Do the people at CG even grasp the point of percentages?

So I have had a few battles against teams with Daka this morning and in EVERY ONE she revived someone, in one battle she revived two characters. Yes, two. This wasn't her chant of resurrection ability but rather her passive unique ability. The one that they say has a 10% chance of happening.

I am so **** sick and tired of this ****. I have faced her well over a dozen times now over the last couple weeks and all but ONCE has she revived someone. ON SOMETHING THAT HAS A TEN PERCENT CHANCE.

Please don't give me any RNG, coincidence, or bad luck excuse **** either. It's clear evidence that the AI proc rate of certain things is incredibly boosted just like how MANY say here and the liars behind this game deny it. There is no way that something that supposedly has a 10% chance would happen over 90% of the time over a clearly big enough sample size. NO WAY. Odds and percentages don't work like that.

This garbage has never caused me to lose but it is still annoying none the less.

Replies

• Options
    It's a 10% chance per turn. If you let daka live for 5 turns you have around 50% chance at that point. Kill her first.
  • RazDextra
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had the same problem in a final battle in GW with Dakka. I did kill her first every time I went in and she ALWAYS self revived. 10% chance my ***. She also brought back any defeated ally EVERY time she healed.

I can accept a challenge, but this is impossible.
  • Options
    It's a 10% chance per turn. If you let daka live for 5 turns you have around 50% chance at that point. Kill her first.

That's not what the tooltip says:
    Serve Again – When another ally is defeated, Daka has a 10% chance to revive it with 30% Health and grant it Offense and Defense Up for 1 turn. In addition, revived character gains 20% Turn Meter.

Nothing there indicates it stacks.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It doesnt stack. 10% chance is 1 in 10. If you attack 10 times you are very likely to hit once. Could be 0, could be 3.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Happened to me aswell, killed tie pilot twice, he revived twice, she used her skill, he revived again, killed lumi, she revived aswell.
    4 revives in one match.
    It's been happening a lot after the patch, this is CG, they fix a bug and create 5 new ones.
  • Options
    Good..Daka needed some love
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

That's not what the tooltip says:
    Serve Again – When another ally is defeated, Daka has a 10% chance to revive it with 30% Health and grant it Offense and Defense Up for 1 turn. In addition, revived character gains 20% Turn Meter.

Nothing there indicates it stacks.

I've never seen her passive proc after the initial death of the character in other turns. I always happens immediately or never. That's just my experience with it
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I've never seen her passive proc after the initial death of the character in other turns. I always happens immediately or never. That's just my experience with it

Correct. Her passive will revive herself or other characters immediately after they die (note the tooltip says 'another ally' specficially yet she procs on herself so that's a bug or a bad tooltip). Her actual heal also has a revive function in it so she can bring back characters via her passive OR her heal if its available.

• Options
    RazDextra wrote: »
    I had the same problem in a final battle in GW with Dakka. I did kill her first every time I went in and she ALWAYS self revived. 10% chance my ***. She also brought back any defeated ally EVERY time she healed.

I can accept a challenge, but this is impossible.

Once she revives, she always revives (in GW). Unless you change team composition or order. I guess the reason for that isnthat otherwise, I'd just be "try as many times until enemy is unlucky" which can be exploited by people that use bots or any automation.
  • Options
    Once she revives, she always revives (in GW). Unless you change team composition or order. I guess the reason for that isnthat otherwise, I'd just be "try as many times until enemy is unlucky" which can be exploited by people that use bots or any automation.

And to get around that you just have to understand how they generate the seed that determines the string of results. The best way to change that seed is to change a single character in your squad even if that character isn't part of the sequence that originally led to Daka reviving.