Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• I have 2 accounts for this game. I have been playing since mid December. On my p2p before the patch I was winning 1-6 times. Due to being matched with five to ten lvls higher than me. Now I've won the last 13, on my f2p my ratio is 2/7 and keep getting paired up against higher opponents. Galactic War in my opinion was fun, now not so much fun at all. I don't care about the retreat button, just think the fights should be scaled to your level and not facing 5-10 lvls higher plus higher lvld gear as well. It's already hard to get your characters in purple gear. I only have Rey in purple gear. I am trying to get the rest of my squad into the purple gear, but it is a major grind fest which to be honest doesn't bother me
  • I have previously posted because of the lvl 70 7* blockades, but for the last 3 days I have managed to get all the way to the end! Not sure if it's luck or just the fact that I have increased my bench and geared my toons up higher. I achieved lvl 70 a couple of days ago but my highest toons are lvl 66 (2 of those) then 64's all the way down to 40's.

I still only have one 7* toon, one 6*, eight 5*, then mainly 4's and 3's. Maybe because I'm levelling them all as closely together as possible (and gearing like crazy) it's making things a bit easier. I say a bit, but I still fought lvl 64's, 65's, 66's, 68's (2 of those) and 2 lvl 70's today and managed to pull through, although I did take quite a few losses as I had to use 2 suicide squads on the 70's to remove 1 or 2 key characters ready for my A team to mop up.

I didn't even have to retreat more than once or twice in the harder matches (which I hate having to do multiple times) which was a bonus! It was very satisfying to finish BUT (big but - lol, no offence intended!) I still didn't find the whole experience enjoyable, it was still stressfull!

Probably get slaughtered tommorrow now!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Haven't sunk a cent into this game and finish gw every day. My team isn't great, My Level 70 A team is 7* Sid, Jc, Lumi and 6* Daka and Dooku.

Reserves are L70 6* HK, IG88 and IG86.

3 healers and 2 stunners ftw. Keep retreating and switch around until Dooku stuns their 2 best toons :)
  • I'm not sure there is any pattern to this thing. For 3 days straight I managed to finish GW after previously having like 10 days straight of the impenetrable wall type stuff. Those 3 days it was extremely fun and challenging. One of the days I literally had to stick my last leveled up char in there in the final battle to finish off an AI char. During that period I would continuously have to face squad after squad that was around my level and power.

Suddenly yesterday it went back to the impossible match ups. After attrition had already taken its toll on my collection the second to last battle was 6 levels higher and geared to the hilt with abilities maxed out. I assumed this was my big obstruction of the day. So I figured out a way to beat it by mixing and matching chars assuming the last battle would ease off a bit. Nope! Final node was all level 70 7* with one 5*. I'm level 60. The power difference was about 8000.

Basically.... They decide when they are going to let you finish GW. I would like one of the Devs to show us a video of them beating a full 12 node run with similar matchups over and over again like some of us are beating.

Speaking of the Devs... Where are they? John threw this thread out there and has responded what.... One time... in dozens of pages?? So this "open conversation" is simply someplace for all of us to complain with no real feedback from above?
  • image.jpg

Gee I wonder how my GW run is gonna go today. First battle is against equal level and about on par with my best B squad. This squad has mostly level 5-6 abilities too so it packs a punch. Obviously I can dispose of this squad but it's only the first **** node! If it increases in difficulty immediately from here I will be facing 7* 70s by the 4th node!

The thing is, a few weeks ago I decided to switch focus and instead of working on my main squad (they are all 5* level VII gear), I started trying to build a really solid second squad to have an easier time with GW. I don't really care about arena that much at this point because the difference in rewards from 100 to 25 is minimal. I would rather finish GW. It seems this is back firing on me because now that I am getting a second squad built up the GW difficulty is also increasing. It doesn't even give me a warm up node or two. Just comes right after me with squads that can take a chunk out of me.

