Emperor Palpatine is OP.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well, how about we start with fixing his bugs?
    Right now he is procing TM gains on Han taunt. And he is procing RG's Unique, I believe, too.

When Anni was buffed we saw a major gigantic enormous explosion of Anni's in top tier arena teams. It eclipsed anything I have seen since RG with the protection update.

Palp is making those guys look like chumps. And this is just the beginning. Anni buff wasn't even a little blip on the radar, in comparison.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Well, how about we start with fixing his bugs?
    Right now he is procing TM gains on Han taunt. And he is procing RG's Unique, I believe, too.

He should be proccing on Han taunt. That's 100% WAI. RG's unique isn't procing though, not for me.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    @Zooey I just threw in my 6* g9 solo and crushed a palp team without losing 1 toon.... Guess you got something there
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You think it's working as intended that his team OU buff, 100% TM gain, refresh stun for 2 turns, and 100% self heal happen to also give his team 20% TM while Han is taunting?

Heck, I have toons I would rather attack my own Han with, even though I don't get any of those terrific other things.

If this is the case, WAI, then you should be able to proc TM on Han taunt with Barisse heal, too? Provided Han has more health than average.

I want a new ability. Han should be able to shoot himself in the foot to give everyone TM. And on a crit, he gets to immediately shoot off his other foot.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »
    Broda wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sort of a dolphin I don't have any p2p only toons so no Rex although I've been buying sun fac shipments.... Yeah no Yoda either because I refused to farm toons like JC and bariss to get him... I'll have him next event cause I just finished aayla.... Current squad is JKA, RG, Rey, 5s, and qgj..... I was totally destroying everyone until this old fart got let out of his cage

So because one toon is beating your squad, you're going to cry OP? Just put in Han Solo and pop him right in the gizzard.

And who does not have Han Solo? Ackbar with tenacity mods... maybe.

Nah that won't work cuz Palp's potency is so high.

I fought against a team with Palpatine yesterday ... he stunned 3 of my team, but 2 had acted before him. But I ended up winning anyway.

He is a mighty hero, but at least on my server I see few teams of top 20 using it.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    You think it's working as intended that his team buff and self heal happen to give his team 20% TM while Han is taunting?

Oh you meant that. Yeah that's a bug. I thought you meant he was proccing enemy Han's TM gain when shocked.

@Broda glad to be of help.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    @Zooey I just threw in my 6* g9 solo and crushed a palp team without losing 1 toon.... Guess you got something there
    There you have it folks, the way to beat any team is to think a little bit and have a strategy..........who would have thought!

• Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    There you have it folks, the way to beat any team is to think a little bit and have a strategy..........who would have thought!

I was going to do it anyway I was just waiting for him to be 7* g10 so I don't get targeted but thanks for your Smart Alec remark
  • Options
    You think it's working as intended that his team OU buff, 100% TM gain, refresh stun for 2 turns, and 100% self heal happen to also give his team 20% TM while Han is taunting?

Heck, I have toons I would rather attack my own Han with, even though I don't get any of those terrific other things.

If this is the case, WAI, then you should be able to proc TM on Han taunt with Barisse heal, too? Provided Han has more health than average.

I want a new ability. Han should be able to shoot himself in the foot to give everyone TM. And on a crit, he gets to immediately shoot off his other foot.

If you are in the camp that thinks that is a bug, then I'm unsure why.

STH's ability reads "...when Han is damaged."

The Emperor's "..all units lose 5% of their max health."

Bariss': "...have their health percentages equalized."

Bariss' is clearly not considered damage for obvious I'm-not-gonna-argue-on-the-internet reasons. So her precedent does not apply. You, and others who think it is a bug, are saying a loss of health is not the same as damage. I may buy that, but there's plenty of reason for it to still be considered damage, too. And likely it extends beyond just this interaction, to things like Rex's special and whatnot.
  • Options
    Scratch the Rex reference, it states it's damage.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The whole point of Han's TM proc is made moot if you include self-inflicted injuries. I do not care for "realism," arguments. But in this case, all I can imagine is Han rolling around on the ground banging his head and poking himself with a needle while his team gains TM. lolol. If palpatine can do it, why can't Han do it to himself?
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    You nerf kids are a cancer to all online games. You nerf people are the reason online go down the toilet.

