Geonosian Team Players Discussion

Prev1
BigBP
63 posts Member
edited September 2016
Where my geonosian lovers at?!?

So I'm currently running Phasma(L), GSpy, GSoldier,Sun Fac, and Poggle. I might switch Poggle in favor of someone else but still debating.
Post edited by BigBP on

Replies

• Options
    I guess I count here. I've been running Phasma (L), GSoldier, GSpy, Sun Fac, and Leia in the arena for a couple weeks. I haven't invest much into Poggle, he just doesn't bring much to the team.

I'm working on a replacement for Leia. She just isn't pulling her weight. I'm thinking either Fives or JKA. Phasma goes really well with the team though.

Overall I'm really happy with the Geonosians. GSoldier is consistent and compliments both GSpy and Sun Fac well. The combos that can be pulled between GSpy and Sun Fac are devastating.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been considering dropping poggle in favor of fives myself to make the squad more tanky. I have no complaints with G Soilder or G Spy tho. Both his high consistent and GSPY can one shot or nearly KO most peeps with its Silent Strike ability if the opposing team utilizes buffs. I think what I need to do is rework the mods I use on poggle. Maybe even give him speef mods if need be so he can go first yo set up offense buff.
  • Options
    I had to come to see if people just liked the toons, or if there were actual honest to goodness fans of Genosians.
  • Options
    Geonosians deserve a fifth member!
  • Options
    I been running 88(L) spy, GS, fac and RG for a few weeks now. Only 88 lead in my shard and I compete for first everyday. I love the bugs.
  • Options
    I think geonosians are kinda like the clones (the clone wars started on geonosis coinincidense I think not) where they syngeize very well with each other and overall are decent but suffer the same problem of majority of their members (2/4 geos and 3/5 clones) are stuck behind the paywall. But assuming we could use all 4 they are pretty good, poggle as lead to provide offence, offense up, ability and extra evasion for himself, sun fac for taunting, self heals, and dispels, soldier for some of the best DPS in the game, bonus damage on his already great assist and giving extra crit chances to all his allies, and spy for...more dispels (not all that great now that I look at him like this) so if they were all F2P I imagine they be good but unlike clones were they can add dozens of they want there aren't that many notable geos. Only other I can think of is the queen and she seems like she'd be a raid boss rather than a character (just imagine her reviving geonosians to lay waste to your team)
  • Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think the fifth geonsian should be the zombie
  • Options
    Well when we look into the data mined info we know there exists a Geonosian Commander and Geonosis Padame coming eventually, so the hype is real lol
  • Options
    BigBP wrote: »
    Well when we look into the data mined info we know there exists a Geonosian Commander and Geonosis Padame coming eventually, so the hype is real lol

Where is the data mines info at how can I read it. I loved to catch a glimpse.

I've invested lots of mats to max out al 4 geo in game minus 1 gear piece on poggle. I think the geo synergy is horrible. They work well with ig88 lead for crits granting GSPY extra TM but outside of that I don't feel they can hang with clones or droids at this point.

I currently run ig88 GS Sf GSPY and rg and get smashed by droids and clones. Usually no issues with other squads. I've tried using poogle lead for offense buff but it's not even as good as say a JKA lead for the team which gives his crazy AOE plus advantage and crit dmg. So why use poogle for lead?

But from my test I havent found a better leader then ig88 for gspy taking advantage of his TM

Haven't tried phasma lead with squad yet but without a speed bonus or something I don't see it as a number 1 arena squad.
  • Options
    I will be a huge fan once SF and Spy are more accessible. GS was my first hard-core farm when the cantina first unlocked for me, and I haven't looked back since.

Geonosian Queen would be a wonderfully disgusting addition.
  • Options
    We need Karina the Great with really good synergy to really pull the bugs together.
  • Options
    I love spy in arena. He thing is pac sun doesn't mesh well with spy for setting up 40k plus one shots.
  • Options
    Remember when poggle was considered OP because of offence up lolol

Now it seems like every char can grant it
  • Options
    Spy is a wrecking ball. I'm hoping I can make him useful in new raid.
  • Options
    Spy is farmable you guys must be pretty happy
  • Options
    Would love some suggested team compositions. Geonosians would be a very fun team, but any reason to include poggle? He seems to only really help droids.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Do note @danrussoa spy will not be useful most likely vs boss since he won't gain any status effects. Also I think undoubtedly Ig88 is the best leader for bugs since spy gains so much TM on debuff and ig88s leader counts
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/pve/

That's the link to data minded characters. It was already hinted by one of the mods Geonosians will have strong synergy so it's only a matter of time before they pop off.

Plus I'm loving how we got Spy in the Cantina now. I got my GSpy currentlt 6 stars and soon to have maxed out Geonosians atm.

My current arena team is : Poggle(L), GSoilder, Sun Fac, GSpy, and Old Daka. I intend to replace to Old Daka with Royal Guard or Storm Trooper Hans soon.
  • Options
    Currently run royal guard, geo sol, geo spy, sun fac and leia. Royal guard bc debilitation, leia bc 50% all allies gain double crit chance (makes my soldier crit 100% of the time). It works.
  • Options
    Vinzo0913 wrote: »
    Currently run royal guard, geo sol, geo spy, sun fac and leia. Royal guard bc debilitation, leia bc 50% all allies gain double crit chance (makes my soldier crit 100% of the time). It works.

You don't have a leader?

Leia is the only one with a lead ability and it only includes Rebels (herself in that squad).

What rank can you get with that squad?
  • Options
    Also crit chance up doesn't double the chance it just adds 25%. The buff icon is quite misleading.
  • BigBP
    63 posts Member
    Options
    So in latest news I now have an Ig88(L),Poggle, GeoS, GeoSpy, wnd Sun Fac Team that floats in the 100's in arena. I'm doing fairly well I'd say. Sometimes I push into the Top 100, but depending on the zeta, it can be quite the hurdle to overcome. Does decent against ZQWGJ leads tho
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how well sun and gspy would work under zaul and 2 siths. Seems good on paper, especially against buff happy Chaze, Rex and Gen kenobi.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    For you bug lovers, I came across this team on my alt account I had to play them just to try it out, I'm sure they could be very effective on offense.

https://youtu.be/xGZ-NyVoac0
  • Darth_Gerbil
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    I love spy in arena. He thing is pac sun doesn't mesh well with spy for setting up 40k plus one shots.

Yeah that definitely bugs me. Especially for r1 rebels.

I do 88 lead. It was suggested I swap out poggle for boba though.
  • BigBP
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Are you pwrforming better by swopping Poggle out for boba?
  • Options
    They should give a leader ability to them or a separatist tagged leader ability, maybe from Doku or a new Geo. Character
  • Options
    They might be getting the next rework considering they all got a character icon update
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    For you bug lovers, I came across this team on my alt account I had to play them just to try it out, I'm sure they could be very effective on offense.

https://youtu.be/xGZ-NyVoac0

Lol
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    BigBP wrote: »
    Where my geonosian lovers at?!?

So I'm currently running Phasma(L), GSpy, GSoldier,Sun Fac, and Poggle. I might switch Poggle in favor of someone else but still debating.

Try dooku lead, b2, poggle, GS, and phasma