Upcoming forest moon event

Prev1
I noticed that an endor event is coming soon again, does anyone remember what characters were required for the event?

Replies

• Options
    HK lead, 86, 88, and RG (with a throw away Magnaguard) was easy mode on this event last time. But they are adding an uber-nasty higher tier just like with the Military Might event we just had. I hope you got your Palpatine.
  • Options
    Im going in all droids. HK L, 88, 86, B2, Gen Grievous. All maxed and ready to go

That should be the DPS I need. If not, I'll figure out who to replace with Papa Palpatine.

Definitely looking forward to it.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Thinking that self-healing will be huge. With EP lead, EP and Vader can top themselves off easily. Snowtrooper will take a lot of turns and boost tm. RG of course. No idea who to use as a 5th.
  • Options
    Will it be only for maxed toons or will there be something for developing characters?
  • Options
    curious though, does anybody still need ewok shards? kind of expect they wont be as useful for next raid
  • Options
    curious though, does anybody still need ewok shards? kind of expect they wont be as useful for next raid

I think you get vader shards and some credits for the achievement. So there is that .
  • Options
    I haven't maxed Scout (60/100) up to now, and Chirpa is at 37/50 - so: yes, I need ewok shards =)
  • Options
    Chip...those ewoks are all jacked up on mountain dew...

Prolly got rabies too...
  • Options
    Sounds like they have this tuned to require mods. Since my droids/empire toons don't have mods, I'm not sure I'll even attempt this one.

I understand them increasing the difficulty, but they already added a difficulty tier. Seems like the better option would be to have tier 1 stayed the same, and added tier 2 and maybe a tier 3. Oh well. One day, I'll get there. :)
  • Options
    Will it be only for maxed toons or will there be something for developing characters?

Says in the description intended for 78+. So not really for new players no
    942-122-371
  • Options
    Last time, event was super easy with a maxed droid team.
    I 'm eager to try my new Palpatine though.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    I'm gonna love adding Palpy to Hk-47, IG-88, IG-86 and Vader. Gonna take those furry beasts down! :D
  • Options
    Am I screwed without Palp? I'm running HK lead 6* lvl 80 g7, 86 7* lvl 80 g9, 88 7* lvl 80 g8, Vader 5* lvl 80 g8, RG 7* lvl 80 g10. Just trying to beat tier 1.
  • Options
    I never did this event last time around. Wasn't high enough level. I now have some half decent chars though.

If I can get HK47 to level 80 I can Omega his leader ability and then have:
    HK(l), 7*, 80, gear 8, leader Omega
    IG88, 7*, 80, gear 8, no Omega
    IG86, 7*, 80, gear 8, Omega basic
    Vader, 5*, 80, gear 9, no Omega
    RG, 5*, 80, gear 8, no Omega

Is this team going to cut it?
  • Options
    ^^^ about the same as me. Wondering when the event will begin.
  • KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I used the same team apart from Vader (I used Snowtrooper) and was able to beat it pretty reliably. Now, I have no chance of defeating the bonus tier (which is fine - I don't have strong Empire or Droids) but with some modding, I think the regular tier is probably within reach.

Think the event begins in about 48 hours, there was an official announcement about it on the forum.

EDIT - My RG was maxed, G10. Snowtrooper was (and still is) 6* Level 75.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure last time HK-47 was the key to beating this if you had a relatively underpowered team. Nothing else really mattered.
  • Options
    So as far as mods is concerned, is survivability the key? i.e. health mods? Or should we be trying to further maxmise crit chance for droids? Are debuffs a problem - so tenacity mods?
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Am I screwed without Palp? I'm running HK lead 6* lvl 80 g7, 86 7* lvl 80 g9, 88 7* lvl 80 g8, Vader 5* lvl 80 g8, RG 7* lvl 80 g10. Just trying to beat tier 1.

If you Omega'd Hk-47's lead then that team should be good to go.
  • Options
    So as far as mods is concerned, is survivability the key? i.e. health mods? Or should we be trying to further maxmise crit chance for droids? Are debuffs a problem - so tenacity mods?

I think survivability is the key to this event. I don't think you really have to worry about debuffing anything thrown at you from the Ewoks.

The key is killing the Ewok Scouts (who hit real hard) and then the Ewok Elders so that they can't revive the Scouts. Hk-47 and IG-88's AOE help to land debuffs and spread damage. Vader helps too with his AOE + culling blade combo.

I would think Palpy (if you have him) will help too with his AOE, and also with his leader abilities if you are going to run an Empire team.

I will run Hk-47 as the lead for my droids and add Palpy and Vader for AOE galore.
  • Options
    I was unable to do the event last time and sure could use the 10 Vader shards from the achievement along with any Scout shards they pass out since he is my only non-maxed Ewok. I will run the following team and hope for the best. All Level 80 with 7 Abilities Minimum and strong Mods.

Palpatine (L) 7* Gear X
    Vader 5* Gear X
    RG 7* Gear X
    IG-86 7* Gear X
    IG-88 6* Gear IX

I have Snowtrooper 5* and Magmatrooper 7* but they won't be geared up for another week or two, in preparation for the Potency Mod Challenge.
  • Options
    I feel like gear 9 will be a minimum requirement otherwise the scouts will OKHO
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Unless they seriously buffed the Ewoks tenacity, Palp's AOE stun will be sick in T1
  • Options
    This is the 2nd time this comes and i am still not ready for it. *Sniff*
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I feel like gear 9 will be a minimum requirement otherwise the scouts will OKHO

Yeah, I agree. The Scouts hit real hard so toons will need to be geared pretty well to avoid getting one-shot.
  • Options
    Ill be running Palp(7* g10) lead, Vader(5* 81/85 g10), RG(6* g8), Tarkin(7* lvl 75 g8), and either 5* gear 7 lvl 75 IG88, or i have 6*(waiting to be promoted to 7*) magmatrooper gear7 lvl 63.. Think this will cut it? Prolly no chance at tier 2 tho.
  • Options
    How long is this event up for again?

I haven't Omega'd HK47 lead - but if it's up for 3 days - I can do it.
  • Options
    If it's like the Empire one, it will be up mid-day Thursday to mid-day Sunday US timezones.

Also, the Omega Events are supposed to start tomorrow so that will help you.

Here's the lineup I plan to run:

47 - 7*/80/G9 - omega basic
    88 - 7*/80/G10
    100 - 7*/80/G10 - omega AoE
    86 - 7*/80/G9
    B2 - 5*/80/G8

I expect to shred T1 and make a strong run at T2. Just like in Dark Side battles, my droids will miss their little buddy JE...
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    If it's like the Empire one, it will be up mid-day Thursday to mid-day Sunday US timezones.

Also, the Omega Events are supposed to start tomorrow so that will help you.

Here's the lineup I plan to run:

47 - 7*/80/G9 - omega basic
    88 - 7*/80/G10
    100 - 7*/80/G10 - omega AoE
    86 - 7*/80/G9
    B2 - 5*/80/G8

I expect to shred T1 and make a strong run at T2. Just like in Dark Side battles, my droids will miss their little buddy JE...
    you will be very close to beating tier 2 it seems. Maybe try to get B2 to gear 9..?

• Options
    You can click the circled 'i' on the event icon to get more info too. :) Gives hints about unites and such.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107