Price of gems quadrupled!

Replies

• Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    The price for a 610 bag for me in Australia is $14.99, the 1340 bag is $30.99, the top crystal purchase is over $200. It's ridiculous that we have to pay so much more in Australia.

And you can't have guns.

LOL!
  • Options
    price it all the same. Everyone hates us Americans anyways, may as well own it and continue to be snobby and self centered!
  • Options
    Similar thing happened down here in Brazil back in June.

Vault was 59,99BRL and suddenly they raised 3x to 199,99BRL

And I don't care how much US players are paying in dollars. 99 for you should be 99 for us in our currency.

You are effectively paying the same amount US players are.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Clearly no one ever takes cost of living into fruition then again people really don't use their heads now a days

The US dollar is the global invoice currency. It would only make sense for EA/CG to denominate the dollar to all currencies. A mobile-game is not a factor towards cost of living, regardless of wherever you may live. If you can't afford to pay the price for something that is completely optional in a ftp game, then simply don't buy it.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    :|
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    6pqaqc8eDng.jpg
    uCldXEWy-dc.jpg

Ukraine

So you pay $8 for what I pay $30 for..... Yeah that sounds fair....
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    The price for a 610 bag for me in Australia is $14.99, the 1340 bag is $30.99, the top crystal purchase is over $200. It's ridiculous that we have to pay so much more in Australia.

And you can't have guns.

LOL!

You can own guns in Australia.
  • Options
    Price is not the same, I pay 519 SEK for the 7k crystal pack, which is 58 USD...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Clearly no one ever takes cost of living into fruition then again people really don't use their heads now a days

The US dollar is the global invoice currency. It would only make sense for EA/CG to denominate the dollar to all currencies. A mobile-game is not a factor towards cost of living, regardless of wherever you may live. If you can't afford to pay the price for something that is completely optional in a ftp game, then simply don't buy it.

On what do you think ea/cg based the price of crystals?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I believe they based the price of crystals on the US dollar. I know I didn't explicitly state that, but if you read what I posted you shouldn't of had a problem figuring it out. Also EA is listed as an American Developer and is headquartered in California, US. It's not a crime to make assumptions here and there.
  • Options

How much they can gouge out of each location?
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Price is not the same, I pay 519 SEK for the 7k crystal pack, which is 58 USD...

That's actually $61.50 US dollars according to google which sucks.
  • Options
    The 7k crystal pack is $79.99 for me. I'd rather the $61.50
  • Options

Uh....clearly this is to cover the shipping expenses. Getting crystals through Australian customs isn't cheap, you know.
  • Options
    I know for a fact there are people in the US that change their Google wallet account to Ukraine just to get cheaper gems, they have been doing this for months. Some of these people are in very high guilds. Brazil had low rates til they changed them a few months ago too.
  • Options
    I know for a fact there are people in the US that change their Google wallet account to Ukraine just to get cheaper gems, they have been doing this for months. Some of these people are in very high guilds. Brazil had low rates til they changed them a few months ago too.

Yeup, it's easy to do.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Crimea river.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Which is exactly why the prices are adjusted - so the value in US dollars is the same from country to country. If your prices recently jumped, you were likely getting a "good deal" relative to the rest of the world prior to the increase.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Which is exactly why the prices are adjusted - so the value in US dollars is the same from country to country. If your prices recently jumped, you were likely getting a "good deal" relative to the rest of the world prior to the increase.

If only we could convert our crystals back into cash then we could have some real arbitrage going on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Similar thing happened down here in Brazil back in June.

Vault was 59,99BRL and suddenly they raised 3x to 199,99BRL

And I don't care how much US players are paying in dollars. 99 for you should be 99 for us in our currency.

@DarthZannaH that's not how currency exchange rates work buddy
    You should have to pay the equivalent of 99 dollars for the same product.
    Why should I be punished for living in the United States of America and using the American dollar?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    Crimea river.

+1
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I believe they based the price of crystals on the US dollar. I know I didn't explicitly state that, but if you read what I posted you shouldn't of had a problem figuring it out. Also EA is listed as an American Developer and is headquartered in California, US. It's not a crime to make assumptions here and there.

