Tanacity bug

i use Ackbar with 70% tenacity and vs palpatine he always get most debuff and stun 99% of the time
he has zero resistance even when he lead

thanks Devs for taking a look into this !

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    So what is opponent Palpatine's potency?

With 70% tenacity Admiral Ackbar as lead he has 80% tenacity

Vs 65%+ potency will give AA the min of 15% chance to resist.

Unmodded L80 Max Emperor Palpatine in lead has 79% potency.

Basically it is like AA has 0% tenacity.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I see a lot of people always doing the math with potency/tenacity but I don't think that's how it works.
    Example: Palp has 80% potency so he has an 80% chance to apply a detrimental effect.
    Ackbar has 70% tenacity so when Palp applies the detrimental effect, AA then has a 70% chance to resist it. Just think of it the other way around. My Rey has 60% tenacity for example. Againt opponents with lower potency say 30%, they will still apply a detrimental effect. How can that be when her Tenacity beats out there potency? Because its not 1 minus the other it's a chance of either. I'm no expert though but that's the only way it makes sense to me. Correct me if I'm wrong though guys
  • MetxChris
    112 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Apoc88 wrote: »

I see a lot of people always doing the math with potency/tenacity but I don't think that's how it works.
    Example: Palp has 80% potency so he has an 80% chance to apply a detrimental effect.
    Ackbar has 70% tenacity so when Palp applies the detrimental effect, AA then has a 70% chance to resist it. Just think of it the other way around. My Rey has 60% tenacity for example. Againt opponents with lower potency say 30%, they will still apply a detrimental effect. How can that be when her Tenacity beats out there potency? Because its not 1 minus the other it's a chance of either. I'm no expert though but that's the only way it makes sense to me. Correct me if I'm wrong though guys

Potency HELPS apply detrimental effects.
    Tenacity HELPS resist detrimental effects.

Neither one directly applies or resists effects. The chance to resist an effect as commented on by the devs is

Resist Chance = max(15%, Tenacity-Potency)

Using this with your two examples, AA has a 15% chance to resist, and Rey has a 30% chance to resist.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

It is math. Just as metxchris has described. This is coming from the developers on how it works.

Below are two posts by the developer explaining

Chance to resist = tenacity - potency. Chance to resist can't go below 15%

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984#Comment_581984

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/575116#Comment_575116

• Options

Ackbar has 70% tenacity so when Palp applies the detrimental effect, AA then has a 70%

Just cause you think it works like that, doesnt mean it works like that... Besides, as mentioned above, devs confirmed the workings
  • Narkosekröte
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    and Palp causes tenacity down on rebels ;-)
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.