GW coin trade for ally points.

2Next

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It's not a "$tupid" because it's CG's way of clearing house and putting everyone on a more level playing field. I'm glad I got Shoretrooper last time cause these ally point shenanigans seem like a trap

The logic of it is $tupid.

Ally points should be obtainable from "using allies" not purchasing them from Galatic war shipments that has absolutely zero percent to do with anything at all pertaining to allies. If they want people to spend Galatic war coins then add more freaking toons more often.

There's no way they would drop a character into GW when they know countless people have tens of thousands of extra currency, might as well give them the character at 7* in their inbox. By doing it this way CG is hoping some of these people blow their wad on the tournament and have to actually farm gw currency when a character is dropped.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I like a moan but tbh, I don't really see much of a problem here. This is something that upsets the minority, it gives 99% of players a chance to play in it without spending real money, you can't please everyone, there's a million issues far worse than this
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    There's no way they would drop a character into GW when they know countless people have tens of thousands of extra currency, might as well give them the character at 7* in their inbox. By doing it this way CG is hoping some of these people blow their wad on the tournament and have to actually farm gw currency when a character is dropped.

Very interesting. It may be safest to play it both ways: buy some ally coins but save a lot of your GW currency.

Here's another thought, what if they were to remove the exchange after this next tournament? In that scenario, I would say it's worth it to buy them at such a high exchange rate now.

• Options
    This is a seriously $tupid idea. What's the point of borrowing someone's toon or even adding an allie to your ally list if your gonna allow people to trade off galitic war points for ally points? Why didn't you devs add new toons to galitic wars instead of this dumb ally point idea?

I'm sure others like this idea...to me I'm just left wondering wth you were thinking. I've been saving ally points for months , finally got a use for them now anyone with a few thousand gw coins can also get 200k ally points is just wow really?

Since you guys are doing $tupid ideas how about put arena coins in the Catina shop for trade. Why not put gw coins in the guild shop for trade? No? Too $tupid of an idea...well why stop now you've come this far?

I have to totally agree
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    GW coin hoarders have the option to blow their stockpile on a "chance" at the Shoretrooper. Likewise, non hoarders could at best collect up to 18k of Ally points (maybe twice if lucky) prior to the tourney launch. GW war token hoarders are faced with the dilemma of taking that gamble or not (and wait for the opportunity to see a new shard worth spending in GW shipments). Nothing to get riled over from my perspective.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Baze wrote: »
    GW coin hoarders have the option to blow their stockpile on a "chance" at the Shoretrooper. Likewise, non hoarders could at best collect up to 18k of Ally points (maybe twice if lucky) prior to the tourney launch. GW war token hoarders are faced with the dilemma of taking that gamble or not (and wait for the opportunity to see a new shard worth spending in GW shipments). Nothing to get riled over from my perspective.

The point is about the conversion rate they used.
    If someone has been sparing those allies points, now anyone can get tons more by simply spending a few gw coins.
    And the ally points we gather from other sources have been made totally worthless.
    And if we know the smart people in the development team, this also mean that refreshing toons is going to cost tons of ally tokens, such as to make useless any spared amount and even the gifts of 5k ally points they gave us.
  • CloneSpikes
    515 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Refresh cost will probably go up with every refresh. Starting at 5k and going up to 100k for a refresh. I 'm not gonna bother unless shards are given to wide brackets.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Ing256
    Many hoarders of GW tokens do so with the intent of using them for new shard content in the foreseeable future, right? So what will motivate them to expend a good deal of their saved tokens at a "chance" at a shard that will inevitably be available for the masses later on somewhere in game (perhaps even within GW itself).
  • Options
    I would say you should go cry about it but..... Already done...
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

The point is about the conversion rate they used.
    If someone has been sparing those allies points, now anyone can get tons more by simply spending a few gw coins.
    And the ally points we gather from other sources have been made totally worthless.
    And if we know the smart people in the development team, this also mean that refreshing toons is going to cost tons of ally tokens, such as to make useless any spared amount and even the gifts of 5k ally points they gave us.

