Anyone else think the Shard Shop is a rip-off?

I would like to see a guild trading or donation for shards. Having to trade 20 shards to get 2 is a little bit outrageous.

Replies

• Options
    I dont think its that bad in terms of getting vader shards. But to get grevious shards its stupid over priced. To get 5 for him its almost 1200 shard currency, but for other characters its 8 shards for that price. I mean whats better 8 Vader shards or 5 Gen. Grevious shards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shard trading in a guild would lead to abuse through alt account farming.
  • Options
    Glad we got it. Used to be a time when extra shards just went to nowhere. Now you can get something for them. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nah its the same with gear donations.

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    Glad we got it. Used to be a time when extra shards just went to nowhere. Now you can get something for them. :)

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Agree. Just blow em on grievous. Have a five and a half star grievous without even really farming him.
  • Options
    Someone show me anything in this game that isn't a "ripoff".

Remember to compare it to other games with better graphics, strategy, content, balance, ect.

I'll be waiting.
  • Options
    I swap my shards for raid gear and I think it's great. I wish you'd get a little more but at least now I have another place to get raid gear
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »

Remember to compare it to other games with better graphics, strategy, content, balance, ect.

I'll be waiting.

If it's so bad to you why do you play?
  • Options

I'll be waiting.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

I'll be waiting.

I don't, I haven't played since early summer and before mods. I just troll forums because it's fun. And you still haven't showed me something in this game that isn't a ripoff
  • Options

I'll be waiting.

I don't, I haven't played since early summer and before mods. I just troll forums because it's fun. And you still haven't showed me something in this game that isn't a ripoff

The forums. As you have chosen to experience yourself, the entertainment is free and the drama is priceless and non-stop. It's like sitting home during a workday with a tub of moose tracks ice cream and watching telenovelas when all you speak is a few spanish phrases here and there.
  • Options

This!
  • Options
    Rather spend it there than farm Initiate and Tusken raider
  • Options
    The OP have a point. Yes, having a Shard Shop is better than nothing, but Grievous is freaking expensive and I would like tohave a better use/profit from my shards. Maybe if the shard exchange rate was a little bit better and we could have a better range of characters, even at random chance, in Shard Shop...
  • Options
    the shard shop is a rip-off, no doubt

but meh, it is not the most rip-off part of the game, not even close

what about the guild currency shop, 16,500 guild currency for 50 furnance pieces (and bring your own blowdryers), when the furnance sells for just 1,400 crystals?

or the gear packs, giving you all unneeded purples?

or character packs? dropping way more f2p heroes than p2p ones?

shard shop exists because when you get 20+ lumi shards, it gets converted to sth useful, instead of sticking out like a sore thumb : D
  • Options

I'll be waiting.

When you don't pay real money, nothing in the game is a "ripoff"