Wedge and Biggs.

Prev134
Alexone
3646 posts Member
edited September 2016
So Wedge and Biggs have 155/153 speed, (so they are amongst the fastest toons in the game) and they can one shot 90-95% of all the characters in the game. I see nobody is doing anything about them. Ok.

Instead of asking for nerfs, (which i want to from the top of my lungs), i would just ask you how you beat this ridiculous duo with f2p characters if they go first. And they will, because they have more speed than St Han or Poe could ever muster.

Replies

• Options
    Je is then fastest in game, which in turn makes your droid team go before most teams, including wedge and biggs. Also rex can be ftp if you have enough patience to get him through shipments like me. It is possible because i did the same cody too, all for free. I beat those teams with rex lead easy. Also, you can get sthan 200-220 speed and combine it with a lando or ackbar lead, that can also make your team go first.
  • Options
    they are both ftp you know
  • Options
    Mods my friend. Mods
  • Options
    Bones wrote: »
    Je is then fastest in game, which in turn makes your droid team go before most teams, including wedge and biggs. Also rex can be ftp if you have enough patience to get him through shipments like me. It is possible because i did the same cody too, all for free. I beat those teams with rex lead easy. Also, you can get sthan 200-220 speed and combine it with a lando or ackbar lead, that can also make your team go first.

Droids will crit Biggs giving him 100% TM, and he'll use his assist on 88/86 which will surely be a OHKO
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I'd love to see how droids go about beating wiggs, palpakin and clone squads. Could anyone on a whale filled shard put a vid together?
  • Options
    If I made this thread everyoen would start trolling and say I'm drying for nerf
  • Options
    Thats because you run droids markus, you can hardly complain about anything being OP or going first if you run droids.
  • Options

markusfive wrote: »
    If I made this thread everyoen would start trolling and say I'm drying for nerf

First of all i am not calling nerf on everything i see like you and second of all, read again. I didn't ask for nerfs this time around. Although they sure as heck deserve one.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not impressed facing the duo, maybe I am running something that works against them that prevents that damage..........
  • Options
    thats right complain more, by the time you ppl are done with the game, there wont be a game anymore, stop complaining and learn how to play.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I highly doubt Wedge and Biggs will b the only 2 characters w/ that type of synergy. I think we can expect to see a lot more. Say...Kit and Aayla, Emperor and Vader, Anakin and Ahsoka, Maul and Savage etc. I would bet it's coming. Just give it time.
  • Options
    thats right complain more, by the time you ppl are done with the game, there wont be a game anymore, stop complaining and learn how to play.

Thank you for your constructive response! It's because of people like you that others are calling for nerfs. I would like to learn how to play, except i don't know how to. Especially with this pair simply one shotting one of my toons before i can act. What does 'learn how to play' mean in this case? Getting a higher speed Wiggs for myself to prevent it?

On a side note, do droids actually work against this? I know JE has a lot more speed, but like trrrey said, if you even think about doing aoe, Biggs will gain tm and probably one shot someone.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Thank you for your constructive response! It's because of people like you that others are calling for nerfs. I would like to learn how to play, except i don't know how to. Especially with this pair simply one shotting one of my toons before i can act. What does 'learn how to play' mean in this case? Getting a higher speed Wiggs for myself to prevent it?

On a side note, do droids actually work against this? I know JE has a lot more speed, but like trrrey said, if you even think about doing aoe, Biggs will gain tm and probably one shot someone.

my pleasure, glad to help a genius like yourself. now go forth and multiply, your highness
  • Options
    Unfortunately the only guy on my server running this duo has the same reset as me and his wedge is still only 6* and crushing me. Key to his team is Sun Fac as my STH goes first but then AOE and Sun Fac debuffs him. Changing my team a little today and we'll see.

I also almost have Han fully geared (Only 6*) and will like start using him to try and stun Fac (though his tenacity is through the roof with mods) or stun the heavy hitters and try to take the other out first?

I'm not F2P but haven't spent on toons and just went nuts on Lando and don't feel like it with wedge. Bed I'm making...
  • Options
    Team is not that hard to beat. I'm not FTP, but I switched from this team to one without them, which does much better in arena. This team will lose to a Rex, anakin, lando team
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    How to beat
    Han solo -> stun wedge than kill wedge
    Tanky team to survive the opening hit than kill wedge

Kill wedge Kill wedge kill wedge.

Shock biggs and kill wedge.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    How to beat
    Han solo -> stun wedge than kill wedge
    Tanky team to survive the opening hit than kill wedge

Kill wedge Kill wedge kill wedge.

Shock biggs and kill wedge.

lol. nawty. spoon feeding his highness lol
  • Options
    Wedge is 110 speed and Buggs is 108.
  • Options

^
  • Options

You forgot to add the +45 though from wedge's unique.

@Scorpion1980 Isn't trolling in your mid 30s lame?
  • Options
    Stop trolling, you know it's OP and that nothing else comes remotely close to their damage output. Justify how a fighter pilot who dies after a pat on the back should be more powerful than the lead character of the recent movie? Justify how yoda, the master, gets owned by everythingn and has zero health and damage. You all use the movies and canon to justify how OP toons are OP such as palp, hes the main baddy and should be OP... Come on, the game needs balancing, it's become really annoying knowing you lose based on 1 mod. How one mod can completely make or break pvp success vs these op squads is a JOKE. It's just an aweful system and game at the moment.
  • Options
    ha ha. shame. you mad, stop posting nerf threads, then ill stop trolling
  • Options
    @scuba Don't you think Biggs should be getting stunned first? Otherwise he will still call Wedge after he wakes up from his stun. Anyway basing your whole game's outcome on a single stun from Han Solo is borderline ridiculous. If it fails you lose.

• Options
    ha ha. shame. you mad, stop posting nerf threads, then ill stop trolling

Well like i said in my original post, which you clearly didn't read, i was asking for suggestions not a nerf call. This time.
  • Options
    Calling it unbalanced and saying it is ruining the game is a fact. The answer to solve that is a nerf. There is a difference between calling for a nerf and stating the reasons why it is necessary.
  • Options
    they both are f2p. i rest my case.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Your case is slim at best, because if you're saying that you need Wiggs to counter Wiggs then you are basically calling for a nerf. You should really stop calling for nerfs and learn to play.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @scuba Don't you think Biggs should be getting stunned first? Otherwise he will still call Wedge after he wakes up from his stun. Anyway basing your whole game's outcome on a single stun from Han Solo is borderline ridiculous. If it fails you lose.

If you try to stun biggs first anday Han solo crits the stun is wasted cause biggs just gains 100% tm stun wears off and than normal tm gain starts.

Wiggs team winning is a lot based on the first move and I provided a first move that can help beat it.

The other solution I provided, which I use, is a Tanky team to survive the intial move.

The entire game outcome is not based on stunning wedge first, the entire games outcome is not even based on just arena. There are may parts to this game, and not getting top 20 everytime you can still progress in the game.
  • Options

That isn't an excuse for them to be massively unbalanced.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

[/quote]

The entire game outcome is not based on stunning wedge first, the entire games outcome is not even based on just arena. There are may parts to this game, and not getting top 20 everytime you can still progress in the game.[/quote]

What do you mean?