Empire attackers basically suck.

Prev13
Can we maybe do something about Snowtrooper's speed?

Or Magmatrooper's damage?

Granted, Magma's TMR on his thermal imploder can be good with the right mods, but the same can be said of any toon. Snowtrooper starts at I think 98 speed? That's even slower than Pensioner Palpatine and unless you're running Tarkin or Veers lead, it's too slow to be viable, imo.

We're sorely missing enough well rounded toons to make a full Empire squad viable right now.

Replies

• Options
    If you complain about palp then you seriously need to gear him up even 5* is strong and fast
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Granted, Magma's TMR on his thermal imploder can be good with the right mods, but the same can be said of any toon. Snowtrooper starts at I think 98 speed? That's even slower than Pensioner Palpatine and unless you're running Tarkin or Veers lead, it's too slow to be viable, imo.

We're sorely missing enough well rounded toons to make a full Empire squad viable right now.

Seems u r mostly about DPS.. Well, sorry to say, this game and strategy is multi-dimensional.

Sometimes abilties outperform pure damage/speed characters
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Buckbone wrote: »
    If you complain about palp then you seriously need to gear him up even 5* is strong and fast

I'm not complaining about Palp - I have him 6* max gear, level and mods. He's just naturally a bit slow.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Seems u r mostly about DPS.. Well, sorry to say, this game and strategy is multi-dimensional.

Sometimes abilties outperform pure damage/speed characters

Not at all, I'm just interested a balanced all-Empire team. In the absence of a healer for Empire, speed/DPS is what's needed.
  • Options
    Personally, I'm hoping there'll be a synergy between FO and Empire. Some of their members do some OK damage, better than Snowtrooper and Magmatrooper anyway.
  • Options
    Tarkin neuters Wiggs teams but is terrible on AI. He uses his aoe first which is garbage. He needs to use the offense/speed down first.

His aoe needs to do way more damage or else it needs to have a higher chance than 40% to land tm reduction
  • Options
    Tarkin neuters Wiggs teams but is terrible on AI. He uses his aoe first which is garbage. He needs to use the offense/speed down first.

His aoe needs to do way more damage or else it needs to have a higher chance than 40% to land tm reduction

Are you kidding me? I'm farming Tarkin because I like his Intimidation Tactics granting him another turn under Palpatine. If he starts with his AOE, that's like a lost turn. I hope this gets changed.
  • Options
    They need to do some sinergy With tarkin and veers like they did with wedge and biggs
  • Options
    Empire need that punch.

Vader was created in a civilised time, before the Empire. Since then we have seen a Savage rework granted his time isnt yet but Wedge Anakin & Biggs had some major rework.

Vader currently is not a threat in this META or the next. Vader was one of the greatest Sith of all time just his name put fear into his enemies.
    Vader needs an extra passive skill similar to Anakin's but the more turns Vader has the more % in attack & hp he gains. This would really make him a threat in an Empire team.
  • Options
    Well that is kind of the point of empire, excluding stormtrooper (who's just aweful on everyway) the main theme of the empire is using their power and intimidation to Demoralize (debuff) the enemy while buffing themselves. That's why palp's lead gives them turn meter when they Debuff (and extra potency) they aren't meant for damage, but whittling away their enemies and keeping themselves kicking through defence ups, offense downs, ability blocks, stuns. Do I think the empire should get a DPS character or two? Yes but they shouldn't change the whole theme that they had going on
  • Options
    Those debuffs get in the way sometimes. Can't see the health/prot on the back row toons.

I cleared all of GW today with just Empire/Sith. EP, Vader, RG, Dooku, Sid, Savage. EP, RG, and Dooku are maxed with decent to good mods. The other 3 are undergeared, under leveled, and have no mods. That's how good EP is when maxed.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Empire need that punch.

Vader was created in a civilised time, before the Empire. Since then we have seen a Savage rework granted his time isnt yet but Wedge Anakin & Biggs had some major rework.

Vader currently is not a threat in this META or the next. Vader was one of the greatest Sith of all time just his name put fear into his enemies.
    Vader needs an extra passive skill similar to Anakin's but the more turns Vader has the more % in attack & hp he gains. This would really make him a threat in an Empire team.

That's an idea. Another idea is to make damage over time more powerful. This would also buff nightsisters and sidious which need it too. I'm more in favor of just more damage. He is a sith after all. His basic shouldn't hit like a wet noodle.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    NukinFTW wrote: »
    Empire need that punch.

