Is this game back to square 1?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21365/community-update-3-18-16#latest

Game-wide tuning changes
The goal is to mitigate (but not entirely eliminate) situations where characters can be killed before they’ve had any chance to act.

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    What's your point here?
  • Options
    Of course we are. The question is whether they'll buff protection to account for power creep.
  • Options
    Wedge, Biggs and Lando can 1 shot a toon before they can act?
    Reyalp wrote: »
    What's your point here?

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    That's correct, right back to pre-protection damage to effective hp ratios.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Alternatively you could just avoid these teams? Or use a different team yourself? A droid team with JE and B2 shuts this down
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Alternatively you could just avoid these teams? Or use a different team yourself? A droid team with JE and B2 shuts this down

It's kinda hard to avoid them when that's all you see ahead of you. Droids don't shut them down unless your mods are on par with theirs, not to mention that farming up JE to 7* will takes ages if you start now.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

It's kinda hard to avoid them when that's all you see ahead of you. Droids don't shut them down unless your mods are on par with theirs, not to mention that farming up JE to 7* will takes ages if you start now.

Yeah, JE is awesome but ridiculously slow to farm. Kudos to those that have done so, it is not a short slog. A good evasion leader can mitigate some of this damage (Cad Bane on a Scoundrel team, Dooku/Old Ben/Lumi on any team) and with Bane and Old-Ben there is a TM gain with evasion. A speedy STH can really help out here.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

Unless your shard has gone Wiggs crazy then they are easily avoided. I'm on a December shard and there's 3 in the top 20.

As for JE he doesn't take that long and B2 can be farmed as fast as Wedge. Your mods aren't the games problem - that's yours
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options

Unless your shard has gone Wiggs crazy then they are easily avoided. I'm on a December shard and there's 3 in the top 20.

As for JE he doesn't take that long and B2 can be farmed as fast as Wedge. Your mods aren't the games problem - that's yours

JE takes long if your guild isn't doing T7 raids though. Agree with the rest as stated.
  • Options
    Back to square 1? In some ways, I wish it was so I could tell myself not to get involved. Takes too much time.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggs teams are pretty rare on my server (I am the only one I ever see in the top 10). My team is not unbeatable. I lose rank to droid teams, EP teams, and a couple Phasma teams.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Dude you are insinuating that he doesn't have proper mods. If you look at his mods and his characters you would probably envy him....... That being said he always defends a general point of view and not a specific one he definitely doesn't have trouble going up the ranks rather its more of generalized comment.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it feels like we are back at square one. Different toons same results. Poe/Driods/Speed/One shot kills...now we have Wedge/Biggs/Speed/One shot kills. Sad thing is it doesn't matter how well you mod a toon or max their gear..Wiggs teams that are only 5* can still take them out in the first 15 seconds of the match. How is that right there not over powered?

My server is filled with them and more come up each day. I went from getting rank one everyday to now once every couple of days because there are only so many teams I can actually attack and not get decimated seconds into the fight.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Sad thing is it doesn't matter how well you mod a toon or max their gear..Wiggs teams that are only 5* can still take them out in the first 15 seconds of the match. How is that right there not over powered?

This isn't true. I ran a 5* Wedge for a minute and it didn't work at all. At 6* he was viable but was not providing any OHKO's. As it stands, While Wiggs is an amazing duo, they need the right mods or you lose.

Of course, to the point of the post, those mods are whatever gives Biggs and STH speed, which is exactly where we were pre-protection.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Dude you are insinuating that he doesn't have proper mods. If you look at his mods and his characters you would probably envy him....... That being said he always defends a general point of view and not a specific one he definitely doesn't have trouble going up the ranks rather its more of generalized comment.

