should i grind for yoda?

i currently have 7* lumi 6* quagon, 5* old ben and aayla and 4* jedi consular.

i was wondering if it is even worth grinding everyone to 7 to get yoda? like is he good for raiding and arena? or am i better off grinding other toons for raids and arena?
i heard that he got really nerfed a while back and that not a lot ofpeople like yoda now. just wanted some of your opinions =)

Replies

• Options
    For the achievement maybe.
  • Options
    I JUST finished my grind yesterday and unlocked his 7th star today. He will remain at 6* for me, as I have no use for him in my arena, GW, or raiding teams. I did it mainly for the achievement.

I will say that his 'challenge' is anything but. I beat each tier with maxed QCJ and Lumi surrounded by level 1 gear 1 other Jedis and it wasn't even close.
  • Options
    Yoda is not good. So there's that.
  • Options
    Yes grind yoda into little green dust to sprinkle on your salads, jedi are high in nutritional value
  • Options
    Yoda is the perfect lead for an arena team that sounds awesome to people who don't play SWGOH.
  • Options
    Yoda has no good use right now but I'm finishing two Jedis to try to get him this cycle because I'm betting that he might be useful for the new raid.
  • Options
    He has his uses in gw and raids. If you like jedi go for it. If not, build empire team and go for palp
  • Options
    I put it off a long time, but I finally got him so I could get the Vader shards. He only sees action in GW, and that's just because I try to give all my bench players some exercise in there. I haven't seen much utility in him. Been thinking he might be useful if I stacked a ton of speed on him and some potency for his TMR/stun move.
  • Options
    I put it off a long time, but I finally got him so I could get the Vader shards. He only sees action in GW, and that's just because I try to give all my bench players some exercise in there. I haven't seen much utility in him. Been thinking he might be useful if I stacked a ton of speed on him and some potency for his TMR/stun move.

Wow. I see him pretty much maxed out in GW daily and honestly had no idea he could stun.

Ya, the guy might need some potency lol.
  • Options
    I think Yoda isn't worth it, but maybe Jedi counter team will be viable for new raid. I think most of your Jedi are useful (at least for GW) but I would recommend you to start farm IGD and other counter Jedi, so you will be able to use it both in new raid and in Yoda event
  • Options
    alright, so you think i should stop farming aayala in cantina and farm someone else? like is she epic at *7 for arena ? cause right now her dps is not so great
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Kumbala wrote: »
    alright, so you think i should stop farming aayala in cantina and farm someone else? like is she epic at *7 for arena ? cause right now her dps is not so great

Aayla is a droid counter. A lot of people on my shard have her, and no one runs her, anymore.

The most common toon in my top 20 is Anni. He is on Rex teams, he is on Wiggs teams, he is on counterattack teams. He is on almost every team. After that, it's Lando. Then Wiggs/Rex/ST han/RG/EP/Fac/B2.

• Options

Wow. I see him pretty much maxed out in GW daily and honestly had no idea he could stun.

Ya, the guy might need some potency lol.

He can only stun if the target is under 50% health ... almost dead, in other words. There aren't many situations where stunning an almost dead target is a useful move, just take them out. It would be helpful when taking out a target like Fives, though.
  • Options
    I used Yoda in GW for a long time, also used him for a while to spread foresight and absorb the rancor AOE in raids. Worked well before I got a good Teebo team. Yoda is a fun character, he is almost as fast as Rey (before mods) and gains tm on his basic. He has a tm removal/stun move, an AOE buff steal (unique to all toons) and a buff share that includes tenacity up. I like him, but he has limited use. He can be used to counter palp teams with his tenacity up, but be wary leaving him on defense in arena. The AI has no idea how to handle his 4 abilities and basically just throws it's hands up in the air.
  • Options
    Despite the yoda hatred on here, I actually find him really useful in raids. Mine is at 7* lvl 80 gear 10 with a ton of speed and potency related mods
    because his basic gives tm when target is above 50% health, he gets in 2 hits for every 1 of other toons. Then when the pigs or rancor get close to taking a move, yodas special attack can reduce the opponents tm. Finally, when the opponent does get a turn, he can share his foresight so allies dont get the damage!
    His damage and health pool can be low in comparison to others, however, because of his speed he tends to be my top damage dealer in raids, usually landing me atleast top 3 in my guild
  • Options
    If you're into it, I guess. Yoda likes to watch, but he's a lousy tipper.
  • Options
    Aa ok, thank you so much for all of the tips :)
  • Options
    Yes grind yoda into little green dust to sprinkle on your salads, jedi are high in nutritional value
    I laughed way too much at that. :D