I agree with others that it is starting to become fairly obvious that GW is an attempt to get more money out of people. I guess you need 15 maxed out chars!
  • jschubeck wrote: »
    [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines - spam]

Well at least we know you're reading this.
  • GW was p155 easy today. One retreat, an empire suicide squad, a night sisters suicide squad and I was done.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez

• https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_JohnSalera, I wanted to understand what you mean by tactical strategy etc. when to end GW meetings at least 7 or 8 players lvl 70 heroes with all seven stars ........ maybe you're referring to the strategy of $ 5,000. Only if you have a rooster than 50 heroes to seven stars now you can finish GW, I spent 16 Euros and will never be able to finish GW because no matter how good they are I can not exceed 10 times battles with lvl 70 and seven stars all heroes.
    GW is now only done for the whales, I never I'll be able to dropping so fast fragments of heroes and consequently never I will be able to do alternate teams to try a bit of synergy.
    I just want to say that as the game is going favored only the whales at the expense of the vast majority of the players, I spent 16 Euros and I want to be protected such as whales, including some whales remain only to play but I remind you that whales are very susceptible (evidence that they do not want some heroes that can be done only with packages, you can do even with the drop, they are afraid to look bad because they spent $ 5000 and then you are losing with people who do not He has spent nothing).
    The future of the game will be staying only whales, but the whale has spent $ 1000 lost by those who have spent $ 2,000 and being very sucettibile will not play ... the whale who spent $ 2,000 lost with what has spent $ 3,000 and will not play again .... and so long as there remains only the white whale.

ciao
  • Extremely frustrated and disappointed with the GW match ups since the update.
    Constantly losing against teams at lower levels and being thrown up against teams that are not difficult, not challenging, but IMPOSSIBLE to beat at lvl 70. I can play for hours, use back up & suicide teams, try a new strategy every time but I can't win & I can't finish. The arena is just as bad. I do not wish to complain, only to express that I am completely demoralized & tired of trying, considering I may need to give up the game completely which is unfortunate because this game seemed to be so well done.
  • ShareBJoy wrote: »
    Extremely frustrated and disappointed with the GW match ups since the update.
    Constantly losing against teams at lower levels and being thrown up against teams that are not difficult, not challenging, but IMPOSSIBLE to beat at lvl 70. I can play for hours, use back up & suicide teams, try a new strategy every time but I can't win & I can't finish. The arena is just as bad. I do not wish to complain, only to express that I am completely demoralized & tired of trying, considering I may need to give up the game completely which is unfortunate because this game seemed to be so well done.

Same. It has sapped much of my enthusiasm for this game. I am mostly FTP (~$60 spent). I have no illusions of being able to rank highly in arena and am content with my 90-130 range. That's why I considered GW to be my "end game" experience.

Well, it's broken. This was supposed to be a war of attrition but in actuality, it's become use my top 5 players for 6-9 nodes against opponents who are way too easy and then reach one node that kills my entire team and bench. I posted ~47 GW wins in a row. Now I'm winning ~25% of the time. Each failure is the exact same issue. ONE NODE that kills (~25) of my characters, including all the powerful ones.

I get that it's not intended to be won every day. But a war of attrition doesn't mean setting someone up with an impossible node. Each player should be able to complete GW if they have a deep bench. (Those without a deep bench may not complete it.) The matching of certain nodes doesn't really allow for completion, no matter how deep one's bench is -- at least at certain levels.
  • Why don't you overpaid developers focus on other criteria of the game like character balancing and new ways to incorporate shards other than ruining everyone's favorite past time which was GW, it's so obvious you overpaid developers need better direction considering you're only messing with aspects of the game that will **** everyone off, it is hilarious how scarce credits have become even more-so when you **** decided to nerf Keycard battles, keep this up and this forum/game will be dead in no time which I am sure is what you guys are hoping for considering that 0 staff members are able to respond to 40 pages full of complaints, good job EA you've proved that you're money hungry as **** and your customers who actually care to make an account to post how stupid you guys are for **** up GW shows how much you **** really give a **** :D
  • The game will probably get deleted from my phone by the end of the day. Congrats EA. You got a nice chunk of change from me but that is over now. I will consider it a wasted investment. It happens.

You guys have so many aspects of this game way out of balance. GW is just the tip of the iceberg. Most days it requires a minimum of 15 maxed out chars to finish GW and every healer in the game. Unless of course you get a lucky draw or two which happens very rarely. Today I sent a level 58 suicide squad in to face a level 64 mixed squad. Obviously my second and third tier chars are not as up to snuff as my main chars. That suicide squad didn't even make a dent. Might as well have not even sent them in. So that only proves the point that you need extra maxed out toons. Furthermore in order to keep that many chars max level, gear, and ability it takes an incredible amount of materials and credits. Yet those materials are intentionally made too scarce. The ironic part is that one of the biggest resources for those materials is GW itself.