He said unless your mods are on par - if his mods are so great then he's negated his own point. Any team can beat any team these days - its a 1000x better than the Dooku led one shot Rey teams. Maybe it's time to stop using the same 5 chars if you can't beat Wiggs
  • Options
    The solution is to buff defense, right now defense is something that really doesn't matter, a tank can be one shotted. The solution was never the protection bar, devs were stupid or just lazy, if defense is buffed so one shots would disappear and healers would come back to pvp
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    SachTrap wrote: »
    The solution is to buff defense, right now defense is something that really doesn't matter, a tank can be one shotted. The solution was never the protection bar, devs were **** or just lazy, if defense is buffed so one shots would disappear and healers would come back to pvp

I have yet to see a high quality tank (6* or better, lvl 80, G10 or better) killed in one shot even with Wiggs. I've seen them maimed into the yellow or high reds though.
  • Options

We have four in the top 10... can't be avoided if you want to take first
  • Options
    yes the game is all about speed and one hit KO's again

wiggs one hit KO's someone on my team each time I play them, its always a 4 vs 5

this is exactly what the devs claimed they wanted to avoid when they introduced protection

better get back to the drawing board dev team
  • Options
    I made a detailed post on why protection was a failed mechanic from the get go, and offered a better alternative.

Easier to just raise the level cap and ignore the problem for a few months.. lol

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Sad thing is it doesn't matter how well you mod a toon or max their gear..Wiggs teams that are only 5* can still take them out in the first 15 seconds of the match. How is that right there not over powered?

This isn't true. I ran a 5* Wedge for a minute and it didn't work at all. At 6* he was viable but was not providing any OHKO's. As it stands, While Wiggs is an amazing duo, they need the right mods or you lose.

Of course, to the point of the post, those mods are whatever gives Biggs and STH speed, which is exactly where we were pre-protection.

It isnt true? Your freaking full of it. You had wrong mods..bottom line. On my server there is this one guy who just got his Wiggs 6 star and his team is killing one of my fully geared and modded toons every single time I fight him.

Rey never one hit kill another toon fully geared and modded. She would one hit kill another toon only if they were under geared. With Wedge and Biggs it is the total opposite.
  • Options
    Bottom line is the only problem I have with Wedge and Biggs is that every single time I fight them it's always a 4 on 5 or a 3 on 5 fight. It's complete B..S!!
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    SachTrap wrote: »
    The solution is to buff defense, right now defense is something that really doesn't matter, a tank can be one shotted. The solution was never the protection bar, devs were **** or just lazy, if defense is buffed so one shots would disappear and healers would come back to pvp

I have yet to see a high quality tank (6* or better, lvl 80, G10 or better) killed in one shot even with Wiggs. I've seen them maimed into the yellow or high reds though.

That's the thing..Wedge and Biggs hardly ever target a tank first so it's an even 5 on 5 fight from the start. They always target my faster toon and my best damage dealers.
  • Options
    Maybe with this level grind we'll finally get slower toons that hit harder and fast toons that hit less but more frequent? Remeber that promise? Lol. Now we have very fast toons that hit super-hard.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Well technically Biggs has 119 speed :)
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It isnt true? Your freaking full of it. You had wrong mods..bottom line. On my server there is this one guy who just got his Wiggs 6 star and his team is killing one of my fully geared and modded toons every single time I fight him.

Rey never one hit kill another toon fully geared and modded. She would one hit kill another toon only if they were under geared. With Wedge and Biggs it is the total opposite.

Calling me "full of it" is a bit much, and no, I probably didn't have the right mods, but at 5* there just isn't enough damage to OHKO anyone you would find on an arena team. And I didn't say that a 6* Wiggs COULDN'T OHKO people, just that mine wasn't.

And Rey is a bad example, because technically Wedge isn't OHKO'ing anyone.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    They never said they would completely rule out OHKO's. Also this is a post from march, they can change it if they like.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mutou_LuYa wrote: »
    What's your point here?

OH yeah..its happened to me MANY times but hey GW is working as intended!

It's not technically a one shot but they attack and I NEVER get a turn, so its basically the same thing.