm some desirable characters at a harder node whilst getting the maximum potential drop rate on ability mats.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You get slightly more credits and there's a slightly higher chance of tier 3 ability mats. You also get more droids.
    But yes, different characters would have been much better. I'm sure they deliberately wanted to not make too many characters easy to farm.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    They've answered this elsewhere. If you are just farming shards the drop rates are the same. However other materials like level 3 purple mats and training droids drop at a higher rate. So while you farm shards you will be getting significantly more resources for the amount of energy you invest.

Also note that you will get slightly more cantina tokens if you go with a higher amount so while you will get fewer shards through cantina energy over the long run you make up for that a bit with more shards via cantina shipments.
  • Options
    Hmm! Ok, Kinda makes some sense. They are the elusive!