Mod Tier colors for the color blind

I'm color blind and have issues seeing the differences in the Mod tier colors. To me it only looks like there are Blue and Yellow mods. The Purple and Blue look very similar and the Yellow and Green look very similar. Any chance we could get the colors changed so they are a bit more unique?

Replies

• Options
    They have letter designations. Also the number of secondary stats showing at level 1 tells you everything you need to know before you invest.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Serya wrote: »
    I'm color blind and have issues seeing the differences in the Mod tier colors. To me it only looks like there are Blue and Yellow mods. The Purple and Blue look very similar and the Yellow and Green look very similar. Any chance we could get the colors changed so they are a bit more unique?

Color change to? I think you'd propose something by yourself
  • Options
    You can distinguish them by looking at the amount of "waves" and "ticks":
    no ticks (grey-green) = level 1-2
    Two tick (green-blue) = level 3-4
    Four ticks (blue) = level 5
    Six ticks (blue-purple) = level 6-7
    Six ticks, 2 of them connected (purple)= level 8
    six ticks, all connected (purple) = level 9
    six ticks connected, 2 half-waves (purple) = level 10
    six ticks connected, 2 waves (purple-gold) = level 11-12

It might be difficult to distinguish 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 (but really, the difference in fact is minimal, you won't need to distinguish them really). The most difficult is 6-7, that might be a problem, but still the time you'll be playing with 6-7 gear characters is very limited.
    To help you, gear level is written in Roman numbers under the character rendering. You can also enable, since Android Lollipop, color correction in developer settings.
    May the Force be with you, always.
  • Options
    Correct me if im wrong, but op was talking about mod colors, not gear markings
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Correct me if im wrong, but op was talking about mod colors, not gear markings
    I was going to say something snarky about reading comprehension, but instead I'll just say that I believe you are correct.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    They have letter designations. Also the number of secondary stats showing at level 1 tells you everything you need to know before you invest.

what about when looking at your own inventory... I think that devs should implement it - maybe easiest way is just to change colors...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i would also like it to be visable at first glance wich mod was wich quality when you have multiple lvl12+ mods. I really dislike it that they all turn gold at lvl 12.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If on iOS, try the new colorblind filters in the Accessibility settings. They helped me.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If on iOS, try the new colorblind filters in the Accessibility settings. They helped me.

Looks like it's a new feature in iOS 10. I will update my phone and give it a try. Thanks!

• Options
    The only color that matters is yellow ;)
  • Options
    Get the Yellow!!!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Same prob with me. I'm a little colorblind so all I see is yellow and blue. And quite frankly everyday I have to click on them to see how many secondaries they have and it juat reminds me how insensetive the designers were. This is a very known problem in gaming and lots of game makers design their games appropriately.

Insensitive lol
  • Options
    So upgrading to iOS 10 and using the color filters did help a bunch. The upgrade is huge though and does take a while to do but I guess we would be doing it eventually anyways.

Thanks a bunch for the tip @PhiGonSharobi
  • Options

2 words: inverted colors

It's an option on both iOS and Android...
  • Options
    So upgrading to iOS 10 and using the color filters did help a bunch. The upgrade is huge though and does take a while to do but I guess we would be doing it eventually anyways.

Thanks a bunch for the tip @PhiGonSharobi

No problem! Glad it helped.
  • Options
    Just invest in some Encroma glasses...