Farming for Rey seems A LOT harder now

Replies

• Options
    3/6

Just up your strats brah!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Kerraii wrote: »
    I sim and sim and sim and Rey is nowhere to be found, maybe 1 out of 9 sims. Was she this hard before the last patch?

Once EA know a toon is popular, they will tweak the rates in a hope you will spend money.
    EA are scrupulous IMO for getting blood out of stones.
    I've bought over 10x 8 chromium pack in last two days.
    I never once saw her or the first order pilot, duuko, poa etc.
    But I got so many of everything else to the point many are four and five stars.
    So yeah, I believe it's very far from even random chances with the best toons.
    Cards seem rigged.
    Out of 80 cards not a single shard for any of those top wanted toons.
    I love how the cards say 8 pack is best chance blah blah blah.... 80 cards and nil chance

They deny the changes, but regular players can confirm that the drop rates have changed since the update. Certain characters have been made more difficult, so I abandoned farming them and just rely on shipments to upgrade them now like Luminara and IG86. I'm doing Biggs slowly and he's farming normally, so is Poggle...

None of this is true.

Drop rates haven't changed. Drop rates aren't different for different nodes or characters.

Please see the awesome post @Qeltar authored which I stickied.

Thanks.

Despite the fact that several players are recording ridiculously low drop rates since the update? I'll see what happens in the next few days but I think you've nerfed them for sure.

I needed 9 shards to unlock Kylo, I figured come Monday I'd have him unlocked but nope since the update I've barely gotten a shard for him. It's ridiculous and I refuse to spend any money until I see proof that you haven't changed the drop rates. I understand it's down to random luck but there's no excusing 1/14, that isn't bad luck that's just down right taking the ****.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Despite the fact that several players are recording ridiculously low drop rates since the update? I'll see what happens in the next few days but I think you've nerfed them for sure.
    Do you make a habit of going onto game forums and flatly calling their executive producers liars in public? Because that's what you just did.
    I needed 9 shards to unlock Kylo, I figured come Monday I'd have him unlocked but nope since the update I've barely gotten a shard for him. It's ridiculous and I refuse to spend any money until I see proof that you haven't changed the drop rates. I understand it's down to random luck but there's no excusing 1/14, that isn't bad luck that's just down right taking the ****.

This morning I needed 12 shards to unlock Finn. (Why I wasted 80 shards getting Finn is a different matter.) It took 21 tries to get 9 of them, leaving me with 3 left. I refreshed energy and got 98, 99 and 100 on consecutive tries. Overall, 12/24, 50%, and the last 3 in a row.
    Also got 5/6 Dooku shards today.
    It's RNG. The nerfed drop rates are in your mind.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Do you make a habit of going onto game forums and flatly calling their executive producers liars in public? Because that's what you just did.

This morning I needed 12 shards to unlock Finn. (Why I wasted 80 shards getting Finn is a different matter.) It took 21 tries to get 9 of them, leaving me with 3 left. I refreshed energy and got 98, 99 and 100 on consecutive tries. Overall, 12/24, 50%, and the last 3 in a row.
    Also got 5/6 Dooku shards today.
    It's RNG. The nerfed drop rates are in your mind.

Oh sorry, I'd expect nothing more than for you to defend them after they stickied your "awesome post" do you make a habit of disagreeing with everything everyone says? Because that's what you do all the time.

And yes, as the customer, and a paying customer at that, I have the right to air my grievances, publicly or otherwise.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh sorry, I'd expect nothing more than for you to defend them after they stickied your "awesome post" do you make a habit of disagreeing with everything everyone says?

Only when they're wrong. :P
    And yes, as the customer, and a paying customer at that, I have the right to air my grievances, publicly or otherwise.
    What "grievance" are you airing? That you had bad luck with dice rolls? Most companies don't even answer questions like those. He gave you the answer. What you do expect him to, send you the source code? Of course you could say that was faked too. Geez, conspiracy theorists.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I'd expect nothing more than for you to defend them after they stickied your "awesome post" do you make a habit of disagreeing with everything everyone says?

Only when they're wrong. :P

In your opinion, and that's the wonderful thing about the forum of life; we're all able to express our opinions. As I said, I'll see what happens in the next few days but I expect much the same as today. I gave up with Rey as her drop rates for me are so low she isn't even worth the effort. I'm only persisting with Dooku and Kylo because I'm most of the way to unlocking them anyway, but 1/6 for Dooku every day for the last 14 days is a bit of a joke and 1/14 for Kylo is beyond a joke.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    I don't think drops have changed in the least. People just see patterns where there aren't any and don't know what truly random really is or can look like.

A process is random or not. A drop rate is an arbitrary variable. You can determine a dropnrate tonincreasing accurCy eith a relatively small sample. If people keep track, the drop rates (and changes to them) will clearly emerge
  • Options
    Best way to see how you are doing is figuring out when you started farming a node. Then divide the shards by total tries. Some guy went ranting about the dooku drop rate in another thread, I asked him to do this. Turned out he was getting a 30% drop rate. Seems pretty decent.
  • Options
    People are just too sensitive. If they have a bad day, they need to find someone/ something to blame and it, frankly, is the update. After the update i got 7/12, 7/12 and 4/12
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for responding @CG_JohnSalera but it would seem otherwise and many players have noticed it, so I can't believe all of these people are imagining it. I never had any issue with the drop rates until the update when I noticed that my farming went into the tank.

Like I said, I farmed IG86 from Cantina daily for almost 3 weeks and I'd average about 3 shards consistently when spending 100 for a refresh of 120 energy, which gave me 12 tries at 10 energy per try. As of the update, I've averaged 1 shard per refresh every day since so I abandoned it, even getting no shards on 2 of those refreshes.

I also saw a similar drop farming Luminara, Dooku, Geonosian Soldier. Funny enough, Poggle and Biggs were normal so I moved my farming over so I'll stop wasting time and resources.

My thought on this was that the issue was created without CGs knowledge, just as toons like Initiate got broken during the update even though she wasn't broken before and working properly.

I've said it before, most know the current version of SWGOH is 0.2.113720 as per the Play Store, which to a person who works in the Tech field knows, denotes this software as a beta. If this is still in beta, then I'll no longer post about issues again until a production "1.0" version is released, since you can't criticize a programmer's work when it's in beta form.

If we knew this, the Bugs section and posts like this should go away mostly and I'd support and defend that.

One thing I can say, since 1989 when I began my career in the field of technology, I've never seen a developer or other release a "for production" version of software with the numbering scheme 0.X.XXXX...
  • Options
    *face palm*
    probability works in mysterious ways guys, remember that.

statistically, mathematically and scientifically you CAN NOT CONFIRM ANYTHING without enough sample size, your feeling or gut doesn't count. A day or two or even weeks from only one person also doesn't count.
  • Options
    If you haven't read the post from @Qeltar, please read it.

If that doesn't convince you, read it again. :)

If that doesn't convince you, track your drops for a week, but you must do so religiously -- each and every one. Do it on one node, do it across all nodes, however you like.

You should see the drops normalize across a sufficiently large sample set.

And @ioniancat21 - don't get hung up on the build number. That's irrelevant.
  • Options
    Rng is rng. You wouldn't be complaining if you got 6 in a row would you? It is great that there is so much communication between the community and the faces behind the game, not many games do this, so cheers.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @ThalosKirano
    It's not longer an opinion if it is backed up by facts (in this case a dev claiming is a fact). You really think they would mess with the droprates? Please.. Especially this: "complaints have been raining after update"..
    Let me tell you a secret, complaints were also raining before update.
    Same story, different day, different player same ****.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options

If that doesn't convince you, track your drops for a week, but you must do so religiously -- each and every one. Do it on one node, do it across all nodes, however you like.

Oh I will. Currently I'm 1/19 for Kylo. ONE IN NINETEEN. Now I'm sorry but screw RNG,1/19 is not acceptable and before the update I never ever had it that bad. I'll be tracking my rates for both Kylo and Dooku. And before you say "track it for others" I'm not interested in cheap heroes like JC, I have no doubt his drop rate will be sufficiently high for you to justify your "it normalises" claim. I'm only interested in the heroes I want and right now with a 1/19 Kylo drop rate I feel screwed over.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I farmed Kylo all the way to 7* on Cantina. The drop rate was a very consistent 1/3 over time. Some days I would get only 7 or 8 shards, including stretches like 1/19, and yes it is frustrating. Other days I'd pull one after another.
    Same with farming Finn over the last week or so.
    Your sample size is too small to conclude anything.
    I just did 43 attempts on Geo Soldier. The first 10 I went 1/10. I ended up with only I think 8 out of 43, well below normal. It happens.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Feeling is a complicated thing. Anyway I pressume you have the droprates?
    That chain you have with the 1/19 kylo shards is something you might run into every once in a while. The chance of each seperate sim is still the same low chance as before. You also have the "it didn't drop like it should in my mind there for it must be a flawed system" syndrome. What if I told you droprates are below 20% (speculation), such a cold streak happens more often than a hot streak. But what do I know, I'm obviously biased since EA/CG boosted my droprates the last week. Only hot streaks, less cold ones.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I sim and sim and sim and Rey is nowhere to be found, maybe 1 out of 9 sims. Was she this hard before the last patch?

Once EA know a toon is popular, they will tweak the rates in a hope you will spend money.
    Cards seem rigged.
    I love how the cards say 8 pack is best chance blah blah blah.... 80 cards and nil chance

They deny the changes, but regular players can confirm that the drop rates have changed since the update. Certain characters have been made more difficult, so I abandoned farming them and just rely on shipments to upgrade them now like Luminara and IG86. I'm doing Biggs slowly and he's farming normally, so is Poggle...

None of this is true.

Drop rates haven't changed. Drop rates aren't different for different nodes or characters.

Please see the awesome post @Qeltar authored which I stickied.

Thanks.

I got 3/3 today with Rey. Getting 1/14 is just as easy, or more. That has nothing to do with luck, is pure mathematical distribution of probabilities.

There's nothing wrong here, other than the normal behaviour of human brain when facing probsbility. It has been there since a man got struck by a lightning, and somebody invented a god of lightning to blame for something that is random, and bound to happen
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @ThalosKirano
    It's not longer an opinion if it is backed up by facts (in this case a dev claiming is a fact). You really think they would mess with the droprates? Please.. Especially this: "complaints have been raining after update"..
    Let me tell you a secret, complaints were also raining before update.
    Same story, different day, different player same ****.

I would not be rude and call the Devs liars, but your thinking is skewed. When a person of authority tells you something, you cannot with 100% certainty take it "as fact". Your sentence made me laugh this morning "It's not longer an opinion if it is backed up by facts (in this case a dev claiming is a fact)". So, you were at the meeting and heard the discussion with your own two ears then??? It's only fact when you are a witness to it from the inside. Do you know how many lies even my company spews to the public and low level workers compared to reality, it's sickening....

People lie to all of us all the time for a variety of reasons. I hope you don't venture into the real world with such a trusting nature. I could tell you that I have a suitcase on my desk at work here right now with a million dollars in it and if I were a person of authority, you would believe me because "I told you so", yet you never saw the briefcase or the money. Very naïve......
  • Options
    Here's a better answer for all of you, as compared to CronozNL answer....

"From what the developer told us, we can assume that he is being truthful when he states that the drop rates have not been altered, although I have no real solid proof of this, unless I could see the server side RNG process, rip it apart and verify that indeed, the mathematics for all characters that are farmed is indeed identical.

Until then, all we can do is create a record of our drops over time and compare them to drops before the update. Since most of us were not recording drops since the first day we played, analyzing this process will be impossible....."
  • JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you start. It doesn't matter if it's one node or more. It doesn't matter which shards are supposed to drop. It doesn't matter how close you are to a promotion / activation threshold. It doesn't matter what order you do them in.

It just doesn't matter.

The calculation is very simple. It's not surrounded by some kind of nefarious SkyNet-like AI. It just does a simple comparison between a random number and the drop rate threshold. Each time. Unaware of prior results or anything else.

You can believe that or not. It's your choice.

If you care to prove it to yourself, track your drops for a week. (And there's nothing magical in that amount of time. It just should be long enough to yield sufficient sample size but short enough that you'll remember to keep doing it.) Your call as to which node / order / pattern / device / OS version / finger you use to press the button / color of shirt you wear / etc.

Eventually your results will normalize.
  • Options
    My drop rates are usually 1/6 or 2/6. I've never had anything above that and have been farming her since day one.
  • Options

Oh I will. Currently I'm 1/19 for Kylo. ONE IN NINETEEN. Now I'm sorry but screw RNG,1/19 is not acceptable and before the update I never ever had it that bad. I'll be tracking my rates for both Kylo and Dooku. And before you say "track it for others" I'm not interested in cheap heroes like JC, I have no doubt his drop rate will be sufficiently high for you to justify your "it normalises" claim. I'm only interested in the heroes I want and right now with a 1/19 Kylo drop rate I feel screwed over.

hi bro, me and the guy who wrote this post (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5462/farming-log-kylo-ren/p1) have farmed Kilo in 6-7 days.. There are the log.. 1/19 happens, just like 14/20.. believe me.. and keep farming him..
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    (Sorry, wrong thread.)
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Drop rates have been consistent for me. I've had as many days going 0/6 as I've had 3+/6. There have been 3 days since release I've gotten 6 or less shards from cantina, my highest is 22 and I consistently get around 1/3. I've had some cold streaks like getting 1 daka shard in 7 days (1 node) and not getting more then 1 Dooku shard 9 days in a row but overall very consistent since I began keeping track back in October. The item drop rates for purples don't seem as consistent, but I'm not sure what that rate is supposed to be.
    Either way, people are stubborn and will believe what they want to even when facing irrefutable proof.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera lol at the evil skynet/terminator reference :)

To @ioniancat21 sorry I don't want to come off as a peep, but this has been discussed so many times before update and after update. Things eventually become a bit unfriendly (I prolly did my part of it) which is unnecessary. Like what's been said before, it's a choice to believe in and in a few months, a website like swcantina will get some unofficial data which will start giving us insight. I've played quite some rng based games before (wow, kotor, diablo, hearthstone, dota, heroes of the storm). In every forum people are "noticing" these cold streaks and having to say something about it (usually not very nice), why waste so much time on a debate which has been a debate since the first RNG online game came out. I chose to believe I'm not being lied at and I know how tricky RNG is in games like this.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera lol at the evil skynet/terminator reference :)

To @ioniancat21 sorry I don't want to come off as a peep, but this has been discussed so many times before update and after update. Things eventually become a bit unfriendly (I prolly did my part of it) which is unnecessary. Like what's been said before, it's a choice to believe in and in a few months, a website like swcantina will get some unofficial data which will start giving us insight. I've played quite some rng based games before (wow, kotor, diablo, hearthstone, dota, heroes of the storm). In every forum people are "noticing" these cold streaks and having to say something about it (usually not very nice), why waste so much time on a debate which has been a debate since the first RNG online game came out. I chose to believe I'm not being lied at and I know how tricky RNG is in games like this.

No offense taken and everyone should question anything they hear, my comments, any comments. I don't have all the answers but my goal in the end of the day is to see this game get better. Do you think me or anyone here, regardless of money in, want to see the game fold?? I personally wouldn't enjoy knowing that the work I've put in building my team for almost 2 months daily was all for nothing and that all I did was waste time.

These issues are affecting me and plenty of others and I don't feel everyone involved are saying these things just to make trouble, they truly believe there is something wrong. Wouldn't it be terrible if there were some error and people endured it for months, even years and didn't question it, only to find out that they suffered for nothing. It's kind of like, If you have a pain in your chest and you go to the doctor and he tells you it's nothing, you should seek a second opinion. If you didn't and then had your appendix rupture in your chest, you'd wish you had spoken up!!

Finally, I have read Qeltar's long post about RNG and it's clear his explanation of it all is masterful, but errors can occur and we are human. I've seen bugs go undetected for long periods of time. Look at what happened to Sony with the hack this past year. The vulnerabilities they had were not even noticed and they had auditors, compliance people and a staff of thousands in IT monitoring these things and yet all of them didn't notice.
  • Options

Feeling and fact seldom match
  • Options

Cards seem rigged.

Is that why it's so hard for me to unlock Ewok Elder and to get my Ewok Scout to 2*?
  • Options
    Overall I have no doubt that my drop rates are decent, overall. I've had one memorable streak when farming Kylo where I went 27/30, which I'm still incredulous over, lol. Even Dooku, I'm sure is on par overall with 1/3. I'm also sure Rey drops are obscenely low. Maybe it's the game getting back at me for Kylo :wink:

Just for fun I'm going to chart her for a week and see what I get.