Tournament Shard Rewards need serious reworking

oofalong
171 posts Member
edited October 2016
OK, so currently first place in each bracket gets a 7* Shoretrooper; the rewards fall off pretty fast for everyone else. Here are the # of shards short of 7* for the non-winners:
  • 2nd place short 70 shards
  • 3rd place short 100 shards
  • 4th place short 160 shards
  • 5th place short 185 shards
  • 6th-10th places short 230 shards
  • 11th-25th places short 250 shards

If we look ahead to the next tournament and calculate where people will need to finish in order to 7* Shoretrooper it is beyond depressing.

A 3* converts to 25 shards, the player who previously finished:
  • 2nd will need to finish at least 10th
  • 3rd will need to finish at least 5th
  • 4th will need to finish at least 3rd
  • 5th will need to finish at least 3rd
  • 6th-10th will need to finish 1st

The affront to anyone who finished 2nd seems unreasonable especially given the disparity in tournament bracket matching. And, anyone who finishes in the just the top 25 will have to slog through this tournament way too many times.

If someone can confirm the actual shard value of a 3* assuming you have it unlocked I'll clean up this post. Edited as I now have this info.

Post edited by oofalong on

Replies

• Options
    Great post, sounds about right. So I can get a 7 star by Xmas? I mean Xmas 2017
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's half of the shards it takes to unlock or something like that. So 25 sounds right.

But yes, the shoretrooper shards are a joke. Imo, everyone in the top 5, if not too 10, should get Shore 6*. Not maybe 4*.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    oofalong wrote: »
    OK, so currently first place in each bracket gets a 7* Shoretrooper; the rewards fall off pretty fast for everyone else. Here are the # of shards short of 7* for the non-winners:

If someone can confirm the actual shard value of a 3* assuming you have it unlocked I'll clean up this post.

30 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 280 to go to 4*, 5*, 6* and finally 7*

To take a character to 7* from scratch takes 330 shards.

330- 280 tells me the value of a 3* character is 50 shards.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Given the bracket sizes, would it really be so terrible for the 1000 and better ranks to get a 5* Shoretrooper? As is unless this is a weekly event Shoretrooper is going to farm slower than Vader for the vast majority of players.
  • Pcx99
    399 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm biased, but if you place in the top three you should only need to place in the top hundred to get your final star the next go.
  • Options
    Giving only equivalent shards rather than the full toon as a reward would be a good start
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    top 50 should be like raid rewards
    curiously a 50-100 rewards was missing.
    if tourneys are rare, top100 will take 13 more top 100 rankings to max out

imo 5th place prize shouldve been the 25-50 prize and first place shouldnt have gotten a maxed toon
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    30 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 280 to go to 4*, 5*, 6* and finally 7*

To take a character to 7* from scratch takes 330 shards.

330- 280 tells me the value of a 3* character is 50 shards.

You definitely do not get the full value of the character :(
  • Options
    They gotta give people a reason to spend for next one. There will be no changes to the structure. People fell for this auction house and spent like crazy so next one will be more of the same
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Considering the amount of points it took to get top100 in my shard, I think giving first place rewards for the top 100 is not asking too much.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Edited OP as I just opened a 3* General Veers from Bronziums, and it was converted to 25 shards as I already have him at 7*.
  • Options
    I was on skykrak server and got 6246 points, for 47th place. By the end of the battle last night the scores of the players in the top 75 were very compressed. I kept my rank by spending, and by hitting refresh for hours sniping piggybacking players as they passed by.

It's a bit insane that all that effort and money was spent for so little reward.
  • Options
    Very disappointing indeed.
  • Options
    oofalong wrote: »

If we look ahead to the next tournament and calculate where people will need to finish in order to 7* Shoretrooper it is beyond depressing.

A 3* converts to 25 shards, the player who previously finished:
    • 2nd will need to finish at least 10th
    • 3rd will need to finish at least 5th
    • 4th will need to finish at least 3rd
    • 5th will need to finish at least 3rd
    • 6th-10th will need to finish 1st

The affront to anyone who finished 2nd seems unreasonable especially given the disparity in tournament bracket matching. And, anyone who finishes in the just the top 25 will have to slog through this tournament way too many times.

If someone can confirm the actual shard value of a 3* assuming you have it unlocked I'll clean up this post. Edited as I now have this info.

• Options
    I really hope this has been changed too and just didn't make it into the notes yet.
  • Options
    I looked at the info in events and it's only for lvl 80 and above.
  • Options
    Ya the shard penalty for an already owned character will be magnified with the current tourney rewards.
  • Options
    Did nobody notice the fact that the notification said that this will be the last time the shore trooper tournament will be on... Which means after this next tourney, you'll be stuck with him at whatever you have home at and that will be it (until he his f2p in probs about 1 year, when he is useless) I didnt even get enough to UNLOCK him from the last tourney which means if I want a maxed one I need to finish no lower than 1st... So already tourneys are another recent addition which favour the mega whales and nobody else, they had all the crystals they needed last time around and the majority of them will no doubt have the biggest amount of ally points due to all the refreshes they buy (plus an insane surplus of GW currency) so they will have the best advantage again in this tourney. These characters should either be made f2p sooner or have them as reward for more than 2 tournaments cause otherwise it's incredibly unfair to f2p's and light spenders, especially since people do actually have lives and work and other things to deal with so just because we can't sit around on this stupid game all day (which is partly how people managed to acquire such high scores, as well as the exploit) we are alienated for having a job and personal life,
  • Options
    +1 OP, but we don't know the reward structure for this one yet, I'm pretty sure it will be very different than last time, and it's stated to be the FINAL tournament, so maybe we all get a surprise on how the rewards will be.
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    +1 OP, but we don't know the reward structure for this one yet, I'm pretty sure it will be very different than last time, and it's stated to be the FINAL tournament, so maybe we all get a surprise on how the rewards will be.

Thank god it is final. Have enough of arena already...
  • Options
    I think too, it's pretty unfair to have only two of these babies. I was under the impression we get several chances to farm him from this tournament, so f2p get the goal too, just slower. With only two chances this is really a whale only event - they have the deeper rosters and more ally points too since they can refresh energy more often. Not complaining about whales at all, the mobile game logic should just be that f2p get there too, just slower.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

It's the final shoretrooper tournament. Which means that the next tournament will have a different character attached to it. Tournaments aren't over.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

It's the final shoretrooper tournament. Which means that the next tournament will have a different character attached to it. Tournaments aren't over.

Ok, thanks =\
  • Options
    Crystals or Ally Points or anything else, I don't care. There needs to be a limit on number of refreshes per day.