Why are updates slowing down?

Dekayingsoul
632 posts Member
edited September 2016
It was only a few months ago when @ea_jesse posted that we would receive a new update every week but since the release of mods they have become rare. With just 2 real updates in August (not promises of things that have yet to happen) and only 1 so far this month (community updates time frames says next one will not be until next month), what's going on?
Could we at least start seeing an effort by the people who run the game that most of us love. Lol Teebo has been broken, and acknowledged, since April. They said it would take a game rework to fix his stealth in raids, it would take time but they were working on it. Going on 6 months now for that problem, while I don't ever expect that to be fixed because it would make an already easy raid even easier, the lack of follow through is disturbing. 2 events that were set to be released in the last 4 weeks have been canceled and/or pushed back with no time frame of their release, it's no wonder why thousands of players quit and were able to get a full refund of all the money they spent on this game.
I am (and everyone I have met on this game so far) not asking to fix what has been done, but can we see some semblance of accountability/follow through. Not just ditching ideas you had to try to come up with another "hook" to keep players invested. We are already invested!!!
Post edited by Dekayingsoul on

Replies

• Options
    I'm surprised that you're surprised that they're not doing what they say. This is Par for the course.
  • Options
    I'm surprised that you're surprised that they're not doing what they say. This is Par for the course.

Definitely.
  • Options

Didn't say I was surprised, I said it was disturbing. Feel free to re-read the post again.
  • Options
    I'd prefer fewer update. They should be taking their time, focusing on the larger ones, making sure they work properly. Instead of pushing shoddy updates weekly, a quality update, once a month is better for the game.
  • Options
    Having spent a great deal of time in software development I can tell you that overhyping and under delivering is the norm and usually accepted by management.
    I never tolerated that on my project teams and instead freed futures and built a team that could actually deliver on time every time.

As for the new raid, my speculation would be they had a major scope creep with it (perhaps it was ships perhaps it is the level cap increase, who knows).
  • Options
    I'd prefer fewer update. They should be taking their time, focusing on the larger ones, making sure they work properly. Instead of pushing shoddy updates weekly, a quality update, once a month is better for the game.

Is Ewok event considered a quality update? That's what we received this month.

Not hoping to get the wheel re-invented, but would like to see @ea_jesse bend down and pick that mic back up and use it like he claimed.
  • Options
    Jesse promised informational updates weekly and to my recollection has missed 2 since that announcement. As for game updates, they happen about every other week. Not sure why that's not often enough for people.
  • Options

Is Ewok event considered a quality update? That's what we received this month.

Not hoping to get the wheel re-invented, but would like to see @ea_jesse bend down and pick that mic back up and use it like he claimed.

Is the month over? And if the next update is a rework of PvP, the addition of Ships, and potentially the new Raid, what's another week or two.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    As for game updates, they happen about every other week. Not sure why that's not often enough for people.

If you go back and check, before mods were released we were getting 3,4 and sometimes 5 a month. Since then we have got 2 last month and 1 this month (I do realize the month is not over).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse promised informational updates weekly and to my recollection has missed 2 since that announcement. As for game updates, they happen about every other week. Not sure why that's not often enough for people.

^^^ There was nothing promised about actual updates to the game just a "Community Update"

As to why now updates to the game in a while, my guess is they are trying to actually release something with out bugs, the new raid and this is where the teams efforts are. The last few game "updates" have been some events to tide us over til the new raid is done.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i haven't bothered reading this thread, but i count 5 developer updates and 1 game update in september. That's more than 1 per week on average, so what are you complaining about? lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I think it is again a confusion on words and meaning.

Game Update: Actual update to the game where you get the annoying client restart message than find out they fixed/broke or added something cool. Last one was on 09/13/16

Community Update: EA/CG tells us what has been going on and what may be coming down the road. Completely informational. Last on was 09/22/16

The OP I am 99.9% sure is asking about an update to the game itself which the last one was 09/13/16
  • Options
    As for game updates, they happen about every other week. Not sure why that's not often enough for people.

If you go back and check, before mods were released we were getting 3,4 and sometimes 5 a month. Since then we have got 2 last month and 1 this month (I do realize the month is not over).

I invite you to check out the buried forum threads based on dates the updates came out. On almost all of them there was an outcry of the develepors not testing before they released. After recent posts I've seen about them looking for QA people, I am hoping that the delay in updates is that they are doing better checking for bugs or massively game-changing effects (like we saw with the initial release of mods).

• Options
    people really require an update once a week? once a month is plenty of you ask me. i could go longer than that myself. quality over quantity any day.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    people really require an update once a week? once a month is plenty of you ask me. i could go longer than that myself. quality over quantity any day.

Ooohwee. Part of that quality is through weekly updates for bug fixes though.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i haven't bothered reading this thread, but i count 5 developer updates and 1 game update in september. That's more than 1 per week on average, so what are you complaining about? lol

Haha, yup. I'm still laughing.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    It takes time to code and test. It takes time.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »

Ooohwee. Part of that quality is through weekly updates for bug fixes though.

i'll give you that one. hadn't thought about for bug fixes.
  • Options

And we are now at 2 updates this month with one next week.
  • Options
    maybe op asking about significant update, fist creep droid and weedge just another optional grind that added on a content that everyone almost completed long time ago.
    not sure if server downtime announcement should considered as dev update
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

No but the problem is the game up dates are getting brutal and has not changed the problem of fighting the same team over and over ..... Plus as much as I like getting eaten by rankor or battling the pigs over and over till I'm blue in face, the need to add more depth/ verity of battles.

This is proven by me kicking 6 people in last 3 weeks because of inactivity.