How long to get 7* Chromium only toons?

Hey, since I do not spend a lot of Crystals on buying Packs, I'd like to know how fast you can get a 7* QuiGon for example. I just got him once as a 2* toon. Quite useless to me. So what comes next: 4*, or do you only get +10 shards from that moment on?
I'm just wondering how much $$ some guys really invest in this game to max these chars.

Replies

• Options
    Thousands
  • Options
    Yeah, without hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars, your Qui-Gon well stay 2*. Every subsequent pull a full Qui-Gon gives 7 shards. However, you can get a Shard-only pull, which I heard gives 12 shards?
  • Options
    Yeah, without hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars, your Qui-Gon well stay 2*. Every subsequent pull a full Qui-Gon gives 7 shards. However, you can get a Shard-only pull, which I heard gives 12 shards?

• Options
    Wasn't it that when you have a char, and you get it again, it gets converted to shards, but the number varies on the number of stars you already had the character? Like 70% shards of what it'd take to get it to its current level, or something like that.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    it's always based on the # of stars they have when they unlock. Qui Gon will always give you 7
  • Options
    The question is HOW MUCH
  • Options
    Shewski wrote: »
    it's always based on the # of stars they have when they unlock. Qui Gon will always give you 7

Oh, well that's a shame! Even more farming / grinding / gambling.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • wikking4u
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok, so it's basically impossible to get these guys as a F2P player to 7*...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Correct. It's a problem. All toons should be available via a grind, even if it's just one hard node. Even if you do unlock a chromium toon, the only way to level it is spending more money and they potentially cost $1000+.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    haha, thousands to max out a character in a mobile app that may close down within 2 years. Brilliant.

I know quite a few multi millionaires and they'd laugh at the idea of doing that. I could have Bill Gates' net worth where that'd be like dropping a buck for the average person and I'd find it insane to do that. I have plenty of disposable income as is and find the thought of spending even 100 bucks on this app to be a bit crazy.

To each their own I guess. If people really wish to blow thousands on this app then all the power to them.

I also agree that every character should be obtainable via the grind regardless of how long the grind may take.
  • Options
    wikking4u wrote: »
    Ok, so it's basically impossible to get these guys as a F2P player to 7*...

Yes, if you are F2P and don't have thousands to drop, don't bother with Chromium packs, they're worthless to you...
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Correct. It's a problem. All toons should be available via a grind, even if it's just one hard node. Even if you do unlock a chromium toon, the only way to level it is spending more money and they potentially cost $1000+.

Speaking about this as a negative will end with you being called a whiner or that you want everything for free, just warning everyone in this post...
  • Options
    I must be insanely lucky then. I have had two 4* Ima Gun-Di's drop for free on bronze pulls. The 2nd 4* converted to 32 or 34 shards I believe. Now his is available to farm which is nice.
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry OP. I'm also f2p, and I stopped drawing chromium packs a long time ago. I use crystals for energy only. Ive pulled some really awesome characters that I just can't use because I won't spend money on a mobile game. Using crystals for energy is a way to get the characters you already have to be worth something.

It's a shame because on most of these "freemium" games, the fun is in pulling new characters because you don't know what you'll get.
  • Options
    So you need 305 shards to level up quigon? If you realy only get 7 shards you need to pull him 44 Times. If you buy the crystalpack for 20 bucks you can open 8 single packs and 1 pack costs 2,50. this makes 110 bucks if you only pull quigon.
    This is nearly the best case and there are 70 chars to pull ;-) so this will never happen.
    Maybe iam wrong and an other guy can make the math.
    But if iam right you can easy spend 2000 and more and dont get a single Char to 7 stars with the chromium packs.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Speaking about this as a negative will end with you being called a whiner or that you want everything for free, just warning everyone in this post...

Not me. Anyone who would do so is attempting to fail troll me or doesn't know me. I've made no secret I'm p2w. But all my money goes to toon packs and crystals for energy. The chromium lottery is a scam. Anyone unwilling or unable to pay whale amounts of money cannot obtain those toons in an endgame capacity. People who don't know any better and buy them thinking once they're unlocked they can grind them via another means are in for a disappointment. We see these posts all all the time from less informed players.
  • Options
    They should do a mix and match system. Maybe make the character unlockable with chromium card only but at least a node somewhere to level up.
  • Options
    It's not how long. It's how much $ you put in lol. Well, if you want a team of 7* chromium you need to put in several thousands.

And expect them to be nerfed/power crept to oblivion soon. It happened.