The low dropping rate has got worse very recently (edited again)

Prev134
3Edward9
486 posts Member
edited September 2016
I assume that the dev must have found out that we have figured out a way to max our dropping rates and they must have done something.

The cantina has become the best place to farm characters since the refresh energy was reduced to 100 and I got Lando from 5* to 20+ shards to 7* in less than two weeks with merely 200 crystals spent everyday.

Today, I got no shards from cantina and no gear pieces from battles after more than a dozen sims. And it actually caught my attention since yesterday.

Good work! Dev, you got us.

Edit:

BTW, I created this thread a week ago to address the situation at that time when almost everyone had a bad luck with sims.

People don't complain because they just feel bad, they complain because their experience makes them feel bad, bad experience is more than just feelings.

Moreover, I didn't bring this thread up after I wrote it, many other people have been replying with their experience and bringing this up even after a week.

Just because you are doing good doesn't mean everybody else is too.

Edit again:

Besides, the triangle mod dropping rate is ridiculously low. There is a guy somewhere under this thread shows us he can't even get a single triangle mod with 40 sims.

Also, another guy from my latest thread replied that he only got 2 dozen triangles in his stock over 600 mods, which suggests the chance is around 0.03.

Since my triangle mod thread was deleted, the above summary is good enough. Open your eyes and don't be fooled by the water army.
Post edited by 3Edward9 on

Replies

• Options
    And they would get away with it if not for these darn kids! Jinkies!
  • Options
    2/20 shards of Lando. I could only say " well done! Dev"
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer to have fewer droppings
  • Options
    40 Sims only 2 shards.
  • Options
    TIL Random Number Generator is random.
  • Options
    Lol at people measuring by energy spent. Drop rate has been consistent since release and is consistent with other toon collection games in the industry. You kids must have skipped the math classes where they taught you how probability works.
  • Options
    It works best to use small number of sims every time
  • Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    It works best to use small number of sims every time

It doesnt, thats all in your head.
  • Options
    Never sim. In two weeks I never got more than 5/day. One refresh plus normal rate. I usually get close to 10 or more a day.
  • Options
    Same here none today!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just when I think that, today I was 6/7 for stun cuff salvage off an easy node. So, I dunno, it just truly never works when you need it to. Sometimes you get extra lucky, but the overall drop rate has 'sounded' from others like it's around 33%, THAT'S a guess.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Drop rates are consistent over a period of time. Don't expect to see them consistent day-to-day or hour-to-hour though because there is short term variation. I guarantee anyone who has complained about drop rates has turned around and gotten a good drop run within a few days.
  • FartBlaster
    117 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just when I think that, today I was 6/7 for stun cuff salvage off an easy node. So, I dunno, it just truly never works when you need it to. Sometimes you get extra lucky, but the overall drop rate has 'sounded' from others like it's around 33%, THAT'S a guess.

The drop rate for stun guns and stun cuffs is atrocious. So much worse than any other gear, and hundreds are required to gear up toons.

I farmed those eyeball things today, and drop rate was three times, or more, the rate stun guns have been for the last two weeks I've been farming them. Thank goodness light side day made me farm them, and gave me a respite from the misery of grinding stun guns.
  • Options
    Purple gear on normal nodes has a 20% chance to drop. Yes, thats lower than other types of gear and yes, you need a lot of them. On 10 energy node you need to spend approx 2500 energy to fully craft a peice of 50 shard gear. This is consistent and has not changed.

Some days you get nothing and some days you get 6/7 but both are equally probable (low). On average you get 2 for every 10 battles.
  • Options
    Not true. They definitely altered the drop rate.

• Foxxphyre
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    VeganJedi wrote: »

Really? Id like you to show me the spreadsheets of your extensive research showing that drop rates over thousands of samples have changed and the date on which it happened.

Oh, you can't? Then please don't make claims you can't back up.

Drop rates for everything except mods - which the devs discussed- have been consistent since launch.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    posters like you are what make me yearn for an Ignore User function.
    Foxxphyre wrote: »

Really? Id like you to show me the spreadsheets of your extensive research showing that drop rates over thousands of samples have changed and the date on which it happened.

Drop rates for everything except mods - which the devs discussed- have been consistent since launch.

• johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    150 energy - 4 shards
  • Options
    dough wrote: »

Why, because I use facts to counter everyones whining? He claimed that drop rates were changed without providing evidence.

Drop rates are entirely predictable over large enough samples. You dont have to like what I say, but ignoring me wont change how the game is.
  • Options
    ive noticed that for the last month the drop rates have been consistently lower for everything. I used to get 5- 10 cantina shards the entire last month I am averaging 2-3 a day. ridiculous.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I prefer to have fewer droppings

I prefer bird droppings
  • Options
    I did 2 cantina refreshes and got 10 b2 shards.
  • Options

Not really. Random number generators are not truly random. And even choosing a probability that is going to drop you can choose the drop rate. We don't know what that rate is, so EA can change it to drive up crystal sales without us having the right to complain
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    why? because you're a pedantic blowhard.

Why, because I use facts to counter everyones whining? He claimed that drop rates were changed without providing evidence.

Drop rates are entirely predictable over large enough samples. You dont have to like what I say, but ignoring me wont change how the game is.

• Options
    There is no difference in drop rates. It's always been crapola.
  • Options

You're only half right.
    Pedantic, yes. I do like to be precise in how things are understood. Improved understanding leads to acceptance.

Blowhard, no. I don't have unpopular OPINIONS, I have unpopular facts.

Using uncommon words to call someone names is still just an ad hominem attack.
    @dough
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I find it to be pretty random myself. When shards aren't dropping I move on and come back a cpl mins later. It almost always does the trick. Also I tend to get the best results only simming 2, or 3, at a time.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    uncommon words, right... ad hominen attack... hope you're able to get through the day, somehow.

it's comedic, you're hectoring the other guy for spreadsheets and empirical data when the same could be asked of you... what makes your input any more credible? you interning over there at CG and looking over shoulders checking data between fetching coffee and the Devs' lunch requests?

You're only half right.
    Pedantic, yes. I do like to be precise in how things are understood. Improved understanding leads to acceptance.

@dough

• Options
    uncommon words, right... ad hominen attack... hope you're able to get through the day, somehow.

it's comedic, you're hectoring the other guy for spreadsheets and empirical data when the same could be asked of you... what makes your input any more credible? you interning over there at CG and looking over shoulders checking data between fetching coffee and the Devs' lunch requests?

You're only half right.

@dough

There has been plenty of data compiled on this issue. Drops over a large sample size are extremely predictable (1/3 for shards, 1/5 for purp gear). This isnt even game standard, its industry standard; other toon collection games have the same drop rates of gear and shards. Devs have even addressed this on this forum MONTHS ago- spoiler alert- nothing has changed. People told the devs straight up "I dont believe you."

Every couple of days someone has a run of bad luck farming something and makes a post accusing the dev team of screwing their customer base; basically calling everyone who works for CG liars. Its no wonder they barely engage here any longer.