what do you use your crystals on ?

hey all.

just curious. was gonna buy myself the 2800 crystal pack on payday tomorrow. what is the best use of these crystals ? is it best to save them for materials or go for the chromium pack ? or use them to buy credits.

I realise we all have different goals so that might skew decisions so rather than what would I do with this I'm asking what would you do with 2800 crystals ?

thanks for any input

Replies

• Options
    Refreshes. I never get anything but refreshes. I saved up a few and bought raid gear twice. It gave me a good boost early on. But now that I can solo a T7P1 no reason to do that again. Back to refreshes.
  • Options
    Energy refreshes, mostly. With 2800 crystals, I might buy a gear or two from shipments. And then there are days like today when I needed 2 Clone Sergeant shards to promote him and they showed up in shipments, so I bought them.
    If you're only buying 2800 crystals, don't bother with chromium. Go chromium only if you're planning to buy like 100k crystals.
  • Options
    Refreshes for me too. Nothing but refreshes.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i used to buy raid gear, but these days i'm doing mildly better in raids, so i have at the moment, almost completed 3 furnace, 2 droid caller and 2 scanners. Note of course that's really only enough to max 2 characters long term ( by long term i mean about 2 weeks from now by my estimate)

so now i actually save up crystals JUST to buy things like stun cuffs. the way I see it. drop rate on purple seems to be about 15% for me. so 1 of 7 or 8 if i'm being generous. 50 stun cuffs would be about 350 to 400 attempts. I'll call it 375 attempts for ONE stun cuff. pretty sure lowest energy for these is 10, so that's 3,750 energy on ONE piece of equipment....

usually daily i refresh normal energy at most 2x. plus natural time passage is maybe another 240? (sorry my math is off but just estimating) so daily total energy would be say 480? so 3750/480 = about 8 days.

of course in the course of a week some days we're forced to do hard modes, so realistically it's probably closer to 10 days. plus if all i did all week was for the same pieces of equipment i'd go bonkers, so it's probably closer to 14 days or 2 weeks.

so is 1400 crystals worth about 2 weeks of time? I say absolutely.

• Options
    Everything, buying more Lightings, getting Mods, 5 more challenges in the Squade Arena. I spend money on the game though, it's my entertainment dollar. I don't have Playstation.
  • Options
    nice thanks for this input guys. really interesting. I think I have been using my crystals totally wrong. !!!!
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I honestly blow my crystals on stoopid stuff. Mod shipment refreshing, or mod challenges which are a rip off 90 percent of the time I do them

If I were buying 2,800 crystals here's what I'd do.

- Spend them mostly on cantina refreshes, and energy refreshes. Two of each, every day. Which is 300 crystals.
    - I'd check mod shipments every now and then to see if there is a + speed secondary mod in there.
    - I would spend on raid gear if I see an item one of my toons need. Or the 300 crystal purple gear item required for a furnace.

Here's what NOT to do when you only have a small amount of crystals.
    - refresh any shipments
    - buy chromiums, aurodiums any packs
    - refresh past 200 for cantina or 100 for regular energy(huge crystal drain, just have patience!)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I honestly blow my crystals on stoopid stuff. Mod shipment refreshing, or mod challenges which are a rip off 90 percent of the time I do them

If I were buying 2,800 crystals here's what I'd do.

- Spend them mostly on cantina refreshes, and energy refreshes. Two of each, every day. Which is 300 crystals.
    - I'd check mod shipments every now and then to see if there is a + speed secondary mod in there.
    - I would spend on raid gear if I see an item one of my toons need. Or the 300 crystal purple gear item required for a furnace.

Here's what NOT to do when you only have a small amount of crystals.
    - refresh any shipments
    - buy chromiums, aurodiums any packs
    - refresh past 200 for cantina or 100 for regular energy(huge crystal drain, just have patience!)

These are good (though mod shipments are pretty spendy when you only got an extra 2800).

If this is like you're once a year thing, I'd add stick to refreshes and try to leave 1400 on hand if you ever see a piece of Raid gear you need for one of your main heroes in shipments. It's all about focus. Try to stick to getting the stuff you need fore one hero at a time. Crystals apply, try to get stuff going for you best hero(s).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Use the crystals to build up your arena team. The higher ranking you can achieve, the more daily crystals you will receive. Spend it on gear for your arena team and focus farming on the other gear pieces you need for those characters.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Mods When a good one comes around I will buy it.
    2 sometimes 3 regular energy refreshs a day.
  • Options
    The raid gear in shipments. To me it seems like the biggest shortcut in the game if you're spending money.

I got a $50 gift card for my birthday from the wife and bought several pieces I needed to upgrade my top row.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    My daily routine consists of: 2x 50 PvE refreshes, 2x 100 Cantina refreshes and occasionally I buy some well needed gear (Galactic Raid Pack, direct buying of Raid gear, etc.). Oh and if needed, I also buy 1 refresh for Squad Arena just to finish top 5 at least.
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    1 cantina refresh a day and save the rest for raid gear since my guild is stuck on t5