What are your top 5 Star Wars games???

Prev1
Boo
4134 posts Member
edited August 2016
There have been many over the years.

I have to say that mine are (not in any particular order, however I tried to list a variety of different styles of gameplay in my choices):

* Knights of the Old Republic
* The Force Unleashed
* Rogue Leader
* Battlefront II
* Empire at War (with expansion - Forces of Corruption)

I have to say another game I really enjoyed was Revenge of the Sith - purely for the 2 player verses matches.

If they made a game like that (purely verses - force weilding toons only) it would be amazing with interactive (with environment) stages (like the red gates that interrupted Qui-Gon and Maul's battles), throwable objects (like Vader vs. Luke on Bespin) and also the option to have 2 on 2 or 2 on 1 battles - like Obi Wan and Qui-Gon v. Maul (the better player could be Maul).

This would make an awesome game - especially if they released lots of playable characters. The ROTS verses lacked characters significantly, such as Qui-Gon, Yoda, Luke, Sidious, Kylo Ren, Rey etc. - this would be fantastic - especially with online arena rankings like this game.

There's an idea for you EA, lol

Replies

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    1. Kotor
    2. Battlefront II
    3. Sins of a Solar Empire: SW Rebellion Mod
    4. Jedi Knight II
    5. Mount & Blade - Star Wars Conquest mod
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Double Post sry
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Phantom Menace, Star Wars Galaxies mmo, SWTOR mmo, SWGOH
  • Options
    Tie Fighter
  • Options
    1. Bounty Hunter
    2. Shadows of the Empire
    3. Republic Commando
    4. Rogue Squadren II
    5. Obi-wan
  • Options
    KOTOR II
    Jedi Academy
    KOTOR I
    SWTOR
    LEGO Star Wars
  • Options
    Aside from SWGOH and in no particular order...

- Tie Fighter (the original flight sim from the 90's)
    - Dark Forces 1 and 2 (the Kyle Katarn games)
    - Jedi Knight 2
    - Empire at War
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. Kotor
    2. Jk2: jedi outcast
    3. Kotor 2
    4. Rogue squadron
    5. Dark forces

(My choices make me feel old, but I do want to find dark forces and play it again)
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    1. Kotor
    2. Jk2: jedi outcast
    3. Kotor 2
    4. Rogue squadron
    5. Dark forces

(My choices make me feel old, but I do want to find dark forces and play it again)

After starting off with Doom, Dark Force (at the time) blew my mind.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    GoH (lol)
    Kotor
    Tie Fighter
    Jedi Power Battles
    Kotor 2
  • KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. Tie Figher
    2. Jedi Knight - Dark Forces series (although Jedi Outcast was my favourite - hence forum name and IGN!)
    3. KOTOR
    4. Phantom Menace (remember having this on PSOne, was awesome, or at least I remember it as awesome!)
    5. Lego Star Wars (because I've had some enormous laughs with this)

@Snake2 - They are on Steam mate, really low spec required. I have them on my laptop (it's not a gaming laptop just a general thing I use for Netflix) and it runs fine.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    GoH (lol)
    Kotor
    Tie Fighter
    Jedi Power Battles
    Kotor 2

I remember Jedi Power Battles! fantastic game, I had it on the Play Station. Best 2 player co-op star wars game ever. I was always QGJ and my brother was Obi Wan. One time we glitched the game at the end and fought 2 Darth Mauls, lol I believe we got it on camcorder, lol

Now that sounds old

But also remember Return of the Jedi on the Commadore 64 - now that is old!! lol
  • Options
    My personal order-

5) Rebel Assault 2 - Impossible Tie training level and flying a YT-1300 through a tiny cave a la Rey-through-a-star-destroyer style but 20 years earlier...plus a better plot than any of the prequels.... makes you wonder since cloaking devices are canon in SW (mentioned in Empire, plus Maul's ship had one) then why does no faction ever use one to their advantage??

4) Dark Forces - best Doom clone out there, grandfather of every current SW action game

3) X-Wing - prolonged survivability from ship shields made for more entertaining missions for me, compared to playing TIE fighter.

2) Galactic Battlegrounds - awesome game, and a customizable system where you could create your own maps from scratch, program your own enemies, and then have your friends play your own 100% personal-made campaign mode! Also, very cathartic destroying Gungan teams.