Would it kill you all to learn how to play? For crying out loud use Yoda, get him to 215 speed. Even on defense he uses battle meditation on his first turn..that right there blocks Palpatene intial area of effect stun. From there you use your best damage dealers and kill him before he goes again.

If that's too hard for you to do then find another game.

So the answer is one specific character that can counter him.... and if you don't want to use that character, you're screwed? That's just silly. Get real. If he only has one counter, he is OP and needs a huge nerf.
  • Options

Han Solo
    Rex
    Yoda
    Droid team
    A faster EP
    Remember EP is slow AF so blow him up with faster toons. Rey? Qgj? Leia? GS?
    Get STHan faster than their EP and then pull the rest of your team ahead and blow up EP.
    There are lots of ways to counter EP. You just need to pick 1.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    DrNocard wrote: »
    Get STHan faster than their EP and then pull the rest of your team ahead and blow up EP.
    Why can't EP team speed mod ST Han and blow you up? Or simply have RG, so you can only blow him up 50% of the time? The thing is it is not always possible to blow up EP before he gets his first turn. And once he gets that, he is rolling in it. And therein lies the EP problem. The first 5-10 guys to field EP in top twenty will be fine, for awhile. When there are lots of EP's, it will be like the old Poe era, perhaps.

• Options
    Why can't EP team speed mod ST Han and blow you up? Or simply have RG, so you can only blow him up 50% of the time? The thing is it is not always possible to blow up EP before he gets his first turn. And once he gets that, he is rolling in it. And therein lies the EP problem. The first 5-10 guys to field EP in top twenty will be fine, for awhile. When there are lots of EP's, it will be like the old Poe era.

Ok if insufficient burst damage. Then control. Use Yoda. He is over 30 speed faster than EP (157 vs 122 base speed ). Equal mods on both sides you will battle meditation and congrats you just neutered EP. Same with Rex if you have him (140 vs 122 base speed). Hey and Han Solo is FTP and he shoots first.

And droid team. HK ability block if you don't think you can burst down EP.

Yeah forgot about Poe. So yes maybe it comes back down to speed meta.

(LastJedi not directed at you, just a general question to the community) Why not just build a better EP team if he's so OP and game changing? maybe it's the mods on the opposing team that's helping them win- all those speed secondaries.

So in the end, it wasn't EP beating the world . It's the person's armament and team composition. Meaning, the person was Winning before EP was out and is still winning now after EP.

Give it a week or so. The novelty will wear off and players will figure out how to beat EP on their own.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So in the end, it wasn't EP beating the world . It's the person's armament and team composition. Meaning, the person was Winning before EP was out and is still winning now after EP.
    This is not what I see. I see EP teams converging at the top and pushing out the old faces. My droids are getting targeted more, already. Now that top 20 is filled with these EP teams, which a lot of the other F2P teams can't beat.

Why not make a better EP team? Ok, is just money and more money to make EP team to beat another EP team. It's the difference between a little speed here or there. A couple sweet health/protection secondaries. On potency mod sets, of course. And that takes a lot o mod rolls. So that's fine, if you like p2w. And if you got EP in this "extremely rare event."

I use droids, so I can beat any EP team, so far. But I'm getting secondary effect. And the guys who are still trying to roll with phasma and dooku and ben.... hahaaha. G'bye.

The Anni effect was nothing compared to PE. This changed my arena overnight. If your arena is already full with Wiggs and B2, then u do not know the landslide that is PE to other shards.
  • Options
    Palp changed the meta back to the po days expect aoe stun is way more op
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »
    You nerf kids are a cancer to all online games. You nerf people are the reason online go down the toilet.

Would it kill you all to learn how to play? For crying out loud use Yoda, get him to 215 speed. Even on defense he uses battle meditation on his first turn..that right there blocks Palpatene intial area of effect stun. From there you use your best damage dealers and kill him before he goes again.

So the answer is one specific character that can counter him.... and if you don't want to use that character, you're screwed? That's just silly. Get real. If he only has one counter, he is OP and needs a huge nerf.

