Why do people say keycard battles suck?

Prev1
I just unlocked them today and it seems like they give out very good rewards. Lot of credits and high level training droids.

Replies

• Options
    The complaints are about how much energy it costs.
  • Options
    Because they cost a very high amount of energy and the rewards aren't much better compared to the daily credit / training remote missions you get a couple times a week for free.

That being said - if you really need remotes or credits, they are useful.
  • Options
    It costs 50 energy for near same amount of training you get doing levels with chance at shards & gear.
  • Options
    I was just disapointed as i thought it would be another cool game mechanic like GW.
  • Options
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you get xp for the energy used to do keycard battles. So each time you do one you are losing 50xp that could have been gotten by doing missions.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I though it wouldnt cost i though it just be a 1 time entry for the day but to cost 50 energy?? Thats outrageous i would only be able to do it 2 times a day without using crystals. The payout isnt worth it... it just better to farm gear and shards for 50 energy rather then to get a few cash and xp
  • Options
    I am not going to spend 50 energy on it at all.
  • Options
    1. It costs 50 energy
    2. You get no experience
    3. The rewards aren't even very good.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Very high energy cost vs little relative payout, and the 50 energy does not apply to increasing team lvl.

Having said that, even one training droid completion yields much more than the 5* droids you can buy for 60 crystals in the shipment. Instead of spending 60 crystals for seven T5's, you can buy 120 energy for 50 crystals, do the keycard battle 3x and have 5x the droids. If you were going to buy the droids in the shipment, you can look at it like you wouldn't have received points for energy expenditure that way, so not getting it in the keycard battle is moot.

The credit battle isn't even worth it, maybe $100k per battle. Only do it if you're really desperate.

Instead of getti g droids we should just be able to choose 1 toon and give him the xp so we dont have to waste 100k in using the droids. That would make it alittle better
  • Options
    Of course, they don't offer mats in the challenge which would make it better. I've never even used it once, totally useless addition for me...
  • Options
    I think they're great. I save up full energy then spend 50 shards to add another 120 energy. So for 50 crystals and 200 energy I end up with about 400,000. No complaints from me.
  • Options
    Maybe the teir two keycard battles at level 65 will be worth it. I doubt it though.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    1. It costs 50 energy
    2. You get no experience
    3. The rewards aren't even very good.
    This
  • Options
    well, ive been farming xp keycard for past 2 days. I use refresh of energy twice for 50 crystals. I get to run in on average of 7-8 times total. I used droids to upgrade characters to level 60 2 to level 58 and last one to level 43. I am now sitting comfortably on 11 level 60 characters. Sure it take away a bit of experience from me, but I need the characters for GW. Plus the more I have at max the more versatile my team can be.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    I played a lot and reached L52 in less than three weeks playing, just to notice that the last mode of the game I hadn't tried, costs 50 energy, and the rewards aren't worth it. I haven't played it not even once. :')
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Very high energy cost vs little relative payout, and the 50 energy does not apply to increasing team lvl.

Having said that, even one training droid completion yields much more than the 5* droids you can buy for 60 crystals in the shipment. Instead of spending 60 crystals for seven T5's, you can buy 120 energy for 50 crystals, do the keycard battle 3x and have 5x the droids. If you were going to buy the droids in the shipment, you can look at it like you wouldn't have received points for energy expenditure that way, so not getting it in the keycard battle is moot.

The credit battle isn't even worth it, maybe $100k per battle. Only do it if you're really desperate.

I guess this makes sense, but I still use the crystals on very limited refreshes to farm gear or shards, no energy left to do the key card battles. I pay the 60 from time to time to get the training droids in the shipments though.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Harmson wrote: »
    well, ive been farming xp keycard for past 2 days. I use refresh of energy twice for 50 crystals. I get to run in on average of 7-8 times total. I used droids to upgrade characters to level 60 2 to level 58 and last one to level 43. I am now sitting comfortably on 11 level 60 characters. Sure it take away a bit of experience from me, but I need the characters for GW. Plus the more I have at max the more versatile my team can be.

Yup it's perfect for getting players up to max fast. I'll spend 300 crystal play play 12× once a week. I have 12 players at 61. 8 more 55+
  • Options
    Yeah so I was trying to save up a few keycards and noticed they disappear automatically so it would seem they only allow 1 a day. Anybody else having the same issue?
  • Options
    So, in retrospect, its marginally better to level heros, but you have to sacrifice mat generation...kind of a "win/lose" situation.
  • Options
    Hey the first two are great to unlock the achievements. After that though, meh.
  • Options
    You don't even have to play them to get the achievements. :) I know I didn't! And luckily it wasn't necessary, I wasn't filling to happy about wasting 100 energy there.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Yeah you don't need to complete them for the achievements. You just need to use the key.
  • Options
    Umm, some of you giving priority to training over character shards and gear, stars and gear give higher benefits. The higher stars you reach, the more shards you'll need. And at higher levels, playing for characters shards will suck more as the alternative gears that you get will be useless.

If you are making training a priority for GW, I'd like to point out that eventually your enemies are going to be around your level, but their gear are stars will be far ahead making them far more powerful. My advice, start grinding now. When you really need the money, I'm talking 60 lvl, 7 stars promotion, then key cards may be an option. Me, I bought the cash cards on those occasions.
  • Options
    They do suck, it takes away the energy to help build up your character!
  • Options
    They're only good in a pinch.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    For me the credit key battle is useless.
    But the trading droid has been beneficial, if done right.
    When about to level up make sure you have full energy. Use 50 energy twice, then via cantina battles and/or daily challenges get to next level. You will be given 100 energy, that's 2 more key battles. Use 50 crystals for another 100 energy, that's 2 more key battles. Then buy the time your hour is up you will get enough energy the natural way.

This gives you 7 trips to driod key battle and that will help those of us with no driods and more money than we know what to do with.

And yes an ability mat key battle would be amazing.
  • Options
    I turned in the keys once for the achievements.

Absolutely horrible risk/cost/reward structure. I mean... someone totally just phoned this thing in.

It is SO bad. Not sure why it has not been adjusted.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tried it, it was ok, leveled my Sid, Lumi and Tie fighter dude up to 52 for 50 energy points, now time for bed and that 50 energy spent will be back by morning :#
  • Options
    Considering they are getting rid of it in the next big update it must not have any value.
  • Options
    MrTimmah wrote: »
    Considering they are getting rid of it in the next big update it must not have any value.

Source? Or at least where I could look and go see this?