I'm sorry if i wasnt clear enough. I meant to ask how they determine what crystals costs, not what currency they use. I think it's fair to assume they looked at what the average person is able to spend on non-essential things. They wouldnt sell anything if the price of 15710 crystals is about a months worth of pay for an average person (in the US).
    So it would make sence that in a country, with drastically lower wages, they would adjust the price, just to have the same target demograhpic as in the US.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage
    In a country like Isreal (see link above) spending $580,- on this game is ~2% of their average anual income, where that same $580,- is only ~1% of an average anual income in the US. So one could argue that crystals are twice as expensive in isreal if they cost the same as in the US. Fair or not, ea/cg their pricing strategy will probably not be as effective in low income countries, simply because people, even the ones with good jobs, will not be able to afford it. That is if the price of gems is the same world wide.
    From what I understand ea/cg actually had lower prices in lower income countries, but due to people abusing/exploiting they are currently changing that into a uniform price for the whole world. For what it's worth, i can totally understand the OP in thinking the price increases are outragious.
    What do you think is more unfair? Having lower prices in low income countries, or low income countries having to spend a way larger percentage of their income for the same crystals?
  • Darthdaddy81
    271 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

And you can't have guns.

LOL!

You can own guns in Australia.

You can, but the law says otherwise.

Edit: you can get a license to own them, but I don't need one for mine.
  • Options

I'm sorry if i wasnt clear enough. I meant to ask how they determine what crystals costs, not what currency they use. I think it's fair to assume they looked at what the average person is able to spend on non-essential things. They wouldnt sell anything if the price of 15710 crystals is about a months worth of pay for an average person (in the US).
    So it would make sence that in a country, with drastically lower wages, they would adjust the price, just to have the same target demograhpic as in the US.
    In a country like Isreal (see link above) spending $580,- on this game is ~2% of their average anual income, where that same $580,- is only ~1% of an average anual income in the US. So one could argue that crystals are twice as expensive in isreal if they cost the same as in the US. Fair or not, ea/cg their pricing strategy will probably not be as effective in low income countries, simply because people, even the ones with good jobs, will not be able to afford it. That is if the price of gems is the same world wide.
    From what I understand ea/cg actually had lower prices in lower income countries, but due to people abusing/exploiting they are currently changing that into a uniform price for the whole world. For what it's worth, i can totally understand the OP in thinking the price increases are outragious.
    What do you think is more unfair? Having lower prices in low income countries, or low income countries having to spend a way larger percentage of their income for the same crystals?

The problem is that people from wealthier countries are setting up accounts as if they were people on the poorer countries you mention. Thus taking advantage of what would be a fair system.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    OP just cut back on your food rations and leave the lights off and you'll still be able to afford crystals
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The problem is that people from wealthier countries are setting up accounts as if they were people on the poorer countries you mention. Thus taking advantage of what would be a fair system.

I mentioned that in 2nd to last paragraph. I totally understand the change, but it's still a mayor bummer for the people from those countries. Just calling them whiners or stating that it's fair is wrong imo.
  • Options
    Op, just move to Russia, you're gonna be there eventually once they take Ukraine back.
  • Options
    Diggah wrote: »
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Prices should be equivalent worldwide, regardless of your country or currency

Strong disagreement to that. Making things all US prices makes them unobtainable to anyone in a country that the US exploits for its wealth in the first place. I'm going out on a limb and saying this comment was left by someone in the US or equivalently wealthy country. If the living wage in Vietnam, for example, is 1/4 of what it is in the US, then the devs should totally charge 1/4 of the price for its (imaginary) goods. That is EQUITABLE. It gives everyone access, and from the devs perspective, is probably more likely to maximize their profit more anyway.

Someone find me a way to pay in a currency that makes it cheaper then. Currency exchange ftw.

I've been asking this question for years. Seems like it might be a good idea to become a "whale" in a place where the US dollar is much stronger!

• Options
    compared to mff pricing, swgoh undoubtly expensive
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I feel Americans should have free gems. The rest of the world should subsidize us since we have to go around everywhere spending money to keep the peace. It seems only fair.