Is anyone else tired of the rebel meta?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Look, just because a character isn't "meta" doesn't mean that you can't win in arena. I ran the Phasma lead, QG, RG, Rey, STH BEFORE it was meta, during the time it was meta and WAY after the time it was no longer meta. I could still place top 3 if not first with them.

Mods are meta, period. Don't have speed secondaries? You're going to have a bad time.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    No. Next?
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    They need to buff the empire toons... Or something (anything, just give me a strategy) This is ridiculous that there is NO counter except the same toons with better mods.
    Shoretrooper. EP.

No. By the time Shoretrooper and EP (whenever the latter "very rare" event rolls around again) are playably farmed by FtP players (at least 4-6 months, realistically; probably more), we'll be 2 or 3 metas down the road from the current one ... Saying "Shoretrooper. EP" is cute, but irrelevant to the vast majority of players who don't (and for a very, very, very long time won't) have them.

Shoretrooper maybe, but plenty of F2P players have a viable EP for arena

A 5 or even 6 star (unless superbly modded) EP is not viable against a maxed Wiggs...at least if one wants to ADVANCE in arena (which is the point).
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I'm tired of the speed meta.

2ab.gif
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    My droids just hit #1 for the first time ever yesterday, and I'm on a late Nov server. Rebels don't bother me I'm the least. Rex leads on the other hand...
  • Options
    welcome to galaxy of meta heroes.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    UlicQ wrote: »
    My droids just hit #1 for the first time ever yesterday, and I'm on a late Nov server. Rebels don't bother me I'm the least. Rex leads on the other hand...

how was the climb, lol. I luv droids. Luv climbing over droids. Droids give me ability to advance in arena. I just beat the most heavily modded droid team on the shard without losing a toon. Cake. I map out my climb by the droid teams. Unfortunately when I get to the top I gotta beat Wiggs and Rex. lol. That doesn't often work out.

Defense is one of the reasons droids are no longer part of meta on many shards. And soon to be yours, too. Can be beat with almost 100% certainty with much lesser mods. Eventuallly, everyone will have the toons to do it. Farming toons is slow. Farming faster mods than whale is impossible. Droids will be targets. A collection of 7 or 8 toons only good as alt on offense!
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    UlicQ wrote: »

how was the climb, lol. I luv droids. Luv climbing over droids. Droids give me ability to advance in arena. I just beat the most heavily modded droid team on the shard without losing a toon. Cake. I map out my climb by the droid teams. Unfortunately when I get to the top I gotta beat Wiggs and Rex. lol. That doesn't often work out.

Defense is one of the reasons droids are no longer part of meta on many shards. And soon to be yours, too. Can be beat with almost 100% certainty with much lesser mods. Eventuallly, everyone will have the toons to do it. Farming toons is slow. Farming faster mods than whale is impossible. Droids will be targets. A collection of 7 or 8 toons only good as alt on offense!

Climb was fine. I rarely fall out of the top 20 (even over night), and that night I was still in the top 5 overnight.

Yes droids are easy to beat on defense but so is every other team. As long as you keep JE moving first droids will be viable.
  • Options
    I'm totally fine with it! I have a Jedi team, so when the meta was empire i was totally f*kd... Now those Rex leader teams with wedges and biggs and stuff.... They hit hard, and sometimes i even start loosing Lumi or QGJ in a OHKO, but they're so weak to take dmg i can win the fight even losing a toon at the start, just need JKA AoE to hit twice FTW lol
  • BLOBMONSTER
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Your moms tired of the rebel meta.!
  • Options
    Honestly ... i prefer speed- over dodge-meta ... speed is something, i can work on, dodge is just stup!d random.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    This meta is so much better than the dodge meta by FAR!

Bless you, child, bless you!
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Droid teams can still wreck them. I don't think it's as narrow across all servers at it may feel on one's own.

but it is that narrow, for the longest time the meta was jin rg rey leia n i forget the last

I'd assume the new rebel teams come from people wanting to exploit leais abilities to give everybody crit chance up n have lando attack every turn so he can take out most with his crits