My new favorite general purpose team for GW

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Since the latest change to GW I've switched to a healer team of Barriss (leader) Sidious, JC, Daka, and Luminara. The inability to retreat now makes it essential that you not only beat the other team now but that you also do it with the same team start to finish and maintain a high level of health over the entirety of the war. You can't do that without healers. I haven't lost a war since the update with this team. I know it's not as exciting as some other characters but it does work.
  • Options
    Ty all for the replies. Looks like I have to go for a healer based team. Sucks because it's almost like completely starting over. Oh well.
  • Options
    Looking at your team options I would Phasma lead with fisto, bane, Fett, daka, lumi
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Suggest Phasma (L), QGJ, Lumi, Daka and Sid/Bane. The only concern with this line-up is that there isn't much dps to leverage QGJ's special ability

Some tips for GW:

- Reload til you get the optimal outcome. For example, if Daka fails to stun, reload and try it on some other hero till you land it. Shuffling the position also resets the pre-determined RNG
    - Speaking of which, stun is very useful in the new retreat. However, your Daka needs to be leveled up quick as she will often be targeted first by the A.I and you will quickly find yourself constantly burning your heals for Daka which is not ideal
    - Need to get Lumi to 7* ASAP
    - Suggest at least two healers in the line-up. Make sure you manage the heal cool downs so that one is always available while the other is being cooled down. If you come to a situation where both heals needs to be used consecutively, then consider reloading
    - If you somehow fail to heal up your heroes before the next match (you should avoid this in the first place with reloads), insert a fast taunter (Poe or Han) to draw away fire and allow your healer to heal depleted heroes. You will require Dooku or Daka to neutralise the opponent's fast movers if you don't have Poe as Han will go after the likes of Dooku and Sid. You could also put QGJ as the leader so that Lumi goes faster or put Lumi as the lead and hope your depleted heroes evade opponent's attack
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the helpful replies! I made a pretty critical error in not properly leveling any healers. Lol. I kind of suspected it would come back and bite me in the butt. I don't use healers in arena so I was pretty much doing everything to supplement what I wanted to accomplish there. I don't like cookie cutter teams so I've been trying to experiment -- once again not a sound choice. Lol. To level my healers is going to be tough(including skills) wish I didn't skill up those other 25 toons now. (Not counting my mains)

Problem is. Without winning GW my character progression has pretty much halted. Man. What a crappy position to be in. Oh well. Will start improving my healers asasp
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the problem with not wanting to be cookie cutter is that cookie cutter are such for a reason. When everybody suggested that you get Lumi ASAP, it's for a reason
  • Options
    Dudarpg wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/QGYE2Oq

Virtually impossible to win. My team is top 10 of my server and I can not win this comp. ( my team Sid and Lumi * 7, Kylo and Daka * 6 and Dooku*4 or Phasm * 6)

**** Japanese millionaires.

To post the most difficult teams that have already found in GW or Arena.

明月海盗 is on my server, always top 5.
    Note: it is "Simplified Chinese", so probably from China, not Japan.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've won 5 GW's, all the last five days since patch. I hated the previous way and found it too tedious to bother; just took my 800 credits and moved on. I knew I'd make it all the way by developing a B and then a C team. Now my B team will kill off 2 toons before dying, C, maybe kill or damage Sid pretty bad. I hate Dooku but Sid is the real trouble for me. I used to be afraid of Barriss but once she gets her special out of the way she is no worry for the rest of the match. Same main team I am using in squad battles; Sid as leader, Chewy, Phasma, Luminara and JC. When I get the monster team I just throw in B team, and then C later if needed but have also managed to get through it with just main squad and without restarting any battles.