Will Grevious always be THE shard shop exclusive?

Prev1
Yes, this is also a sneaky way of asking if he will be released elsewhere anytime soon :)

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    He's been there since they introduced him so I doubt he'll wind up anywhere else at this point.
  • Options
    I Hope he gets released somewhere else at some point and someone else replaces him. Maybe Jedi Luke.
  • Options
    It would be a slap in the face to anyone who farmed him there just to have him be moved to GW shipments let say.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    It would be a slap in the face to anyone who farmed him there

Any more than people spending 300 dollars on aurodium exclusives like Wedge?

• Options
    It would be a slap in the face to anyone who farmed him there

Any more than people spending 300 dollars on aurodium exclusives like Wedge?

Way, way, way more.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Maybe so
  • Options
    Love u Pyramid, but I felt like I had to be mischievous. I'm good now. Mischief managed.
  • Options
    That's just his home. I'd LOVE for him to have a friend join him soon though.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No one knows if Grievous will always stay in the shard shop, technically he is available to everyone, without spending money.

If characters WERE intended to be 100% p2p only, I'm sure the character would be identified as such. Just saying...
  • Options
    Well, that would make him the only character to not become more accessible by some measure
  • Options
    Lets just say that the possibilty of him becoming available some where else is definitely a reality. I am currently saving shard shop tokens for him myself. If he does become available else where I am sure there will be the usual unfair claims. If you are inclined to call this unfair when and if it happens please do me a favour, stop collecting shards now and wait patiently for an indefinite period of time hoping to farm him from GW. Otherwise goodluck with the shard shop, it is hard to maintain the commitment required now that raid gear is available in shard shop. **** you EA ; ).
  • Options
    I did the grind to unlock him. Wouldn't bother me if he became available in other places.
    With that being said, he has 3 slots in the shop. 2 could be used for other toons while keeping him there.
    The general is only used in gw for me on my "c" squad because I stopped at his unlock.
  • DronGarath
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It would be a slap in the face to anyone who farmed him there just to have him be moved to GW shipments let say.

Completley agree.
  • Options
    Yes, this is also a sneaky way of asking if he will be released elsewhere anytime soon :)

Thanks
    Why don't you do the grind as others have?
  • Options
    He'll always be A Shard Shop exclusive.

Will he always be THE exclusive? Dunno. Maybe they'll eventually have a couple different characters cycling in and out.

I could see them having an event sometime that gives a couple shards. Maybe one that requires having him unlocked already.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    95/100, i'm almost finish!!! I've start in march...
  • Options

Knowing CG they'd probably move him to a cantina node after the level cap increase :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    95/100, i'm almost finish!!! I've start in march...
    Nice! Congratulations!

I started about the same time, but have taken a break after unlocking him, then another break after having gotten his fifth star. I'll start on the 6th star soon, but won't be seriously pursuing it for a month or two--too many good characters in Arena shipments to get up to speed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this actually. I see it as a possibility that a new toon will be a shard shop exclusive after one year anniversary. But i doubt grevious will move. Just be cheaper perhaps. Either way i still intend to farm him out.
  • Options
    I could see them offering packs to buy him.
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

NicWester wrote: »

orly
  • Options

orly

Lol game set match! RIP those who farmed grevious the long way, I feel your sorrow

• Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

orly

Lol game set match! RIP those who farmed grevious the long way, I feel your sorrow

I grieve for them
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

orly

I grieve for them

The general population would too
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I suspected as much. Now he will surely become cheaper. Why else would someone pay 15 to 1 shard exchange rate for an easily accessible char?
  • Options
    I have never ever been more filled with rage at CG than right now.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    I have never ever been more filled with rage at CG than right now.

I genuinely do feel sorry for you buddy. I think tent really shoudve kept him exclusive to shard shop it's only fair. People will probably say 'but you had all this time to unlock and use him', but the cost and time to unlock him is so great, that by introducing him in the shop now is just a slap to the face :/

Not that I farmed him so I'm happy personally that I can get him, but I understand your pain
  • Options
    Well I was pretty cool with ships. Even ready to bust out some money to kick off ship building, but then I saw Grevious in the shipments. Out of the question now. I was okay with him being B tier despite the effort I sank into the build, I am not okay with all that effort being trivialized. You will get not a dime from me.