Credit Heist rewards increased and a new scoundrel event coming!

Prev1
Zooey
1607 posts Member
edited August 2016
Making this thread for anyone who didn't read the Reddit posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4zjfzn/events_and_timezones/

Replies

• Options
    It seems like the new scoundrel event will probably replace the training droid hunt, don't you think? (I hope I'm wrong)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    There was an announcement /comment a while back that an event similar to credit heist would replace TD hunt.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    There was an announcement /comment a while back that an event similar to credit heist would replace TD hunt. I highly doubt it will be scoundrels again. It will be most likely some other faction is needed to complete it.

It's going to be scoundrels. Cap wrote "Jesse will have [info on the new event] for you all when its time. EDIT: Not a Nightsister event. Uses Scoundrels!"
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    There was an announcement /comment a while back that an event similar to credit heist would replace TD hunt. I highly doubt it will be scoundrels again. It will be most likely some other faction is needed to complete it.

It's going to be scoundrels. Cap wrote "Jesse will have [info on the new event] for you all when its time. EDIT: Not a Nightsister event. Uses Scoundrels!"

Thanks didn't read all the comments.
  • Options
    Just read the thread.

I thought something was off yesterday that it let me do the credit heist twice. I was kickin myself thinking that I missed this all the other times, but I guess it was just yesterday that allowed that.
  • Options
    Great info! :smiley:

Good thing im focused on Scoundrels
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    lando gets another event to dominate in haha. That guy single handedly won 3 events for me, 4 if that training droid event with scoundrels gets introduced.
    open-uri20150608-27674-v41y4v_9cb36d68.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C800%2C341
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for hooking us up @Zooey. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards increase? I did not see it in the comments.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    "However, we're raising the rewards!"
    Short sentence to be sure.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Short...but very important. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My hopes - New Tier with 500k credits each time, extra 1m each event.

My worst fears - New Tier with new character shards as a reward, making it a very long time until they're useful (Either a new Chewbacca or Bossk)
  • Options
    The dev in reddit post mentioned being able to '' exploit timezone shenanigans to do the event twice"... Was that only yesterday event or all previous ones? Yesterday was only one I ever saw be able to complete twice.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    The dev in reddit post mentioned being able to '' exploit timezone shenanigans to do the event twice"... Was that only yesterday event or all previous ones? Yesterday was only one I ever saw be able to complete twice.

yeah he meant that but its not the users fault they did not release it at 7am local time yesterday
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    So i guess in the future we get 160K on tier 1 and 360K on tier 2 run :p

Hopefully I'm wrong, but every time in the past they told us we get greater rewards, it has been insignificant raise and something came along requiring more than we got from the raise

I'm not complaining, but I'm not wahooing either

And something in me can't wait for what news Jesse is coming with
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    So i guess in the future we get 160K on tier 1 and 360K on tier 2 run :p

Hopefully I'm wrong, but every time in the past they told us we get greater rewards, it has been insignificant raise and something came along requiring more than we got from the raise

I'm not complaining, but I'm not wahooing either

And something in me can't wait for what news Jesse is coming with

Hopefully there will be news on the new raid. That's what I'm itching for.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Must be fun to be in charge of the updates. It's like you're wrapping the biggest Christmas present ever and everyone is super excited to open it haha.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a scoundrel event that releases a special toon, similar to Emperor's Demise or the Yoda event.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a scoundrel event that releases a special toon, similar to Emperor's Demise or the Yoda event.

This
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm assuming that the "sister" event is going to be training droids, but i don't understand why it would also use scoundrels? The credit heist event fits with scoundrels and their greed, but training droids would fit jedi or military factions, like Empire, FO, etc. I guess I'm just curious as to why they only keep using the same factions for numerous events? Switch it up a bit, and let us use other toons like nightsisters, ewoks, tuskens, jawas, etc.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't mind an event (a la Empires Demise) where you could get a Scoundrel character.

Maybe Hasse KvinnaBOSSKe?
    kb79.jpg
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad I maxed out Lando as early as I did. If only I put the same attention on leia instead of nebit I probably would've been able to finish the empire event :P. But I like the level of communication they're showing on reddit, it's a breath of fresh air.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    I'm glad I maxed out Lando as early as I did. If only I put the same attention on leia instead of nebit I probably would've been able to finish the empire event :P. But I like the level of communication they're showing on reddit, it's a breath of fresh air.

Their general game direction seems to have changed significantly since the modpocalypse. Devs are communicating more (on Reddit at least), multiple updates favoring players have been released, and they're even starting to buff toons like Mace & Kit. Good progress overall.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

This

Jango Fett???? :smiley:

• Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the "sister" event is going to be training droids, but i don't understand why it would also use scoundrels? The credit heist event fits with scoundrels and their greed, but training droids would fit jedi or military factions, like Empire, FO, etc. I guess I'm just curious as to why they only keep using the same factions for numerous events? Switch it up a bit, and let us use other toons like nightsisters, ewoks, tuskens, jawas, etc.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    MrJx3 wrote: »

Their general game direction seems to have changed significantly since the modpocalypse. Devs are communicating more (on Reddit at least), multiple updates favoring players have been released, and they're even starting to buff toons like Mace & Kit. Good progress overall.
    Too true. The devs have been killing it lately. There are always a few people who are never happy, but the attitude on the forum has changed dramatically. When they do good work, add some cool events, fix bugs, balance bad toons, make a few player friendly changes, and tell us what's happening ahead of time, then all of the sudden the toxic cloud over the forum clears. Who could have guessed? Looking forward to seeing what this "sister event" is.
  • Options
    Ooh! How about those valuable ability mats!! I'd actually pay for refreshes purple and maybe gold. Please!
  • Options
    These updates keep being pleasant surprises. I'm not even sure what to do with myself. P.S.- don't point too many forum members toward Reddit. The vitriol will chase the devs away
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when they raised the rewards for the original creidt event (it actually dropped per energy).

Or when they improved GW credit rewards?

My expectations are very very very low.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Keaven wrote: »
    Remember when they raised the rewards for the original creidt event (it actually dropped per energy).

Or when they improved GW credit rewards?

My expectations are very very very low.

Free country, free game. You can probably come up to at LEAST very low. :)