Drop rate when close to Unlocking toons!?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It took me 372 cantina energy to get my final Wedge shard yesterday. Nuff said!
  • Options
    This is true
  • Options
    Confirmation bias, only a few seem to understand this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    LOL... I was farming for a set of cuffs one time (or maybe it was a stun gun... don't remember). I started a thread out here when I went 0 for 20. I wanted to see how far it got before I landed that last one. It got up to 33, then I simmed 3 battles and caught one. So in that instance, it took somewhere between 33-36 sims for me to drop one pair of cuffs.
  • Options
    It's not confirmation bias. Been playing for 12 months and seen this happen time and again, more often with shards as opposed to gear.

My personal favourite: 3 shards away from 7* Dengar, he doesn't show up in shipments for a week straight. Right after I finally finished him, he's in shipments for 72 hours straight AND shard shop 2 days in a row lol.
  • Options
    Yep i remember before i 7*ed anakin it happened during the last 4 shards.. Took me like 1.5 days to get 4 shards..

But when farming the 8* energy Lando node it seems like i got him real easy..(during the palp event)

I do spend money on the game though somtimes. Like when i needed a full stun cuff for anakin i bought one. And have bought a few furnaces. But i dont spend money when i feel forced too. Guess i just have to wait it out, maybe will get them at 7pm when my arena resets.. Will be able to try another refresh.

This seems to be a thing but more to the point; Drop rates have always been tweaked. I worked in the game industry & understand the micromanaging they do. I can only imagine this is even worse w/ a game such as this because players interest will inevitably wain if they run out of interesting toons to farm & clearly EA/Capital cannot keep up w/ the pace.

Lando was definitely a fast farm. I farmed him at that same time & it was blarringly obvious they buffed the dro0 rates en lieu of the Scoundrel drought/Scoundrel promotions & events. I started keeping track after 4☆. I averaged almst 38% w/ Lando. Before my cirrent farm, Jawa was the slowest at 26%.

Now im farming Aayla & its taken me 2-1/2months to get her past 4☆ +10. Its ridiculous. Believe it or not, Im farming her at a rate of 12%. Let me repeat that...12 freak'n percent!!! I regularly have zero or 1 shard days. Keep in mind that I do NOT refresh. My friend is also experiencing the same extremely low farm rate.

I have about 25 shards to go & im estimating it to take another 8 days because Capital has thrown a governor on her.

Unless youre dying for Aayla, look elsewhere.

Were tracking (loosely) ScarifPathfinder in our guild between 3 people & were seeing an average farm rate of about 33%.
  • Options
    I am FTP, and used to think this as well. However, I have had no issues of late with this. I will have random periods of 'poor drop rate', but when they start I go away for a while, then come back and usually get what I am aiming at. I also only sim in groups of 3, just a personal habit. Except for purple gear, that I sometimes do as a 5 simmer. I reached star/unlock goals for 5-6 toons this weekend, with no decrease along the way. In fact, I felt like I was on a lucky run.

Respectfully buddy, I think your missing the point. Most people ONLY notice the trends when theyre extreme. Plus, it has a lot to do w/ who you are farming, so youve probably been focusing on older/easier toons who they dnt alter. The RNG is not some perfectly balance lottery system. It can be modified in several ways. Im sure its worse now w/ the inception of FtP games. Its true.
  • Options
    I usually think drop rate posts are unfounded but I agree with this one.

That's the thing about having rewards not set, they can implement anything they want to maximize profits.
  • Options
    Biermann wrote: »
    Sarryen wrote: »
    the cantina drops do seem very 'patchy'. i have had full refreshes with no shards at all, but when farming lando recently i was averaging a 50% drop rate for over a week. so it does balance out.

Lando was easy farm with good drop rates for me as well. I was afraid something is broken when I got like 7 shards from 8 battles :)

Generally I think it's only about luck. Somedays it's better and some worse and main problem is that our brain is more likely to remember "bad luck" than "good luck".

That's what I was thinking too; it's not necessarily that the RNG gets worse, but that we're perceiving it to be worse.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Needed 20 shards to get Shore to 5*. Pack says 10-30 shards. 1st pack 10 of course, 2nd pack 25...to entice me to try for 6*. Shameless.

I know that 6 more packs would contain 10 and then miraculously 30 would show up in the 7th one putting me 20 shards towards 7*. Not 2 b trusted. He'll b 5* until he becomes farmable which is pretty much when he will become obsolete.
  • Options
    Completely agree the drop rates do seem to dry up near the end, one of my guild mates said if you're in no rush for the toon let the shards pile up and over

(Don't upgrade at 4 stars 5 stars etc so you have 180/80 or whatever) he said when it's like that drop rates seem to like you more lol