Han Solo Missing way more than 15% On first shot.

Prev1
Anyone have any explaination other than potency vs tenacity because it isn't that. He's missing over 30%.

Replies

• Vega
    94 posts Member
    Options
    15% is accurate for me and I am at 50% potency
  • Options
    I think if you check your numbers you'll see it is more. I've had multiple simultaneous misses and at 15% the odds of that happening are around 3 in a hundred. This is happening to me more like 1 in ten.
  • Options
    Just missed third in a row... the odds of that happening are none existant. This is not an outlier. Devs. Please looks intk your analytics because this is not working as intended.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Missing as in dodged or just not stunning? I'm at 53% Potency and he stuns just about EVERY time in Arena. Just in case, I can put a potency arrow with accuracy primary on him and another mod to bump potency set bonuses.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Just missed third in a row... the odds of that happening are none existant. This is not an outlier. Devs. Please looks intk your analytics because this is not working as intended.

Is he missing or getting resisted?

You need accuracy for the first, potency for the second.
  • Options
    Ok. So he just missed 4th in a row. First 3 were resists. Last one was a dodge.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    What is your Potency?
  • Options
    44.3%
  • Options
    I just give up tbf. The game is broke, the devs have completely killed it with mods, exploits and Op toons. I've been holding on a long time but sadly the devs have no idea what they are doing when it comes to balance and I'm done with kidding myself that there is an alternative to what is being prescribed. I am not playing a game in which the only viable strategy to beat OP toons and Mods only works some of the time. I spent a long time getting han solo to counter JE droids, I farmed specifically to attain him quicker, I never exploited, I never cheated, I spent a tonne on mods to get out modded by ftp and I had my maxed out squad nerfed to death and as a result of prioritising raid rewards over characters, I'm 2 months behind meta with nothing but a Han solo who doesn't work as consolation.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    hmm, this doesnt sound good. I'm currently gearing han solo to help me deal with a guy who has waaaaay superior mods. (+90 speed per toon on average). Me being the f2p player, and him being the whale in this scenario.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Out of the last 10 battles he has missed at least 5 times be it dodges under none dodge leads or resists with 15% chance. He is missing alot. I had 4 misses in a row today. I posted yesterday after getting 2 resists in a row. It isn't coincidence. Odds of getting 2 in a row are slim, 3 in a row suggests something is broke. that is 5 resists out of 15 pvp battles in 2 days.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    hmm, this doesnt sound good. I'm currently gearing han solo to help me deal with a guy who has waaaaay superior mods. (+90 speed per toon on average). Me being the f2p player, and him being the whale in this scenario.

Trust me, he works fine for me.

George - does their JE have high Tenacity?
  • Options
    No.. 23% base for the two yesterday but today was twice against st han at 30ish and once against a palp under palp lead so I'll let them off as they had 40 odd tenacity and -32 odd for lead giving them about a 30% chance to resist. Still either very unlucky or something is broken. 6 out of 15 haven't landed.
  • Options
    It should be resisted 1.5 out of 10 times. That's expected. If you have less than 50% potency, it's definitely going to be more than that... 50% potency is not very much. I won't use a debuffer in arena unless they are around 70%. Up your potency and you will have much better success.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Dodge and Resist are separate mechanics. If, over a long period of time (10 is too small a sample size), you are resisted at a 30% rate then maybe, but you have to completely discard the dodges, misses and deflections.
  • Options
    I'm convinced that some people's accounts are predisposed to having really bad RNG.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Agree 100% toon counters need to be more viable. Han Solo does jack on defense. He needs to work on offense. Sorry for your troubles. I agree with the problems in the game.

Even if han solo worked 100%, hardly anyone would use him on defense.... Actually hardly anyone uses him on offense. Collection of toons should give you a distinct edge... not just having the current hot meta of the month and the better mods.

Who has a high tenacity JE, anyways? Seriously, droids teams have way more to worry about than defending against Han Solo, lol.

• Options
    I have a guild mate that tracked his and he got 19 out of 20 stuns; My misses WAYYYYY more frequently than that and I'm at 59% potency (I was higher but sacrificed some to put the accuracy arrow on him).

When he hits he's good; when he doesn't... he's worthless as one wedge AoE takes him out....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I want that wedge. :)
  • Options
    I've experienced 3 resists in a row today. First time its been 3 in a row...

Almost won 2 of them anyway but still lost. That's a .003375 probability by the way.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I want that wedge. :)

Just stick whale mods on him and he's yours
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I want han solo with whale mods, too. :)

How bout just a few whale mods... that would be great.

I think EA should start giving a whale mod package as random lottery prize. To keep the lucky F2P in the mix. Calculated based on the ST Han with the highest speed on the server. The package would be a complete set of mods to give 90% of that speed. A random person wins this package once a month. Just to see someone new in the top, why not? They can still call it a free game, if a F2P can actually compete.

That's still not as good as how P2P worked before. It used to be getting toons maxed out faster. And getting chromium toons first by a couple months. But when the F2P finally got their gear, they were viable for a few weeks before the new meta was handed down from above. Now it's permanent stratification.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Dodge and Resist are separate mechanics. If, over a long period of time (10 is too small a sample size), you are resisted at a 30% rate then maybe, but you have to completely discard the dodges, misses and deflections.

Sample sizes are wonderful to talk about but basic probability distributions will tell you when you're getting hosed. Sure, he shouldn't bank on there being a specific amount of change, but it's more likely that something changed than we hit the 3/1000 jackpot together on the same day.
  • Options
    Fighting Emperor leads?
  • Options
    I was running Han at 40% potency and he rarely was resisted, I think people exaggerate a little with there Han, just mad it doesn't work every time
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Fighting Emperor leads?

Droids....why would you use him against the Emperor, lol
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    I was running Han at 40% potency and he rarely was resisted, I think people exaggerate a little with there Han, just mad it doesn't work every time

Three in a row today. Not an exagerration and 5th instead of 2nd isnt gonna get me riled up but was peculiar enough to note. And lo and behold it happened not just to me but apparently to @GeorgeRules as well, on the same day...
  • Options
    Iam 8 shards of getting him to 6*. i always assumed his 1st shoot was a guaranteed stun and thats why he is special. If it can be resisted, dodged or he just misses that would make him just a average toon with low hitpoints.
    That makes Han Solo a poor reward compared to EP and possibly Shoretrooper
    (how beach assault cannon fodder is a better toon than Kylo, Luke or Maul)
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Sample sizes are wonderful to talk about but basic probability distributions will tell you when you're getting hosed. Sure, he shouldn't bank on there being a specific amount of change, but it's more likely that something changed than we hit the 3/1000 jackpot together on the same day.

Sure, but OP is counting misses in with resists, which is skewing his perception. He says 5 resists out of 15 battles, but some of those were missed and so can't count against resistance %.