Why is Rex a good leader?

Title says it. I have him, but I use Phasma as the leader. I don't understand how his tm gain could be better than Phasma's assists unless facing total aoe team.

Replies

• Options
    Since aoe is the name of the game now, he is the best! If you run Lando with Rex lead and are facing another Lando, you will find that yours will go about 3 times more on average. It's actually quite ridiculous!
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Every time someone crit hits your toons, they gain tm. Phasma's can't do this. Plus if you run clones, he gives them a really nice hp boost.
  • Options
    Against rex, it is very hard to use a toon that stuns, blocks, or does any debuffs really, including shock. Rex will just cleanse it. If u wait for him to use SD first? It doesn't matter cuz now it doesn't stick. Tenacity up.

Go ahead and figure out a way to use stun, shock, blOct against rex lead. Is not very easy.

• Options
    I find he's also a really good counter against droid teams. With HK lead and JE's crit chance up, droids end up generating a ton of turn meter and can go several times before you get a chance to even act. This is why droids tend to rock at GW.

But if you have a Rex lead, those same critical hits that are giving a single droid extra TM is now giving your entire team extra TM as well. IG-88 got a crit on everybody with his AoE? Great. IG-88 has refilled his TM but he also gave everyone on your team 37.5-75% TM too. Now your entire team gets to act before the rest of the droid team. Throw in some powerful AoEs of your own, such as Anakin, Lando and Palpatine and you've got yourself an easy win.
  • Options
    So it works only aoe teams? I tried using him in arena but I did clearly worse than with Phasma, since my opponents are always Rey, QGJ and GS; single target guys. Also elsewhere same problem, raid, mostly gw, regular missions...
    The cleanse/tenacity up is awesome, that's why he is in my arena team :)
  • Options
    If you are facing Rey,QGJ,GS teams then I would say you are on a relatively new shard as not a single person in my top 20 uses them anymore and hasnt for a while. Current meta uses Lando, wedge, biggs, ani as some of the mains and they all make Rex led teams go a lot more often.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Rex is straight up venomous for AoE teams. That's why he won't be F2P for a while.
  • Options
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    If you are facing Rey,QGJ,GS teams then I would say you are on a relatively new shard as not a single person in my top 20 uses them anymore and hasnt for a while. Current meta uses Lando, wedge, biggs, ani as some of the mains and they all make Rex led teams go a lot more often.

I'm top 100...