So let's review. The Devs have it set up so that it requires a large quantity of chars that are close to max to make it through GW. Yet one of the biggest resources to get ability mats and credits is GW. The daily challenges do help a little with abilities and gear but for the most part you have to grind and farm. That is fine. It's the object behind these types of games... To slowly upgrade your characters day be day. Except for the fact that again... The amount of materials made available are not in balance with the difficulty level of some aspects of the game. The drop rates for certain mats are atrocious!

Right now at level 61 (with main toons still at 60) it requires over 100,000 credits to raise one char, one level. It requires well over 1 million credits to bring a char from 1 to 60. That's only talking credits. You still have to gear them, and raise their abilities. So how is a person supposed to keep the number of toons needed to complete GW in its current state leveled and geared without spending some money?? Bingo!!! It all comes back to that doesn't it??

I have sunk a decent amount of money into this game. I'm quite sure that I probably have more chars close to my player level than most people do and yet I still can't finish GW most days. How on earth do you expect the f2p people to keep up? Oh... That's right... You don't!

John Salera put this thread out there. It's not like a forum member started this. HE DID. Yet he has been back here ONE TIME to drop some generic ****. What's the deal? The ratio is atleast 10:1 of people on this thread complaining about the same matchup issues. We can't even get another generic response.

The cooldown on my JC has been messed up for 3 days now. I reported it to tech support and posted it in the bugs section. Do you know what's been done about it? Nothing! I haven't even gotten a response.

Maybe I have no right to complain about how you design your game. Nobody forced me to spend money, but I **** sure expect the product to perform the proper actions as advertised!!
  • DarthThai
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Horrendous! Im level 70...I've got a descent rouster:

7* Maxed: Lumi, Sid, Phasma, Poggle
    5* L65 - L70, max gear:GS, Barris, JC, Dooku, Daka, Kylo
    And 20 more 4*'s or less below L65

Today's GW:

Node 1& 2: Easy
    Node 3: L65 Phasma, Lumi, Sid, JC: 5-6*'s
    Node 4: Easy
    Node 5: L70 7* Sid, Kylo, Lumi, Poe and 5* FOTP
    Node 6: L65 7* Sid, Lumi, GS, 5* Poe & Poggle
    Node 7: L68 6* & 7* Phasma, Luke, Lumi, Ventros, 5's
    Node 8: L70 6* - 7* Phasma, JC, Lumi, Sid, Daka
    Node 9: L70 all 7* - Lumi, Sid, JC, Phasma, 5's

EDIT:
    Node 10: L70 all 7* - Sid, Lumi, Kylo, IG88, Daka
    Node 11: L70 7* - Sid, Kylo, Lumi, 6* & 5* Poe and QGJ
    Node 12: L70 all 7* - Sid, JC, Lumi, Ventress, Ahsoka
    (Finished after another hour, several suicide teams, lost 3 or 4 in battle)
    END OF EDIT

Haven't lost a hero, yet, but have had to retreat 30+ times. What's the point, here, EA/CG? Is it to infuriate the playerbase? Are there any plans to fix this? You'd think 40 pages in this thread would convince you, this needs fixing.

It's becoming less and less fun, each day. I may quit, I may not, but, I have decided to not spend any more money in the game, until more is offered and/or GW is fixed.
    Post edited by DarthThai on
  • DarthThai
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Quote from OP: The goals of the Galactic War feature were to:

Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard! 

WRONG! It's meant to be fun. And it isn't...any more.
  • I will just state my opinion and you can take it however you want: GW is no longer fun for me. Before I beat most of them, spent a little time on it and earned some shards. Now one of two things happens: I spent a ton of time getting to the final few battles and run into a team that is 8+ levels above me and they simply wipe my team out in two turns, even if I feed something good to them to burn up specials or I run into so many overpowered teams that they just wear me down and I stall out with 5 battles left. If it is your intention for GW to require huge character pools or constantly fcing for hours I don't think you can expect to retain a very large player base for long.

