Discussion: Poe and FOTP

DarthNight
17 posts Member
edited January 2016
@CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @EA_Jesse
Qeltar wrote: »
...characters overdue for nerfing:
1. Poe - No character should be able to act first in a fight and then knock down all enemy turn bars so that his team all goes before yours does. There is no counter-play to this at all, except getting lucky with RNG. He can even act before Dooku now, who was the only one before who had even a chance to stop him. That's bad design. The fact that he taunts and exposes just makes it worse.

More information about POE can be found at:
  1. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6859/
  2. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4796/
  3. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5464/
Qeltar wrote: »
...characters overdue for nerfing:
2. FOTP - Broken (attacks more than he should), broken (at 7* has the damage of a glass cannon and health of a tank), his base attack is so overpowered that there's actually no reason to use his second attack, and has advantage ALL THE TIME where many other characters have to blow a special to get it.

More information about FOTP can can be found at:
  1. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5464/
  2. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6445/fotp-is-life
  3. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6022/fotp-in-top-end-arena
  4. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5975/fotp-extremely-unbalanced
  5. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5148/figured-out-why-fotp-is-so-op

Replies

• Options
    Just wondering at what star level fotp becomes a viable option for arena
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    He is always viable if you protect him, it's just at 7* he gets a BIG health boost. That said I usually only use my 5* in challenges and galactic war
  • Options
    I agree you need to use a taunt with him. Mines is 5* G7 very mean.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And keep in mind the health boost is a bug and will diminish, although attack will increase.

At 7 star he changes from agi to str based which is incorrect for a ranged character, that is what results in the high hp increase and actually losing damage with the final star.
  • Options
    Sonit might be better to leave at 6* if you plan to hide him behind Poe?
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    This would really bite if they nerfed thsee 2 characters. They were a challenge and it is a struggle against them. Therefore, I got them and poured every resource I had into thrm, including Cantina credits. For the longest time they were weak and I could not utilize them against others players. I just got to a point where they are useful to me. My FOTP just got to 6* today and Poe got to 5* yesterday.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    This would really bite if they nerfed thsee 2 characters. They were a challenge and it is a struggle against them. Therefore, I got them and poured every resource I had into thrm, including Cantina credits. For the longest time they were weak and I could not utilize them against others players. I just got to a point where they are useful to me. My FOTP just got to 6* today and Poe got to 5* yesterday.

They should nerf it but not destroy the two characters. For example, CG can simply remove the turn meter reduction that Poe does.
  • Options

The problem is that they outclass every other Hero in their position. FOTP outclasses all other damage dealer and its not even close. And Poe is far superior to any other Tank taunter. This was the same with Barris who outclassed every other healer before her nerf
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Fwiw I'll second this nerf request. Fotp still attacks 3 times sometimes, although a high lvl fotp often kills my guys in 2. 3* fotp does comparable damage to my 7* Luke. At 7* fotp out classes Luke in every way, as he does with every other glass cannon. A basic attack should not be better then a special, nor should it be able to 1 hit chars.
    At the moment, I believe poe is even stronger. I have both hero's and really hope they get nerfed. Poe with less speed or tenacity will still be very strong. Fotp needs in the neighborhood of 25% damage reduction to basic attack. At least that way he would need poggles buff to 1 hit anyone!
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    meanpride wrote: »

The problem is that they outclass every other Hero in their position. FOTP outclasses all other damage dealer and its not even close. And Poe is far superior to any other Tank taunter. This was the same with Barris who outclassed every other healer before her nerf

Exactly that's why they need a change or everyone will be running same team and what fun is that
  • Options
    Fotp needs hp reduced.
    Poe needs the turn meter reduction deleted.
    There ya go
  • Options
    Let's be honest here. CG knows that most people think these characters are broken. They will do some math stuff, look at some pie charts and they will balance them if they see fit. We don't need a million different posts about which characters need balancing, especially since they are all the same characters.

Basically what you want is for a dev to come say you are totally right let's have drinks and talk about how to fix them. But they don't do this, they will do what they see fit and it will be a surprise. So if you think a character is op, just don't invest in them.

In summary, these posts serve no purpose whatsoever.
  • Options
    Nerf these characters and I quit, not just because of the nerf itself, but because of the resources that I've put into acquiring them. Also, what would be the point of putting in the time, effort and money into acquiring elite toons?. Devs would nerf them again as forum crybabies would be out in full for nerf. In addition, I would quit because I'd know eventually, all characters would be cookie cutter, all characters would be the same. Devs, this is an awesome game that allows you to gain great toons, start nerfing and this game will lose its glory.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Since everyone can have these chars if you think they are OP get them yourself.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf these characters and I quit, not just because of the nerf itself, but because of the resources that I've put into acquiring them. Also, what would be the point of putting in the time, effort and money into acquiring elite toons?. Devs would nerf them again as forum crybabies would be out in full for nerf. In addition, I would quit because I'd know eventually, all characters would be cookie cutter, all characters would be the same. Devs, this is an awesome game that allows you to gain great toons, start nerfing and this game will lose its glory.