You get real. Yoda isn't the only one that can counter EP. You can use Han Solo from the raids he gets a first turn..stun cough cough. By your logic Qgj is OP cause most people use hi to dispel the RG that's in every squad.

Learn to play nub.
  • Options
    This is not what I see. I see EP teams converging at the top and pushing out the old faces. My droids are getting targeted more, already. Now that top 20 is filled with these EP teams, which a lot of the other F2P teams can't beat.

Why not make a better EP team? Ok, is just money and more money to make EP team to beat another EP team. It's the difference between a little speed here or there. A couple sweet health/protection secondaries. On potency mod sets, of course. And that takes a lot o mod rolls. So that's fine, if you like p2w. And if you got EP in this "extremely rare event."

I use droids, so I can beat any EP team, so far. But I'm getting secondary effect. And the guys who are still trying to roll with phasma and dooku and ben.... hahaaha. G'bye.

The Anni effect was nothing compared to PE. This changed my arena overnight. If your arena is already full with Wiggs and B2, then u do not know the landslide that is PE to other shards.

just because the meta is shifting doesn't make one character op. EP is a FTP character. And if it came down to mods then doesn't it always come down to mods these days? Shouldn't we be happy that this supposedly op toon not a p2p exclusive?

You should be laughing that droids have always been and continue to be viable in arena.

Every meta has a counter. I just named several. Blow up EP with faster toons such as droids (your counter), Rex or Yoda (mine), a faster EP, Han Solo. And if someone doesn't have any of those options then maybe the guy that farmed the 7* EP and modded him with speed and potency deserves to win?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, just use yoda or han solo. Or 7 star vader and Grievous and Wiggs with 20 speed secondaries. Nub!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    just because the meta is shifting doesn't make one character op. EP is a FTP character. And if it came down to mods then doesn't it always come down to mods these days? Shouldn't we be happy that this supposedly op toon not a p2p exclusive?

You should be laughing that droids have always been and continue to be viable in arena.

Every meta has a counter. I just named several. Blow up EP with faster toons such as droids (your counter), Rex or Yoda (mine), a faster EP, Han Solo. And if someone doesn't have any of those options then maybe the guy that farmed the 7* EP and modded him with speed and potency deserves to win?
    I am lucky droids are going to be fine against EP.

The problem with EP.... he doesn't have a counter. Yes, you can beat him with Yoda. Yes, I can beat EP with Droids. EP will beat either of us..... The problem is there are about 75% of my shard which does not have EP. or Droids. Or Yoda. And they can't beat EP. Guess who they will attack? Us. While the black hoods lay around the watering hole, like a herd of vultures, napping with bloated bellies.

Yes, EP is F2P. Does that make the guy that farmed 7* EP deserve to win? Why? Cuz he heard a hint about farming rebels 2 months ago on the radio? And he believed it would mean anything?

I was told to farm scoundrels for big rewards. And I got shafted with a 6 star cad bane, when it turns out I could have soloed the event with just ST Han a month later. I don't listen to every whisper of "great rewards" that EA dishes out. I bet this super rare event comes back in one month. And I bet EP is neutered by then, too. :)
  • Options

The problem with EP.... he doesn't have a counter. Yes, you can beat him with Yoda. Yes, I can beat EP with Droids. EP will beat either of us..... The problem is there are about 75% of my shard which does not have EP. or Droids. Or Yoda. And they can't beat EP. Guess who they will attack? Us. While the black hoods lay around the watering hole, like a herd of vultures, napping with bloated bellies.

Yes, EP is F2P. Does that make the guy that farmed 7* EP deserve to win? Why? Cuz he heard a hint about farming rebels 2 months ago on the radio? And he believed it would mean anything?

I was told to farm scoundrels for big rewards. And I got shafted with a 6 star cad bane, when it turns out I could have soloed the event with just ST Han a month later. I don't listen to every whisper of "great rewards" that EA dishes out. I bet this super rare event comes back in one month. And I bet EP is neutered by then, too. :)

Haha I enjoyed that read. That's where we agree I suspect EP will be back a la Yoda event. :)

We can agree to disagree. I think there are sufficient counters to EP, and you don't think so. But really, just give it time - it always takes a bit before things balance out.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Haha I enjoyed that read. That's where we agree I suspect EP will be back a la Yoda event. :)

We can agree to disagree. I think there are sufficient counters to EP, and you don't think so. But really, just give it time - it always takes a bit before things balance out.

