Han Solo Missing way more than 15% On first shot.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    There is a problem in the concept. His 1st shot should always stun. He may miss (dodge), but should not be resisted, regardless of his potency or his rival tenacity. Imagine a taunt that can be resisted (the attacker attacks someone else). Sounds wrong, right?
    Once that said, to make Raid HS viable you need potency, and even then, at least 15% he will miss, and whenever he land an attack, 15% of the time will be resisted. So, at most, only 72% of the times will stun, making him very unreliable in arena.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Dodge and Resist are separate mechanics. If, over a long period of time (10 is too small a sample size), you are resisted at a 30% rate then maybe, but you have to completely discard the dodges, misses and deflections.

Sample sizes are wonderful to talk about but basic probability distributions will tell you when you're getting hosed. Sure, he shouldn't bank on there being a specific amount of change, but it's more likely that something changed than we hit the 3/1000 jackpot together on the same day.

Sure, but OP is counting misses in with resists, which is skewing his perception. He says 5 resists out of 15 battles, but some of those were missed and so can't count against resistance %.

Fair enough. But he did say (just todays fights not his fight log) that he was resisted 3 in a row. As was I. That's low odds worth noting.
  • Options
    Yeah, it was 3 on the trot. I had another resist today so we are on 6/19 today. And that is not including the aformentioned dodge. 7/19 with that... I'll try keep up with this and see if we can get a decent data set. No doubt I'll do another 6 battles today.
  • RFC
    33 posts Member
    Options
    StormTro0p3R_H, I'm not entirely sure that you're calculating the probabilities correctly.

Taking an unrealistically high potency of 75% for Han, and an unrealistically low tenacity of 15% for his target, the chances of him missing 3 times in a row (not accounting for dodge/ evade) is still 4.8%: [1-(0.75*[1-0.15])]^3.

With those stats, his probability of inflicting his stun (not accounting for dodge/ evade) is only 63.8% on any given turn: 0.75*(1-0.15)
  • Options
    It should be 85 from what devs have said. Tenacity = chance to resist. Potency is a direct removal of tenacity down to the minimum of 15%. All toons have 15% so if you have 20 tenacity and i have 20 potency you have a 15% chance to resist. That is 3 out of 20 for each attack. Now take that 20 side dice and try hit 1 of 3 specific numbers 3 times in a row... Odds are slim.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It should be 85 from what devs have said. Tenacity = chance to resist. Potency is a direct removal of tenacity down to the minimum of 15%. All toons have 15% so if you have 20 tenacity and i have 20 potency you have a 15% chance to resist. That is 3 out of 20 for each attack. Now take that 20 side dice and try hit 1 of 3 specific numbers 3 times in a row... Odds are slim.

those times your attack got dodged would have been stuns for sure :p
    my han solo is close to g10 (6*), i will start testing soon.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    He will stun but it's totally luck based in true han style. Not a viable counter to je or other first turn game setting toons. Unless you enjoy uncertainty and... you will drop like a rock on defence unless he is accompanied by a better/faster squad in the first place in which case he's redundant anyway. He is useful.. just unreliable and his 15% stun looks closer to 30. He is 6/20 now...
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I already wrote this issue in the feedback section, but devs are deaf...

I had 1/1000 time event the other day :) (8/15 resists (resists not dodged))
  • Options
    Since using a maxed Han (power 7419) , I rarely drop out of top 15, today stuck at 3. The team around him is important, I'm running Lando lead, STH, Anakin and EP. Han has 170 speed (only have 17 speed arrow), 62% potency and 59% crit chance so he goes very often with his turn meter up abilities. The only character I have faced who doesn't get stunned is STH behind Old Ben. JE gets stunned every time.

I've had Han in my arena team for one week and out of 30 arena matches he has missed twice both times against STH (note to self don't try stun STH haha).

Have not lost against droid teams with B2 but Rex teams cause me an issue because my team relies on crits.

Stats here...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arclight/
  • Options
    yea he counts resists as a miss? With low potency? and probably fighting the emperor led team
  • Options
    TL;DR?