This is totally unproductive. Those characters need an adjustment and everyone knows it. It's not a question of if they get adjusted its when.

Quit now and save yourself the time
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

This is totally unproductive. Those characters need an adjustment and everyone knows it. It's not a question of if they get adjusted its when.

Quit now and save yourself the time

They may fix bugs, if there are any but I doubt there will be any nerfs. But thx for the suggestion.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options

Now who is the cry baby
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Its not like these guys are the fastest to get. Also FOTP is a little slow, midway through fights sometimes my Sidious will go 2 times before FOTP. Its a wonder people let him live long enough to ler him attack. I can only see him being deadly with a tank like Poe

I dont have enough experience fighting Poe to make a full review of him, but so far he hasnt been an issue. I havent gone for him yet but may soon if hes not ruined by then lol
    Post edited by AdamW on
  • Options
    Time wrote: »
    Fwiw I'll second this nerf request. Fotp still attacks 3 times sometimes, although a high lvl fotp often kills my guys in 2. 3* fotp does comparable damage to my 7* Luke. At 7* fotp out classes Luke in every way, as he does with every other glass cannon. A basic attack should not be better then a special, nor should it be able to 1 hit chars.
    At the moment, I believe poe is even stronger. I have both hero's and really hope they get nerfed. Poe with less speed or tenacity will still be very strong. Fotp needs in the neighborhood of 25% damage reduction to basic attack. At least that way he would need poggles buff to 1 hit anyone!

FOTP is so slowly farmable that anything loke resistance trooper got would make it unusable, for a char thatbwas incredibly slow to farm and required many mission resets (100 crystals) to not make it a 4 mo journey. 3x attack should be fixed...1 max 2, plus special. FOTP does heavy damage, but can't do anything else. If you stun him, he did nothing before passing away. Do not nerf pleae, just ensure he fires 1 max 2. Vs high level chars he rarely crits twice in a row and only makes 7k with regular, which tier 7* can handle.

• Options

Bye!
  • Options
    Yes, they are op. Thw people who denie this maybe dont want their fully star character get nerf but is clear that they need some balance.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    Since everyone can have these chars if you think they are OP get them yourself.

Everybody having the same chars would be a clear symptom of OP.
    The balancing of the game is not a matter of p2p or f2p availability. It's a matter of a toon being clesrly superior tontheir peers and thus limiting diversity because it's needed to play with them to compete
  • Options
    I would suggest: Nerf Leia and QGJ instead. Plus Ben, remove his Special an let him hit like a wet noodle, too.

Maybe I find some more toons I don't like to put some effort into counters ...
  • Options
    How would folks really fix FOTP (I mean more than fixing his chance for a third attack and his weirdo STR AGI swap at 7*)? Taking a step back, all he brings to the table is high single target damage and nothing else. He can self buff advantage easily enough, but if he can't take out one guy on his attack, he'd need more in his toolkit.

If they fixed his 3rd multi attack and swapped his modifier back to AGI at 7*, he'd have 3k less health which puts him in line with other glass cannons, would that be enough to quell the unrest?

I see comparisons to other damage dealers, but they also bring other things to the table like leadership abilities, crit increases, Ability Blocks, stuns, debuffs, AOE, etc. Is it fair to compare him to those with more in their toolkit?

Just curious since I see him being able to one shot medium to low health characters being a major downside from forum posts but he is slow and he should be able to take someone out since that is his only role. He gets no gear upgrades at 70 so his previous gear advantage is reduced though, only a handful of folks are even at the new cap and probably have a better perspective on that part.

Nobody seemed too bothered by FOTP until Poe/Phasma came along (some rumblings with Han early on) since folks did kill him first anyway if they saw him or am I missing something.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok, among those who are complaining that they should be nerfed, do you own those players themselves?

Did you invest resources time and credits to level them up? Did you painfully built your future team around those? How will you like if Lumi or Sid get nerfed, since most of us have them? I will feel the same if Poe if nerfed since I invested on him. I sacrificed getting Daka, my DS missions to get him.

Then, I will say nerf Doku(since I didnt buy Doku pack), nerf GS - I farmed Luke instead of him, the list will do on and on lol
    Post edited by Arijit on