I think there are sufficient counters, if you learn to buy toons play. The F2P methods of beating him on offense do not amount to counters in any meaning of the word. E.g. Rex is a counter to droids. Rex lead can play in top end arena bowing to no one. And he can defend against droids. X is a counter to EP. You fill in the blank. Maybe Rex can be up there... even he is an expensive toon, yet.
  • Options
    Palpatine is nearly perfect. He is op, but only his group stun. They just need to lower the stun chance to 40-50%, and the problem will be solved. Touch nothing else!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Palpatine is nearly perfect. He is op, but only his group stun. They just need to lower the stun chance to 40-50%, and the problem will be solved. Touch nothing else!!!
    What do you think about Let the Hate Flow proccing 20% TM for his team while his ally ST Han is taunting, due to "damaging" Han? This ability already instantly heals EP from 1 health to 100% if he has 3 tanky allies. And it already does a 2 turn stun to shocked enemies. And it already gives Offense Up.

And do you think the 20% TM per negative status effect is fine? Along with the pretty huge leader skills percentage bonuses?

What do you think about 2 turn stun?

It seems to me they are jacking up leader skills and abilities so that they will be great even in the face of mods. Like how Wedge gives 45 speed to himself and Biggs, minimum. Before mods that would have been insane. Now it seems like new toons have to compete with mods as well as other toons.

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The question isn't EP, OP. The question is what will they bring out next, to make EP, obsolete?

THE YODA-NATOR

backillbe.jpg

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I bet EP won't b back...not 4 a long time. So, when they release Jedi Luke and offer u packs to help get the resources u need to get him, ppl will jump on them bcuz they know he won't b back around soon either.. It is, after all, about sales.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    What do you think about Let the Hate Flow proccing 20% TM for his team while his ally ST Han is taunting, due to "damaging" Han? This ability already instantly heals EP from 1 health to 100% if he has 3 tanky allies. And it already does a 2 turn stun to shocked enemies. And it already gives Offense Up.

And do you think the 20% TM per negative status effect is fine? Along with the pretty huge leader skills percentage bonuses?

What do you think about 2 turn stun?

It seems to me they are jacking up leader skills and abilities so that they will be great even in the face of mods. Like how Wedge gives 45 speed to himself and Biggs, minimum. Before mods that would have been insane. Now it seems like new toons have to compete with mods as well as other toons.

There are plenty of characters that take advantage of little nuances in the programming Old Ben can remove foresight with Mind Tricks. In a Phasma squad GS can call FOTP, who can call Aayla, who can re-call FOTP. There's all kinds of little things to take advantage of in this game as far as combat goes.

As far as the negative statuses go, the Empire squad is built around negative statues so it's no surprise that EP gives the squad potency and a bonus for negative status effects. Now the 2 turn stun could be a tad much, not surprised if that gets reduced to 1 turn. But overall he's pretty well balanced I think. It's Emperor Palpatine, for the dev's to "give him justice" they had to make him border-line too strong. If he was "so-so" and got beat out by GS in people's lines-ups I think players would have thrown a tantrum.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »

You get real. Yoda isn't the only one that can counter EP. You can use Han Solo from the raids he gets a first turn..stun cough cough. By your logic Qgj is OP cause most people use hi to dispel the RG that's in every squad.

Learn to play nub.

Anyone who thinks he's OP is by default a "nub" lol. I guess we see why your profile has bars.

Anyone who uses him shouldn't really get a say in if he's OP. You're taking advantage of his OP-ness. Of course you don't want him nerfed. But fact remains, the only time I've ever lost in arena without taking out a single enemy was against Emp. Stunning my entire group. Healing back to 100%. Giving everyone offense up. He's just ridiculous. And if the only answer you can give is to suggest the 2 or 3 characters who can somewhat counter him, that's no answer. No character should require such a specific counter, or lose by default.
  • Options
    Palpatine can very easily be countered, or not used. I think he is presently one of the most balanced characters.