Daily Gear achievement is back is this WAI or please god a bug?

Ok so before the level 80 cap increase i kept a stable of low level toons so I always had a piece of gear to equip each day. Eventually this daily went away and got rolled into one large achievement. So silly me i started gearing all my toons. Now the vast majority of my toons are waiting on raid gear and those purples that take 50 salvage. You know cause i geared up what i could.

New cap raise and now i am scrambling to find more than a few days worth of gear to equip on my toons.

Can We please get an official response, is this WAI or was this an oversight with the cap raise, and if its an oversight please please please let us know and tell us you are working on it.

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Conduit23

Also for those looking to honestly be helpful, thank you, but I know how to work around this, its just a pain, and a waste of resources to unlock toons like CUP just for this daily. I am really just hoping to get an official response here.

Replies

• Options
    I assume it's WAI. The daily gear activity disappeared once you hit player level 80 because the game could no longer assume you were capable of equipping anymore gear. Now that there's a new level cap, that assumption is no longer valid, hence the activity returns. When we reach level 85, I expect it to disappear again.

Now, whether this should be intended behaviour or not is another discussion. Personally, I don't like it simply because of people in your situation. If the game formerly assumed we maxed out our gear for level 80, it should also assume that any further gearing is going to take more than a day's worth of farming, thereby making this activity impractical.

Interestingly enough, the activity for leveling up a toon did not return and yet that is something that is more easily managed at this level than gearing. All you need is a single toon not at max level and you can train them with a single T1 droid every day for essentially forever.
  • Options
    It never disappeared for me...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Yes was re-implemented, however due to player feedback, we have decided to remove this from Daily activities. This should go live in the next game update.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya!
    Yes was re-implemented, however due to player feedback, we have decided to remove this from Daily activities. This should go live in the next game update.

Thank you, you are my hero
  • Options
    Hiya!

+1
  • Options
    Hiya!

is it only being taken away from the level 80 people, or is it being removed from everyone regardless of level?
    just wondering to let people know who aren't level 80
  • Options
    Hiya!

Huh....that's a shame; I actually enjoyed it. One more place to get some sorely needed XP from...especially as ya'll made the XP required so high.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Hiya!

Cam we get a replacement then? It was extra XP.
  • Options
    Hiya!

Cam we get a replacement then? It was extra XP.

That's a good point. Can the 'lost' xp get rolled into another daily if a new one isn't made to replace it?
  • Options
    What a shame, free experience points, free crystals, and for literally nothing,
  • Options
    Pretty amazing, people whining about getting free stuff
  • Options
    You know for the record,

1) the exp and crystals were already rolled into the level 80 complete all activities reward that gives you an omega.

2) the omega is the reason why this ****, cause if you geared up all your toons it is very hard to gear one toon per day, and if you dont, then no omega for you

3) adding this activity back in mostly serves to punish people who are furthest along and or have spent the most on this game, i have guildmates who have their toons fully geared except for raid gear locks, the idea that they need to come up with a piece of raid gear every day or lose out on an omega is insane.
  • Options
    CatoNines wrote: »

It's likely due to the fact that the few Kraken have little to no gear upgrades available until they level up, so they weren't getting the completion achievement.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CatoNines wrote: »

It's likely due to the fact that the few Kraken have little to no gear upgrades available until they level up, so they weren't getting the completion achievement.

As much as I appreciate them paying the bills. It's still a game that does require a little bit of planning. Being stuck at 80 with all toon up to g8 min, was poor planning.
  • Options
    What a shame, free experience points, free crystals, and for literally nothing,

Yup, this actually hurts a lot of us. The free XP and crystals over time would have added up to some significant amounts.
  • Options
    You know for the record,

1) the exp and crystals were already rolled into the level 80 complete all activities reward that gives you an omega.

2) the omega is the reason why this ****, cause if you geared up all your toons it is very hard to gear one toon per day, and if you dont, then no omega for you

3) adding this activity back in mostly serves to punish people who are furthest along and or have spent the most on this game, i have guildmates who have their toons fully geared except for raid gear locks, the idea that they need to come up with a piece of raid gear every day or lose out on an omega is insane.

1st world problems.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate them paying the bills. It's still a game that does require a little bit of planning. Being stuck at 80 with all toon up to g8 min, was poor planning.

Im FTP and i will lose out on omegas fairly soon if this was not being changed.

The biggest problem is that this achievement went away then came back. before it went away i kept a stockpile of toons at level 1 gear 1 so I could always complete this. When it went away i geared up all those easy to gear toons.
  • Options
    You **** now we lost 40 free xp daily
  • Options
    i've never had it disappear. as for a stock pile of toons at level one. i will always have this as it's getting to where i have more level one toons than anything.
  • Options
    I think that daily gear achievement has been removed again. At least I cant remember to give any toon gear today and I don't see that achievement currently.
  • Options
    Oh it's gone , every level cap had it disappear, then reappear when the level cap was raised again. Now tho, it is gone for good, like i said, what a shame, free crystals, free experience, and for what . . . Literally nothing.
  • Options
    nope mines still there. should have screenshot it before i completed it for the day but it's always been there from day one i started playing. maybe tomorrow i'll remember to take a screenshot.
  • Options
    That's holyjoe, is because you are not at level 80 yet, it is still there up until you hit player level 80
  • EetsdaBouss
    352 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Whining whales owe me 40exp per day.
    They f--ked the pooch, I have to say
    Not thinking ahead to level cap raise
    Maxed all their toons as is their way

No omega they cried
    Like a donkey they brey
    With their money the pied
    And whales got their way
  • Options
    That's holyjoe, is because you are not at level 80 yet, it is still there up until you hit player level 80

that will be ****. maybe i won't allow myself to hit level 80 then. i have plenty of characters that need plenty of gear. no reason just because you reach a certain level you don't get anything for it anymore.

i'm gonna start dragging my feet on reaching level 80 for this very reason. i'm fine at level 79. there's only one character i'm lacking and that even hasn't returned yet. i also have the one's i use at a decent star level. i can hold off on moving forward.