It will be interesting to see what equation they use in the ramping up cost of refreshing characters with ally points. The whole process could start very affordable and end up in 5-10K bills after a few refreshes.
    But that does not change the issue that the use of GW tokens to buy ally points is just an obvious way to bias the tournament, yet again, into a fraudulent auction system where the highest bidder wins the reward, the others get the finger and EA/CG keep everybody's bids.
    What I don't get is why CG comes back again with this event and advertise it as being a tournament. I doubt they are $tupid enough to not grasp the concept of tournament and the notion of fairness attached to it.
  • Options
    I'm thinking this next tournament will be largely skewed due to people having stockpiled ally points and GW tokens.

What will actually be more interesting is the next tournament (if there is one).

After this tournament, it's likely that most people would've burnt through all their ally tokens. The next tournament will have everyone at more of an equal footing.
  • Options
    I literally cannot believe the complaining in this thread about using ally points instead of crystals. Everyone complained about crystals because it was a whale tourney, now they're using arguably the easiest currency to obtain in the game after they dropped 10k in your inbox for free, made thousands more available through another easily obtained currency and many are STILL finding reasons to whine about it.

Get a grip on yourselves, this is a far better alternative. They couldn't have made it any more friendly for non spenders.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I literally cannot believe the complaining in this thread about using ally points instead of crystals. Everyone complained about crystals because it was a whale tourney, now they're using arguably the easiest currency to obtain in the game after they dropped 10k in your inbox for free, made thousands more available through another easily obtained currency and many are STILL finding reasons to whine about it.

Get a grip on yourselves, this is a far better alternative. They couldn't have made it any more friendly for non spenders.

Maybe read the post before answering, you might then stand a chance to get it. It is not a post about crystals, it is a post about the value of ally points obtained by using allies in battles being damaged by the new option in buying ally points from GW coins.
  • Options
    Why are people complaining whales will have an advantage? GW is only once a day, whales have just as many GW tokens if you do yours every day. This only makes tournaments more accessible for everyone

@Aniema sorry but it turns out saving allys was pretty much useless. What was important was saving GW tokens. Win some lose some. Is the nature of swgoh. Maybe you have GW tokens.

It's little to lose given that we are getting a proper tournament where you can be competitive without spending. Hopefully we can fight enough battles for it to be fun.
  • Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

Maybe read the post before answering, you might then stand a chance to get it. It is not a post about crystals, it is a post about the value of ally points obtained by using allies in battles being damaged by the new option in buying ally points from GW coins.

I read it and the complaint is ridiculously petty.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people complaining whales will have an advantage? GW is only once a day, whales have just as many GW tokens if you do yours every day. This only makes tournaments more accessible for everyone

@Aniema sorry but it turns out saving allys was pretty much useless. What was important was saving GW tokens. Win some lose some. Is the nature of swgoh. Maybe you have GW tokens.

It's little to lose given that we are getting a proper tournament where you can be competitive without spending. Hopefully we can fight enough battles for it to be fun.

What would you use ally points on besides save them? After level 50 bronziums are pretty pointless. And no they are not worthless cause those ally points didn't cost you ANY GW points.

Then lets look at GW points... They would earn you 10-15 shards a day... pretty good return imo. Did you get that consistently with bronziums (for characters you were farming)? Nope I highly doubt that.

About the only fault you can really bring up is that they could have done a better job cycling characters to farm in GW to make it a strategic decision to spend the GW points on shards or ally points for higher level players.

Ally points are under used, I think this is a good way to use them. Getting all uppity on the exact meaning of the points is going to far imho.

I encourage more ways to convert all the different resources into each other this gives some flexibility and reduces the time sinks they have put into place.

• Options
    @Ing256
    Many hoarders of GW tokens do so with the intent of using them for new shard content in the foreseeable future, right? So what will motivate them to expend a good deal of their saved tokens at a "chance" at a shard that will inevitably be available for the masses later on somewhere in game (perhaps even within GW itself).

Most hoarders simply got everything there was to get in gw shop
    Moreover you don't need to keep many gw tokens for a new toon released in gw shop.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the ppl u consider hoarders...aren't. GW excess tokens get used to buy shards of characters u have maxed and therefore converted to shard shop currency to purchase raid gear.