1) Star Wars: Customizable Card Game. (SW:CCG) - Hey, thread never specified video games! Made with zero consideration for new players, every expansion added new rules until there were over 12 different rule expansions to know. Highly entertaining for everyone who played it from its origins. Impossible to learn otherwise.

Honorable mention: Yoda Stories. Funny, off-beat, refreshing, puzzle-solving original content, something like 20 separate plots centered around Luke training with Yoda.
  • Options
    Kotor
    Kotor 2
    Xwing
    Tie Fighter
    Swtor
  • Options
    In no particular order.

TIE Fighter
    Force Unleashed
    Super Star Wars (SNES)
    Bounty Hunter
    Shadows of the Empire
  • Options
    Star wars galaxies none other has compared.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    floatbob wrote: »

Seriously??
  • Options
    Was anybody here around for Empire Strikes Back on the Atari 7200??? How old am I? LOL!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm old, lol

I remember the original star wars games on the Commadore 64 - all it was were coloured lines - when loading the game actually worked, lol
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Yep! I'm old, lol

I remember the original star wars games on the Commadore 64 - all it was were coloured lines - when loading the game actually worked, lol

Okay, so I vaguely remember Star Wars games for the Commodore but don't really recall what they entailed.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Me neither - just bad, bad graphics (if you can call them that) and flashing with more lines when a ship blows up (good job I'm not epileptic).

It was impossible!! I actually beat Return of the Jedi - its graphics were way better, but still bad
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Me neither - just bad, bad graphics (if you can call them that) and flashing with more lines when a ship blows up (good job I'm not epileptic).

It was impossible!! I actually beat Return of the Jedi - its graphics were way better, but still bad

Haha. For the Commordore I actually played Dungeons & Dragons games more than anything because they were so involved.
  • Options
    They can remake Dark Forces and Jedi Knight those were my first FPS games plus doom hieratic and Wolfstein 3D
  • Options
    1. Star Wars Galaxies
    2. Star Wars Galaxies
    3. Star Wars Galaxies
    4. Kotor
    5. Kotor 2
    This guy knows his games. It's not the same but the emu servers are still up and bring back great memories.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    1 - KOTOR / PC

2 - Lego Star Wars III / PS3

3 - Rogue Leader / GC

4 - Jedi Knight II / GC

5 - Episode III (this game **** actually, but once beaten you unlocked a multiplayer fighting game that my friends and I spent hours dueling it out in college) / Ps2
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    Absolutely have to go with KOTOR for numero uno, hands down the best story telling in a Star Wars game and one of the best overall too. I liked JKII and JKIII (JA) so they are on my list. Naturally this one (GoH) is there too for the fun factor. I also liked Battlefront II so that makes my top five. I heard good things about Dark Forces and Rogue Leader but never played them.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Dantefire wrote: »
    1 - KOTOR / PC

2 - Lego Star Wars III / PS3

3 - Rogue Leader / GC

4 - Jedi Knight II / GC

5 - Episode III (this game **** actually, but once beaten you unlocked a multiplayer fighting game that my friends and I spent hours dueling it out in college) / Ps2

I know right? the multiplayer was fantastic! Best star wars related versus game ever - they should have brought out a complete game just on this and expanded the character selection and stages - would have been amazing!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Absolutely have to go with KOTOR for numero uno, hands down the best story telling in a Star Wars game and one of the best overall too. I liked JKII and JKIII (JA) so they are on my list. Naturally this one (GoH) is there too for the fun factor. I also liked Battlefront II so that makes my top five. I heard good things about Dark Forces and Rogue Leader but never played them.

Rogue leader was awesome - I think the flying and graphics even hold up to Battlefront on the Xbox one - and this was a game back on the Game Cube!!! - purely awesome!
  • Options
    1. Star Wars Galaxies
    2. Star Wars Galaxies
    3. Star Wars Galaxies
    4. Kotor
    5. Kotor 2
    This guy knows his games. It's not the same but the emu servers are still up and bring back great memories.

Tried the emu for a few months. However, its being coded after patch 9 (village unlock). Oh how I miss that time lol. Still watch mc Chris fetts vette from time to time to retain the memories.
    I sold resources and had a huge field of static harvesters just to sustain the amount of armor and weapon collecting I did there. Everything from R.I.S. armor to the ewok crossbow.

I haven't been on the emu for a few years now though. I'm sure its just as fun.