Have you ever gotten more than one shard in GW?

I'm asking, because today I got 3 shards in GW! They were in chests 8, 10 and 12. I never gotten more than the one shard in chest 12 from GW, so I'm curious wether this is normal or something very rare or even a bug.

Replies

• Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You must be level 60+?
    Because GW is impossible for anyone under that with the changes.
    Lame match making mechanics trying to force players into collecting more toons, spending more money. You go up against higher level and geared groups......unless you are capped
    Frustrating pile of garbage for new players
  • Options
    Yes, I have gotten 2 a couple times, but never 3. Very nice!

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    got 2 for 2 different characters in the last chest once. It was surprising so I remember this.
  • Options
    First time today for me too, got a leia shard midway through which was a shock!
  • Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    You must be level 60+?
    Lame match making mechanics trying to force players into collecting more toons, spending more money. You go up against higher level and geared groups......unless you are capped

Honestly I find this very confusing - I'm currently level 51 and have not found GW difficult to complete at any stage since unlocking it. Perhaps your server is particularly strong?
  • Options
    I've got two shards a couple of times as well, seems like it's always one on the last chest, and if you're lucky other chests may contain shards too.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    I got 5 shards today. But only 1 was delivered. In the last battle it showed I got 3 shards, 1600 green tokens and 4 lvl3 mats. I casually got 1 shard 400 tokens and 1 arena mat
  • Options
    Vomiting wrote: »
    I got 5 shards today. But only 1 was delivered. In the last battle it showed I got 3 shards, 1600 green tokens and 4 lvl3 mats. I casually got 1 shard 400 tokens and 1 arena mat

That's a (very annoying and mean) visual bug. :disappointed:
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    romperait wrote: »
    You must be level 60+?

Honestly I find this very confusing - I'm currently level 51 and have not found GW difficult to complete at any stage since unlocking it. Perhaps your server is particularly strong?

You actually dont get matched up with people in your bracket. You get matched up with random people in the one server we play on, so you could potentially get matched up with me. GW has a lot to do with luck of the draw. Some people never get leia/fotp/poe/poggle teams, some people get them back to back.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Shards? In GW?? Can't remember ever getting shards in GW:~(
  • Options
    I've received 2 shard in the the 2 last chests 6 or 7 times.. 3 shards never..
  • Options
    You must be level 60+?

Yes, I'm lvl 62 with only purple gear in my main team. I use a team with Lumi as leader, genosian soldier, JC, Sidious and Dooku. When my first one dies, I switch in Daka to habe a thired healer. Actually I found todays GW to be pretty easy, since I didn't loose a single character. For new players it has to be pretty hard without retreating as a strategy.
    BTW I'm completely F2P, I just had much luck with bronzium cards, they gave me both Daka and Dooku.

• Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You must be level 60+?

I'm level 59. I have SEVEN characters at level 58. The last 2 days i only used 6 of those 7 characters to win GW, + the groups of sacrificial lambs on tougher battles to bait out the enemy special attacks. I have 2 tanks at level 54 and blue gear (chewbacca and poe) for this. The rest are level 1-40 drones wtih next to no gear, that die in one shot.
    I completeted galactic wars every day since the change. Always winning battles with a combination of those 7 characters.

Granted, I have daka and luminara. Daka and luminara are love. Daka and luminara are life.
  • Options
    I´ve been getting shards from nodes 10 and 11 sometimes, but very rarely :smile:
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • Options
    A few days ago I got shards on 10,11,12. I thought it was either a bug, or a bonus/incentive for the last few difficult matches. But I haven't received more than 1 (from 12) since.
  • Zato
    13 posts Member
    Options
    You must be level 60+?

Hi there. I am level 51 and i have absolutly no problems beating GW completly. The recent changes made it much better. Before the update i only beated GW once. Since then i beat it every day. Btw iam a f2p player.
    Team is Sid (lead), lumi, jc, geo, ig86.
    Zero deaths. And if it happens that someone dies u simply restart and try different strategy.

B2t yes i am also getting 1-3 shards each run
    I also heard u can get Vader shards there but never get one.