Better way to spend energy refreshes?

I am FTP and can earn 200 crystals a day from arena, GW, daily activities, whatever. So far, I have been going with 2 cantina refreshes, with an odd normal energy refresh. The gear crunch hasn't been hitting me too hard, mainly because I'm not in some T7 guild, and raid gear is the biggest stopping point. I still need a lot of essential cantina toons (B2, Anakin, Wedge, RG, and some more), and that is why I have been spending more on cantina. However, raid gear is finally coming along, so I need more gear.

What is the smartest way to spend, 100/100 with cantina, and 100/50/50 with cantina and normal energy?

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Depends on short term goals.

How badly do you need the heroes from Cantina vs how badly do you need the salvages you can farm with regular energy?

EDIT: you're doing it right, the process of maintaining progression, and what happens at this crossroad doesn't matter hugely as both roads still head to the finish line.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I hate to be "that guy" but if you are interested you could buy a crystal subscription (+100 crystals a day). With 300 crystals to play with you can do the 100/100 cantina + 50/50 regular refreshes, which is the sweet spot for value as far as I'm concerned.

As pure f2p, you could try to bump your arena rank a bit, but otherwise I personally like the 100/100 cantina over the 50/50 + 100 split.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I hate to be "that guy" but if you are interested you could buy a crystal subscription (+100 crystals a day). With 300 crystals to play with you can do the 100/100 cantina + 50/50 regular refreshes, which is the sweet spot for value as far as I'm concerned.

As pure f2p, you could try to bump your arena rank a bit, but otherwise I personally like the 100/100 cantina over the 50/50 + 100 split.

I'll be that guy with ya. I have one running constantly, and never thought twice about it. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @medetec
    @ShaolinPunk
    I agree that the subscription is a great deal, but I am 100% FTP, I don't really spend anything on mobile games. I can easily get top 100 in arena, and it will take a bit of time to be able to snipe top 50 for me. I'm fine with my rank right now, and the higher rank will come with time for me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I myself was a bit slow realizing how much a difference a high arena rank would make for your overall progression — but as soon as I started focusing all on my arena team and future arena toons, I worked myself into top—35 at first, then top 20, then higher — and those extra crystals really make a huge difference. I would advice to do the same. Prioritize your arena squad and use whatever leftovers on your raid squads etc.
  • Options
    * Prioritize your arena team. Getting in the top 50 isn't too difficult if that's your focus.
    * Join a Tier 7 Guild. The rewards are great even if you finish last every raid. The rewards will just help your arena team in turn getting you more crystals
    * This will depend on what you need for arena, you don't need all the characters you listed above right away. I'd suggest always doing two regular energy refreshes and then one cantina. If you can eventually afford more cantina I'd continue with that, but don't spread yourself too thing working on characters
    * And of course once you have your team 7*, mods are very important. Consider spending your cantina energy there and always check the mod shipments for good deals.
  • Options
    Arc trooper this a very hard one to answer at least for. In all honesty me being you I would take a plunge in arena refresh until you reach top 30s or so.
    Why 30s?? The higher you are the less you drop over night and once your there you will almost never need a 50 refresh to keep rank 50 at payout. Ok well that being said I am a F2P and I have no trouble doing the 100/100 cantina and the 50/50 energy because I had quite alot saved before the level 85 update. I would say if you are aiming for your arena squad give one of the 100 cantina a break and do 50/50 regular energy to boost them a little faster to get a higher rank and therefore a better crystal income after that you can go back to your normal way of refresh.

Also don't forget your mod farming :#
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Since getting to 85 is priority ATM, I would 100 cantina, 50,50 normal energy. More EXP.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

I have a noob question: where can I find the crystal subscription? How do I buy that? I don't see it in the crystal shop.
  • Options
    Should be where you go to do your ally point purchases. All the way to the left
  • Options
    The subscription did not show up until I spent $10 on a crystal pack. So there is some minimum purchase that needs to be made before it shows up.