Empire attackers basically suck.

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Yeah I have him maxed 7*. He was my MVP in the Ewok assault event last time because of a lack of good Empire and droids. Without his AOE to drop those low health Ewoks I would have been screwed. He is definitely slow. 107 base speed IIRC. I was more thinking of him as a compliment on a full Empire squad if he was modded up right.

Which takes me back to the original subject... Full Empire squads just don't seem to be viable against the current meta. As I said earlier... I messed around with a mixed Empire squad for a bit (as you know) and got decent results but there are just better options out there right now.
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Yeah I have him maxed 7*. He was my MVP in the Ewok assault event last time because of a lack of good Empire and droids. Without his AOE to drop those low health Ewoks I would have been screwed. He is definitely slow. 107 base speed IIRC. I was more thinking of him as a compliment on a full Empire squad if he was modded up right.

Which takes me back to the original subject... Full Empire squads just don't seem to be viable against the current meta. As I said earlier... I messed around with a mixed Empire squad for a bit (as you know) and got decent results but there are just better options out there right now.

Yeah I think I remember seeing you run that team. I'm honestly to the point where I will just run it in arena regardless if I lose rank because it's more fun to play and because good is dumb. I wish synergies really were more powerful because on paper they look great but in practice they fall short.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    Tarkin neuters Wiggs teams but is terrible on AI. He uses his aoe first which is garbage. He needs to use the offense/speed down first.

His aoe needs to do way more damage or else it needs to have a higher chance than 40% to land tm reduction

Are you kidding me? I'm farming Tarkin because I like his Intimidation Tactics granting him another turn under Palpatine. If he starts with his AOE, that's like a lost turn. I hope this gets changed.

This is a sad journey. I thought tarkin would be awesome w Palpatine. I maxed my tarkin. His primary is garbage. It used to hit super hard. Not sure when it was nerfed or how. His AoE is weak. And his main offense down never sticks. Good luck.

I even tried him as leader w Vader and palp and rg and empire guys. This is a journey to sadness.
  • Options
    Revenant wrote: »
    MrClean621 wrote: »

because good is dumb.

That's why evil will always win...
  • Options
    Wait, you guys want the BAD guys to win?!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you want to do better with your team based around Palpatine, remember that you need to have characters that are either Empire or Sith (or in Vader's case, both), and that the characters you use should have high health (to take advantage of Palpatine's health bonus), and that the characters you use apply debuffs, such as Vader, Sid, Veers, Tarkin, etc., to take advantage of the increased TM and healing for Empire and Sith toons. You also want to try to go up against rebel and jedi squads, to take advantage of bonuses against those characters.

I guess my point is, there is a right way to do an Empire squad. Give Palpatine high speed and potency. Use Empire characters that apply debuffs to gain extra turns. It's not really that difficult.

Or, as @Ronoaldo pointed out, simply give Snowtrooper a mustache. :^{D Lando FTW!!
  • Options
    Is Tarken good?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Empire need that punch.

Vader was created in a civilised time, before the Empire. Since then we have seen a Savage rework granted his time isnt yet but Wedge Anakin & Biggs had some major rework.

Vader currently is not a threat in this META or the next. Vader was one of the greatest Sith of all time just his name put fear into his enemies.
    Vader needs an extra passive skill similar to Anakin's but the more turns Vader has the more % in attack & hp he gains. This would really make him a threat in an Empire team.

Just give him an ability (Force Choke) that makes him deathmark but without the bonus damage. Would be interesting for sure, but possibly too difficult for the AI to handle.
  • Options

Of course we do
  • Options

Bad?
    Rebellion destroyed a stable and effective, albeit strict, government...
    Wreaking havoc on shipping lanes, stealing supplies, blowing up factories full of innocent workers...

It all depends on which end of the telescope you look through.
    In the end, there is no good or bad, it's all one giant grey area.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Thx 4 the laugh. Reminded me of the conversation from "Clerks". There u r, 2 kids, home, dog, fat government contract to build a deathstar...not like a Stormtrooper knows how to lay a toilet main...u need contractors. Then some left wing rebels outta nowhere attack and kill u. U didn't sign on 4 that.
  • Options
    Every independent contractor needs to choose who they do jobs for. Any contractors working on the Death Star knew what they were getting involved in.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Empire need that punch.

Vader was created in a civilised time, before the Empire. Since then we have seen a Savage rework granted his time isnt yet but Wedge Anakin & Biggs had some major rework.

Vader currently is not a threat in this META or the next. Vader was one of the greatest Sith of all time just his name put fear into his enemies.
    Vader needs an extra passive skill similar to Anakin's but the more turns Vader has the more % in attack & hp he gains. This would really make him a threat in an Empire team.

Empire are just fine... At least Vader and emperor... There are plenty of ways to make them work...
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Imbicatus wrote: »
    Every independent contractor needs to choose who they do jobs for. Any contractors working on the Death Star knew what they were getting involved in.

Exactly. God I love that movie. THIRTY-SEVEN !!
  • Options
    Can we maybe do something about Snowtrooper's speed?

Or Magmatrooper's damage?

Granted, Magma's TMR on his thermal imploder can be good with the right mods, but the same can be said of any toon. Snowtrooper starts at I think 98 speed? That's even slower than Pensioner Palpatine and unless you're running Tarkin or Veers lead, it's too slow to be viable, imo.

We're sorely missing enough well rounded toons to make a full Empire squad viable right now.

The problem is the 'Trooper units. Now I'm the first to say that generic characters such as these shouldn't be great but I do think they should function greater in concert. I think the main problem is they are designed to work well on a team just not on a Player's team. What I mean by that is they are optimized for PvE aspect of the game where you face umpteen of them and their passives start to stack.
    We need them to be reworked to play on a 5 unit team; each could grant the others boosts and get the same boost themself for every other 'Trooper unit on their team. In other words, A-Trooper gives B and C Trooper X% Offense and gains X% Offense for each. Of course these would quickly stack up, especially as new 'Trooper units are introduced, so to keep it in check make it called something like Clear and Direct Orders and give it an increase for Military leaders (not Palpatine) but also a decrease for each additional Empire leader.
    Speaking of Military Leaders, it would also help if they gave something extra to the 'Trooper units. Vader could give them potency, Veers could give crit. damage, and Tarkin could add crit. chance.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease