Farming for Rey seems A LOT harder now

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I got 11 kylo shards from 16 yesterday, 5 from 15 the day before, today has only been 2 from 12, some days are good, some are bad as many people say.

Only way to really know, truthfully write in a diary your experiences daily to see what you're getting. Don't judge on a day basis, use a week at bare minimum, even 2 to 4 weeks, that's the nature of rng, plus we don't know their exact code, don't know it it's a straight percentage per roll or dependent on other factors afaik.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Kerraii wrote: »
    I sim and sim and sim and Rey is nowhere to be found, maybe 1 out of 9 sims. Was she this hard before the last patch?

Once EA know a toon is popular, they will tweak the rates in a hope you will spend money.
    That's a plain lie. It's called probabilities. Write down your drops for 30 days, then come here with proof.

I actually have my stats to share:
    Dooku - By far the most popular campaign exclusive shard farm (up to last patch, which i havent unlocked being level 59.
    I started playing december 10th -i played 41 days without missing any. I farmed dooku nodes (6 tries) every day. I never used shards on refreshes or energy refills, i save all shards for the 8x chromiums (which did not get me any dooku shards).

I got 83 shards = 4 stars and 3 shards = almost exactly 1/3 drops. (2 per day average and 1 extra!).

I know the drops were the same for me before and after patch because he's the only hero i consistently farm daily and i keep looking at his shards wishing for them to magically increase in number.

Other heroes i used to farm, i do so on-and-off, so no data there. I do have 44 Rey shards (12 from chromium and the free 10 from christmas event).
    Yes, i got Rey shards from a chromium, which also kinda kills your conspiracy theory.

Either write down your drops for atleast 2 weeks in a row, ideally a +30 day sample and support your arguments, or stay quiet. I believe the official statements. There's a sticky about this. If you want to prove them wrong, back it up.
    Ok, having just used a full refresh for Kylo and getting ONE shard I am now in agreement that they've nerfed the drop rate. I also went 1/6 for Dooku. If this continues I'll quit playing the game, I play to unlock heroes and I'm not going to spend 3 months on 1 character. It's ridiculous, before the update I got 1/2 from farming Kylo or 1/4 at the very worst, now I'm getting 1/13.
    What? CALL THE PRESS. You went 1/6 on a hero that has a 1/3 AVERAGE drop rate! Oh my god, Fortuna hates you!
    I also did SEVERAL cantina refreshes on Luke which getting only 1 shard or none. I also did SEVERAL cantina refreshes that got me like 8-10 shards. It's called probabilities. But many people are either too emotionally invested or too stupid to figure it out and only seem to notice bad streaks.
    Yet magically my luke seems to be 5 stars halfway to 6 (wow, drop rates!), and ive also had the energy to get talia to 5 stars and jedi consular to 4, using their cantina missions. Again, do this 2 weeks in a row and provide your data.
  • Options
    3/3 today, but most days I get one or zero.

0/3 today. :(
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm kind of laughing right now while reading through this...

Drop rates didn't change.

_They are just bad_

If you felt you were doing better before (and you probably were), it was most likely luck in your favor.

Your luck ran out. Just because it ran out when the patch happened means nothing.

Coincidence does not equate to causation.

Drop rates are just horrendously terrible in this game. That's really all there is to it. I do think @Qeltar nailed it in his psychology 101 post (stickied). You should read it.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    I started farming kylo just the same day of the level increase. I use 1 refill a day. So far, 8 shards. yay
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I think that because there i
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I farmed Kylo all the way to 7* on Cantina. The drop rate was a very consistent 1/3 over time. Some days I would get only 7 or 8 shards, including stretches like 1/19, and yes it is frustrating. Other days I'd pull one after another.
    Same with farming Finn over the last week or so.
    Your sample size is too small to conclude anything.
    I just did 43 attempts on Geo Soldier. The first 10 I went 1/10. I ended up with only I think 8 out of 43, well below normal. It happens.

What a coincidence! I farmed Kylo and he his drop rate was pretty awesome (I had the numbers and they added up to 1/3 for 3 days straight) then I switched to Geo soldier and the exact thing happend to me. Geo Soldier dropped an consistantly drops lower than Kylo... (approximately 1 in 5) thats my experience and also your experience. I like John and don't think they are purposely rigging numbers but Geo Soldier farms much lower than Kylo (in my experience). Perhaps... just perhaps, due to the complaints on their 100 dollar Kylo pack they increased his drop rate artificially in Cantina. This doesn't make them terrible people or anything. Sorry John if this offends you but when you experience the same thing over and over again and then change and watch the percent drop immediately and persist over starring a 1 star toon to 6 star..

• cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    4/6 for Ahsoka, 2/3 for Daka and 3/6 for Rey.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I think that because there i
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I farmed Kylo all the way to 7* on Cantina. The drop rate was a very consistent 1/3 over time. Some days I would get only 7 or 8 shards, including stretches like 1/19, and yes it is frustrating. Other days I'd pull one after another.
    Same with farming Finn over the last week or so.
    Your sample size is too small to conclude anything.
    I just did 43 attempts on Geo Soldier. The first 10 I went 1/10. I ended up with only I think 8 out of 43, well below normal. It happens.

What a coincidence! I farmed Kylo and he his drop rate was pretty awesome (I had the numbers and they added up to 1/3 for 3 days straight) then I switched to Geo soldier and the exact thing happend to me. Geo Soldier dropped an consistantly drops lower than Kylo... (approximately 1 in 5) thats my experience and also your experience. I like John and don't think they are purposely rigging numbers but Geo Soldier farms much lower than Kylo (in my experience). Perhaps... just perhaps, due to the complaints on their 100 dollar Kylo pack they increased his drop rate artificially in Cantina. This doesn't make them terrible people or anything. Sorry John if this offends you but when you experience the same thing over and over again and then change and watch the percent drop immediately and persist over starring a 1 star toon to 6 star..

I farmed Geo faster than I farm JC (as expevted because the different cost in energy)

Once a greek philosopher, Diógenes, said things against the gods. A priest of Poseidon took him to the temple of the god of seas, and showed him several statues paid by people who fell to the sea, and didn't die.
    "See how many people is grateful of Poseidon's might. How powerful he is. What do you have to say now?" said the priest.

"I have to say that people who die drowned don't pay for statues".

The reason why we read so many " drop rate sucks" is because only those with a cold streak write about it. Those perfectly average (a majority of people under the curve section in a bell distribution) don't come and say "hey! Today I farmed Rey and got s totally mediocre and average result".

With 1 million of players, you'll have 100000 unlucky, 100000 lucky, and 800000 average guys. There's nothing you can do about it, if the game is random. Actually, you'll need to rig the chances if you want to avoid cold streaks
  • Options
    That Poseidon quote has absolutely no meaning in this case. Comparing the odds of drowning at the hand of a natural force to drop rates on a man made game is nonsensical. Besides the fact that you quoted it 100% incorrectly.

Anyway, yesterday was a bad bad for me on a personal level so I owe an apology to the developers. I will still track my rates today and over the next week though to see how they play out.
  • Options
    @ThalosKirano Than I expect another apology in a few more weeks ;) J/k there btw for those who take me too serious again.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    That Poseidon quote has absolutely no meaning in this case. Comparing the odds of drowning at the hand of a natural force to drop rates on a man made game is nonsensical. Besides the fact that you quoted it 100% incorrectly.

You missed the point. The thing that matters is not the actual odds of the event. It's the fact that we tend to give more importance to the results that are shocking, than the mediocre, average stuff. Hence people give a lot of significance to the times Daka revives three toons, and zero significance to the hundreds of times you kill someone and Daka does not revive them. If you tracked them relentlessly, you'll find that most the time, Daka does not revive, just like most the time, sailors get drown in a ship wreckage. But we only track those who buy statues, or those cold strokes that make us angry. The average results get forgotten.