Is My Guild Ready For An AAT Heroic?

ImDeadAgain41
224 posts Member
edited November 2016
We can finish a AAT raid in 4 days and it's one day shorter each time. Do you guys think we'll be able to do a heroic? After we finish the current one, we're moving on to heroic to try it. Do you think we'll successfully complete it or nah?

Replies

• Options
    We're in a similar boat. Washed out trying Heroic first up. We will finish our third Normal raid running on 3 refreshes.

We'll try Heroic again next. We're an each way bet I think.

Half the battle is working out your squads and strategies for each phase and having confidence you collectively have the strength to get through each phase without having to sacrifice toons better suited to other phases.

Good luck, guys.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Worth a shot it is not like you will run out of tickets.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Similar situation here. There's really not anything you'd be missing since the rewards are a disgrace anyways (unless you get a rare full drop) and it's a waste of time to grind a raid for 3 days to maybe get 20 combined salvage that you didn't already have 100s of.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    It all depends on your guildmates' rosters and if they have the optimal teams for each phase
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    The best way to know is to try it. It's actually much better than playing Normal, even in the likely event that you fail.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It all depends on your guildmates' rosters and if they have the optimal teams for each phase

This. After merging two guilds, we gave heroic a try but failed in p3. We found that not enough people had a droid team ready to clean up p2, so we stalled, forcing us to use non-ideal toons to get through it. We ran into a similar story in p3 but this time with jawas. We now know that most of your members should have a viable (i.e., mostly G10/11, properly modded) jedi team for p1, droids for p2, jawa for p3, and rebels for p4. Sure, you can probably get through with other combos, but those ones worked really well for us. We are back to Normal raids until we feel enough squads are built up. I think 3 refreshes is about right to attempt heroic, but really, you need to take a good look at everyone's rosters to have confidence.
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »

This. After merging two guilds, we gave heroic a try but failed in p3. We found that not enough people had a droid team ready to clean up p2, so we stalled, forcing us to use non-ideal toons to get through it. We ran into a similar story in p3 but this time with jawas. We now know that most of your members should have a viable (i.e., mostly G10/11, properly modded) jedi team for p1, droids for p2, jawa for p3, and rebels for p4. Sure, you can probably get through with other combos, but those ones worked really well for us. We are back to Normal raids until we feel enough squads are built up. I think 3 refreshes is about right to attempt heroic, but really, you need to take a good look at everyone's rosters to have confidence.

Ooohwee. On top of the good rosters, you need at least 1 great set of mods that you can switch from team to team. That makes a huge difference whether you drop 1% on a phase or 3%+.