Also, it's not like spenders can do more GW's than u can. 1 a day, fair and square.

Those that bought bronziums got gear to lvl low lvl toons, credits, shards and toons. It's not like they were stolen from u.
  • Options
    Irritating to say the least. Just got the 1000 donations last night for the 20k ally points. Thought I was going to be ahead of the game. Then I log in today and see everyone can buy that amount of ally points with ONE DAY of GW currency. Very disappointed. I kinda just want to say screw the tourney now and spend on bronziums. And yeah not spending my GW hoard, good try though CG.

Edit: I dont mind the ally points being in GW shipments but the exchange rate is dispicably high.

You are the100% correct sir. By putting the ally points in GW shop and making them 18k points for 1 day of completed GW they are still catering to the whales. The tournament is not on even ground, it's probably more lopsided now bc at least bf anyone could spend cash to move up. Now you can just use cash to refresh GW for 18k ally points a go. So anyone with over 50k GW tokens and the will to refresh will be able to have more points than people who saved ally points and spent GW for toons or raid gear. I like the idea but hate the execution. The exchange rate is definitely way to high, imo
  • Options
    I got to say the ability to exchange GW tokens for ally points is really damaging for those f2p players, EA only listens to whales?
  • Options
    This is a seriously $tupid idea. What's the point of borrowing someone's toon or even adding an allie to your ally list if your gonna allow people to trade off galitic war points for ally points? Why didn't you devs add new toons to galitic wars instead of this dumb ally point idea?

I'm sure others like this idea...to me I'm just left wondering wth you were thinking. I've been saving ally points for months , finally got a use for them now anyone with a few thousand gw coins can also get 200k ally points is just wow really?

Since you guys are doing $tupid ideas how about put arena coins in the Catina shop for trade. Why not put gw coins in the guild shop for trade? No? Too $tupid of an idea...well why stop now you've come this far?

I agree.

I'm sitting on over 225k ally coins. I will gladly spend every single coin this tournament and plan to. I also have 30k Galatic War tokens as well and will not be spending a single token. I recently unlocked General Grevous, got him to 5* and plan to get him to 7*.

If the devs plan was to get people to spend Galatic War tokens it will work, but for people like myself who have a one track mind and can refrain from unnecessary spending while focusing on the their own future plan of unlocking certain characters and hoarding more Galatic War tokens for upcoming "Good" shards, then it will not work.

I may not agree with ally coins being purchased by spending Gw tokens..but if people want to spend theirs that fine with me. I'm just cool with the fact that I don't have to:)
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »
    What would you use ally points on besides save them? After level 50 bronziums are pretty pointless. And no they are not worthless cause those ally points didn't cost you ANY GW points.

Then lets look at GW points... They would earn you 10-15 shards a day... pretty good return imo. Did you get that consistently with bronziums (for characters you were farming)? Nope I highly doubt that.

Actually, If the drop rate for shards from Bronzium is 1 in 10, then Shards are 1/2,500 Ally Points. At 1,200 GW coins/18,000 Ally Points, you are trading 15 GW shards for a little over 7 Ally shards, which is a horrible rate.

So I advise my guild who have all the GW toons they want to never use this conversion anyway, and cash the extra GW shards in the shard shop for Vader shards and a monthly whole raid gear piece.
  • Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

I read it and the complaint is ridiculously petty.

It's not petty if you've worked hard to save ally points for a better use in the future. That better use is here & now they level the playing field. It is very disappointing.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Tbh my problem last time wasn't the refreshes, I just got to a point where I couldn't actually beat the teams around me.
    That happened to me this time. I've still got 17k ally points left. I had about 36k at the start of the tournament. (10k was the free bonuses). I ended up 159 & there was no way I would've gotten to 100 by getting 2 points a match for killing 1 character. So now I've got a useless 45/50 shards of shoretrooper. At least the credits/mats/gear was useful... So do I keep saving them now? The announcement said this was the second & FINAL tournament. However people are guessing it's only the final one for shoretrooper shards. So some clarification on that EA would be good. No way I'd waste my GW tokens on Ally points. And Op's suggestion to swap cantina tokens for arena sounds great to me as I've gotten all I want from cantina but need so much more from arena.