Gear 9 frustrations

So I often read people posting their squads saying blah blah is g10 and blah is g9 nearly g10. And I'm just **** cos our guild has loads of lvl 80 players but all day every day people are asking for mk5 callers or fusion furnaces. The thing I cant get my head around is how so many people seem to have g9 g10 toons when the raid rewards are just pathetic as a whole. We average 4or 5 raids a week. What's the secret? Why are some maybe most of us taking forever to g9 toons compared to the rest of you?

Vader.. was the only toon I got to G9 withouth raid stuff... when I look now at my high lvl toons and consider how long it will be before 7 or 8 of them can get to g9 I get really depressed, cos at this rate it will be 6 months or more.

Replies

• Options
    What tier of raids are you doing? T7 is the only decent rewards.
  • Options
    you need to do heroics.
  • Options
    T5 and t6.. but surely its progressive. . You do enough 5s and 6s that you're ready for 7s. I dunno
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    you need to do heroics.

Do you have a full 50 players making the 600 per day?
    Also, I don't ask for anything I'm not willing to donate, as a rule. But you can't force that out of people. It takes a while, but you can do it. Those spending crystal on the Scanners, Furnaces, and others in shipments are getting ahead of those who don't.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    T5 and t6.. but surely its progressive. . You do enough 5s and 6s that you're ready for 7s. I dunno

It is but it's a little bit of a leap of faith. At some point you need to step up and commit. If you are doing 5 and 6, do just 6. The step to t7 is a big one and hard to judge but once you can make it you will never want to go back.

The raid reward at tier 7 is better for the guild as a whole. People were getting upset by everyone saying it's better to be bottom t7 then top t6. While not true if you are the one person at the top, for the guild it is absolutely better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    And just to add, at some point you need to judge the reward of the exchange system. I will go days without asking for something because I don't want to give up my 40 furnaces or other raid only gear. I may donate what I can but if I don't ask I don't feel bad not giving. The guild agrees this is a fair way to do it so we all take breaks when we are close to finishing something.
  • Options
    Majority are pulling 600 a day - 25% i guess don't. Tier 7 raids are beyond us right noe. Only a few could cut it. The thing is. . If I left the guild and joined guys doing t7 raids constantly - wouldn't it be better I finsish top3 in my current guild at t6 than join another doing t7 and finsish 35th.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    It depends. As pointed out earlier a lot of people say better to get bottom t7 than top t6. But if you're still doing some t5 every now and again it's definitely better to do constant t7. Plus, the drop rate for raid gear is much better in t7. As is the drop rate for fully crafted gear. Another thing to take into consideration is if you jump into a guild that's been doing t7 raids for a while they will have better gear and toons. You'll more than likely be at the bottom. Just some things to think about.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Majority are pulling 600 a day - 25% i guess don't. Tier 7 raids are beyond us right noe. Only a few could cut it. The thing is. . If I left the guild and joined guys doing t7 raids constantly - wouldn't it be better I finsish top3 in my current guild at t6 than join another doing t7 and finsish 35th.

You are already feeling the issues of this mentality. I left a guild sitting top 2 when t5 was the thing. Started bottom 30 in t6 and weeks later bottom 40 t7. I now rank 16 in t7 because we all solo p1 and into p2.

Trust me it's quicker to be bottom 30 t7.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You are already feeling the issues of this mentality. I left a guild sitting top 2 when t5 was the thing. Started bottom 30 in t6 and weeks later bottom 40 t7. I now rank 16 in t7 because we all solo p1 and into p2.

Trust me it's quicker to be bottom 30 t7.

I agree with this opinion. Better to swim with the big fish in the big pond, than being the biggest fish in a small pond.

One intangible benefit is the learning that you can get from the interaction with the better players.
    And of course, the rewards for bottom t7 rankings are better than mid t6 rankings.
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the feedback guys! So suggest to the guild T7 is the way to go :)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok thanks for the feedback guys! So suggest to the guild T7 is the way to go :)

Absolutely. The best rewards are within reach, why not try to grab some. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    T7 all the way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Salty01 wrote: »
    T7 all the way.

Yep ^^this
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I just finished in the bottom reward bracket and snagged a Scanner. Heroic is that good.
  • Options
    I finished 31th yesterday and got a (gaps) full fusion furnace, some callers and other stuff...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yep - in T6, getting full raid gear is like winning the lottery. In T7, gear drops like candy from a pinata - no matter where in the standings you finish.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We were a T5, then T6 guild struggling with "when to pull that trigger" on Heroic. Then we took the plunge. We didn't finish the first but some Internet friendlies helped us out. After that, no problem. Now we can finish in a matter of hours if we zerg it. Hardest part is giving everyone in our guild a turn before rancor dies. But the fact remains that T7 raid g advanced our guild significantly from where we were. 1/2 the guild now could probably solo T6 now. Never looked back.
  • Options
    Yeah, Tier 7 raid is the way to go to progress with gearing up players. Our guild has been doing Tier 7 raids for about a month and a half now and the gear rewards are way better.

Last raid I finished 7th and got a full MK 5 Furnace! Got my Lando to gear 9. Gearing him to 10 is not going to take that long.

Tier 7 raids is what is helping me to get through the Gear 9 crunch.