I finished probably 90% of my gws before the change. I have, zero chance of completing on now. I cannot compete with the last three teams I face, period.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    So, I think its important I get my view across.
    Over the last week, I have beaten 6 out of 7 GW's, looking at this forum thats a good rate, but im successful for a reason. Time. I spend an average of 10 mins on each battle making the perfect strategy with what I have (I maybe use 12 4-7* chars), however, this almost everyday has taken a few hours, which I just dont have every day. I dont want to complain without offering a solution; keep the matchmaking the same (tbh, when im ranking top 20 daily it provides a challenge beyond my a-team), change the intensity. For example, I currently hit 12 teams consecutively, 9-10 are maxed, which is just repetitive and uses up a lot of time, instead if I was fight maybe 4,6 or 8 teams with obvious varying difficulties, I think it'd be much more fun and engaging for me.
    {RotE}
  • For me it just keeps getting worse. When I first started gw I could make it to 10 or 11 every day. Now it's 5 or 6. My bench is significantly deeper and my tools are significantly stronger. Every other area of the game is easier. GW just gets worse and worse.
  • I had finished GW every day until yesterday. I am currently level 58 was 57 until this morning. The match I lost on yesterday was against 5 level 70 7* chars with all purple gear...Today I have a match against 4 7* and 1 5* in the 10th match. All characters are lvl 70. How is this beatable? I have no problem with a challenge but that is not even fair...
  • Baggodix wrote: »
    For me it just keeps getting worse. When I first started gw I could make it to 10 or 11 every day. Now it's 5 or 6. My bench is significantly deeper and my tools are significantly stronger. Every other area of the game is easier. GW just gets worse and worse.

I think this is the key point. If I thought that there was some relief to GW in the future then it would be a different story. In other words... If leveling and maxing out your chars was going to make GW an easier run then I would have no problem being patient and working on exactly that. However... With the exception of a couple days in a row where I got some lucky draws it has progressively advanced in difficulty as I progress my toons along. Also... I have seen as many people on here that have level 70 maxed out squads saying that they are even getting crazy matchups. John Salera stated that this is "mid game content". Or atleast it's intended to be. So why are so many people that are maxed out still having difficulty? What gives people incentive to level and advance in the game. Sure DS, LS, and Cantina are fun to advance through but not as fun as GW could be if they got it right.

Arena is Ok but there really isn't enough separation in prizes from 30 to say 10 to really make me work hard to get up in there. For me GW is the part that i can spend a couple hours of free time a day trying to get through but when I run into that wall more times than not I just put my phone down and do something else.
  • 6 teams of 70x7*....what a crock

It's less fun....it's not about strategy anymore it's about frustration
  • I don't see the problem with the GW changes. Before the big GMY update, I only cleared Galactic War once. I have cleared it relatively easily every day since the update. Here's my team if anyone is interested (all 5 are level 65): Luminara 5* leader, 6* sidious, 6* savage opress, 4* old daka, and 4* dooku. I generally clear it without a character dying, but if one dies, its usually daka whom I replace with a 63 5* talia or 60 5* chewie. Hope it helps.
  • Well ... I like the way retreat works. Total reset ... allows me to rethink my team or strategy for a battle. If it is unwinnable with any team combo I have. I send in some b or c team kamakazis to take out what I can ... which usually gives an a-team the ability to win.

We had that before, with force close.
  • Casement wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with the GW changes. Before the big GMY update, I only cleared Galactic War once. I have cleared it relatively easily every day since the update. Here's my team if anyone is interested (all 5 are level 65): Luminara 5* leader, 6* sidious, 6* savage opress, 4* old daka, and 4* dooku. I generally clear it without a character dying, but if one dies, its usually daka whom I replace with a 63 5* talia or 60 5* chewie. Hope it helps.

This is the problem. There is inconsistency. You have it easy. Others don't. I faced a bunch of squads with level 70 7* characters. No break between rounds. I can get through one okay, maybe two. But then my squads start going down. Sacrifice squads do nothing. I still get obliterated.

In fact, I saw a Dooku do a double stun - 2 characters hit at the same time. It's comical how hard my GWs have gotten. I'm wondering if it's for constructive criticism I've provided. It's got to be difficult to thread the needle. How do you make it challenging while also not making it impossible? I think they overshot. It was a little too easy. But now it's impossible.

I know @EA_Jesse doesn't like being tagged but I've spent $100s on this game and find change this very frustrating. I don't know if GW was changed with unintended consequences but the result has made me feel sour on this game.
This discussion has been closed.