Can arena get any more stale? Or is this the low water mark for boredom?

Seriously...there is zero fun these days in it. Every team...including mine...is just an AOE spamfest. I'm so sick of looking at Lando I could puke. I'm nauseous looking at him on my own squad screen. It's a chore to fight to first daily. Like I'll be sitting at 11 or something and I'll calculate...man, that's like 3 fights I'm going to have to do. Against teams that are more or less like mine or are wiggs. How dreadfully tedious. lol

Maybe I'm just getting to that natural place. The one that says "why do you care about this anymore?" It's happened with other games I've played in the past. Mostly mmo's. I remember looking at the Eve Online icon on my PC for a long time and thinking..."Must I? I've already been at work 9 hours...do I really want to subject myself to thisnow?"

I suppose games stop being fun the moment they start feeling like a duty.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    IMO arena has been boring since Poe days, probably before but didn't play in arena that much before.

Glad it only takes little bit of time during the day
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be surprised if the level change and all toons being equal in gear level didn't shift the meta some. Plus as people start getting shoretrooper geared/leveling (plus TFP), it'll shift more. I'm already seeing less Lando lead and wiggs team. On my shard the new meta is Rex (L), SF, EP, Lando, Ani.
  • Options
    Seriously...there is zero fun these days in it. Every team...including mine...is just an AOE spamfest. I'm so sick of looking at Lando I could puke. I'm nauseous looking at him on my own squad screen. It's a chore to fight to first daily. Like I'll be sitting at 11 or something and I'll calculate...man, that's like 3 fights I'm going to have to do. Against teams that are more or less like mine or are wiggs. How dreadfully tedious. lol

Maybe I'm just getting to that natural place. The one that says "why do you care about this anymore?" It's happened with other games I've played in the past. Mostly mmo's. I remember looking at the Eve Online icon on my PC for a long time and thinking..."Must I? I've already been at work 9 hours...do I really want to subject myself to thisnow?"

I suppose games stop being fun the moment they start feeling like a duty.
    Everyone has their time to quit, or at least take a break. I took a months break from the game at the start of summer and came back about the same time Palpatine was released. It brought a new lease of life back into the game, and I'm enjoying it much more than old Ben dodge meta which drove me up the wall.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Arena there will always be a 'meta'... will be one standard until a new toon changes it then rinse and repeat...

Its frustrating fighting same teams over and over... to keep hitting refresh but bar one or two toon variations facing the same team i agree.. im only top 30 but i actually dread arena atm cause its a dull fest...
  • Options
    With all the new incoming changes/Fixes (Yoda AI using BM first and having better cooldown) that should hopefully mix up the meta a bit, I still see a good variety in my Arena even if the tops are Rex/Wiggs/Droid Teams with various compositions, still much more variety then the speed meta.

O
  • Options
    I understand OP. I rank around 20-30. I only really play when i m dropping below 30, which seldomly happens. For the dailies i just auto them and forget.

Most days my rank doesnt move at all. So probably a lot of people in my shard just sitting it out.
  • Options
    There's more variety than their used to be. I mean Rey used to be in every team but now I see her in only a few. Qui gon and b2 come and go from teams depending on if ppl run one taunt or two. There are droids teams and even a top 20 clone team on my shard and sometimes emperor lead teams with Vader etc. when more ppl get shore trooper things might change more and if they keep adding pair and team synergies more teams will emerge.
  • Options
    I feel like there'd be more variety if they made it easier to shift around mods. I keep my arena team fully modded and if I want to experiment with other teams I would have to strip mods off of them and shift them all around. It's a giant PITA that takes 10x longer than an actual arena match. And if my new comp doesn't work out well enough I have to go back and do it all over again.

I know I'm not the only one who goes into raids with under-modded toons just because I don't want the headache of managing mods.
  • Options
    I wish they would make arena. Tank week, then rebel week etc. It would mix it up abit
  • Options
    We've a couple Shoretrooper on my shard. I have one too but I don't run it. It was ok to fight the first couple times took a bit of planning. But now he's really just a speed bump.
  • Options
    I wish they would make arena. Tank week, then rebel week etc. It would mix it up abit

My guess is the tournament will turn into this
  • Options
    Pssst secret: arena always is boring 1 month after the same meta!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    It feels longer than 1 month. This is the worst meta yet. If it werent all about secondary speed stats, maybe it would be more palatable.
  • Options
    Only meta that is boring is sloppy fail AI rigged up to evade, hit big, survive with two hp to activate RG and such **** that is not inside continuous probability normal distribution. Everything in this game is so so, but not there. Just effing hate overall lack of work ethics. Or ethics at all. Only thing that matters is rigged to milk you dry attitude. GG.
  • Options
    Did I really write this only like 2 weeks ago? Feels like much, much longer. Probably cause I'm still looking at my Landakin and everyone else's Wiggs. In the immortal words of a genius "I believe I can see the future. 'Cause I repeat the same routine."
  • Options
    I'm almost to the point where I throw my toons in and click auto. I might target manually. Might not. But I'm sick of trying to claw to the top.
  • Options
    In PVP there are to many bots....how many mol Eliza can i fight?
  • Options
    It has never been changed, tweaked or improved in any way since launch. C'mon, throw at least a small change in there to keep it interesting. 6 guys, 4 guys, 2 on 2 NBA Jam style... something.
  • Options
    Honestly I think the devs dont give many f*cks to us. Ever since I started playing, not long ago, I saw 0 problems being solved and all they do is create a even more overpowered meta that replaces the last one and makes everything that is not top meta even more obsolete.
  • Options
    VektorT wrote: »
    Honestly I think the devs dont give many f*cks to us. Ever since I started playing, not long ago, I saw 0 problems being solved and all they do is create a even more overpowered meta that replaces the last one and makes everything that is not top meta even more obsolete.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Figure out ways to srew over the players to suck money out of them.
  • Options
    Now it's Boba. With Wiggs. Just when it started to seem like it was possible to change lol
  • Options
    Now it's Boba. With Wiggs. Just when it started to seem like it was possible to change lol

Correction, it's Boba with the fastest mods on him possible and ignoring the set bonuses if need be to see who gets the mass ability block first. LOL. Still lame...
  • Options
    Finally decided to break up my sets and sacrifice 4 decent teams I had for GW. Moved the best speed secondaries to Boba. It's really easy to win arena now.

The fix I want is removal of speed secondaries. The fix I expect is some new p2w character always goes first and removes TM from the whole team
  • Options
    I think an arena rework would help all the players, im facing the same people at the same time for a long long time i know who are at my payout and who not, even i feel bad if i push out a guy in his payout when im testing teams at night... I dont know the solution but make it like you vs 5 random teams and if u defeat all win xxxx crystals, or make us select the hour we want play arena, is stressful need to stay everyday at that time, i know nobody force me to play but why no cant do something like galactic war where u choose when u want play--- win all---- get loot, i take top spots many days but even if reduce the 500c to 300 if u win in randoms teams would be a huge quality of life, now are arena but not real time PvP u play against the ia of his team at x time...
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I started a thread along the same lines. Being part of the same group on my shard is killing me with boredom especially since they have a chat group the purpose of which is to coordinate payouts so they get a good ROI in crystal rewards. I think it is perverse to be creating anticompetitive arrangements like this, but in also understand that people will follow their incentives.

I think that keeping the rewards is fine, but as you said if you randomized the opponents over time it would destroy the collusion and, on my shard, the bullying and guilt-tripping that goes along with it.