That's an idea. Another idea is to make damage over time more powerful. This would also buff nightsisters and sidious which need it too. I'm more in favor of just more damage. He is a sith after all. His basic shouldn't hit like a wet noodle.

Any investigation by the Dev's into Vader would be good. Vader is and always was a Sith Brute but in the Arena he is quite a 2 trick pony. Vader in cannon killed alot of Jedi and these Jedi would go into hiding from Vader. The guy hit hard to the point one swing would break the defenses of even the greatest Jedi.

I would say he needs a buff from partnering with Emp Palp but not Nightsisters. Nightsisters should buff Savage, Maul and Ventress in Cannon
  • Options
    My vote for buffing Empire teams. I'm farming Snow Trooper and Veers (just in case, you know?). Tarkin, EP and Vader are just hanging loose as of now. Most pointless faction right now but I'm hoping they'll get a boost. EP is a nice start.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Empire need that punch.

Any investigation by the Dev's into Vader would be good. Vader is and always was a Sith Brute but in the Arena he is quite a 2 trick pony. Vader in cannon killed alot of Jedi and these Jedi would go into hiding from Vader. The guy hit hard to the point one swing would break the defenses of even the greatest Jedi.

I would say he needs a buff from partnering with Emp Palp but not Nightsisters. Nightsisters should buff Savage, Maul and Ventress in Cannon

That's a good point... He was that powerful mostly because of EP. So add that attack buff when taking damage and while EP is present
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Empire characters do need a buff
  • Options
    How many full squads you see in top 10 of your server right now?
    Perhaps a team clones or rebel?

Moff have a great basic atack! Empire not need a buff!
  • Options
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »

yes they do
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

yes they do

Why? I do not see any decent argument!
  • Options
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

I have not seen you lose to any full tag team. B)
  • Options
    mods work best,
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

I have not seen you lose to any full tag team. B)

Fair enough. The point I was making was to show that even when Snowtrooper does three AoE on a battle, it makes absolutely no difference. That is why I think he need a buff/rework.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    The biggest problem with empire is they are rendered completely useless by tenacity up. The entire faction relies on debuffs, stuns, and TMR. They have no "plan B" abilities because of the lack of DPS. You take the ability to debuff away from them and they are a weak faction.

Vader has potentially the deadliest ability in the entire game with Culling Blade but it has to be set up by debuffs. Even his basic, while not high damage, is extremely reliable with ability block. However, he is extremely weak against tenacity.

Just for fun I was running a partial empire team of Palp, Vader, RG for a bit after the emperor was released. I was able to get #1 just fine with it on offense but anyone with a fast Rex or Yoda will drool over facing that squad.

I'm fine with Empire being somewhat lacking in the DPS department if they had a way to bypass tenacity up. Maybe what they need is a character with a group dispel. It would fit in well with the utility emphasis of that faction.

• Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    The biggest problem with empire is they are rendered completely useless by tenacity up. The entire faction relies on debuffs, stuns, and TMR. They have no "plan B" abilities because of the lack of DPS. You take the ability to debuff away from them and they are a weak faction.

Vader has potentially the deadliest ability in the entire game with Culling Blade but it has to be set up by debuffs. Even his basic, while not high damage, is extremely reliable with ability block. However, he is extremely weak against tenacity.

Just for fun I was running a partial empire team of Palp, Vader, RG for a bit after the emperor was released. I was able to get #1 just fine with it on offense but anyone with a fast Rex or Yoda will drool over facing that squad.

I'm fine with Empire being somewhat lacking in the DPS department if they had a way to bypass tenacity up. Maybe what they need is a character with a group dispel. It would fit in well with the utility emphasis of that faction.

An empire despeller would help. A step in right direction.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

The answer? Director Krennic in Aurodiums! His basic should call two empire characters to assist. His first special can be AOE tenacity down and TM for his team. His second special can be a huge AOE calling down a shot from the death star! He should have 160 base speed and his unique should +10 speed for each living empire team mate.

ETA: The first special edit: instead of AOE tenacity down, it should be AOE dispel + AOE tenacity down! Good idea @NukinFTW
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

An empire despeller would help. A step in right direction.

Stormtrooper with dispel on basic might make him usable.
  • Options
    Lol Ray Ray... That sounds a bit OP!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Lol Ray Ray... That sounds a bit OP!

Sure, but aren't all aurodiums on paper?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    True true