To anyone fed up with the rebel meta...

Prev1
l2ed_Janpan
29 posts Member
edited November 2016
I've been running an Empire team after the Shoretrooper tournament with great success. I'm in a November/December 2015 shard and the top 50 consists of mostly Lando or Wedge lead teams. My counter team consists of: Tarkin (leader), Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper and Palpatine. If you have the gear to equip a team like this they are EXTREMELY effective against the rebel meta. The key is a fast TFP that can ability block sthan or lando and Tarkin and Vader debuffing the rest of the team. TFP is very viable even at two stars. I'm not sure how to post images here so I apologize. I hope the imgur link works.

EDIT: By the way, I hope this post doesn't come off as braggadocios, that was not my intention, I just wanted to give people who are sick of the current meta some hope. I also find it very satisfying to theory craft a team and have it work out for the most part. I wanted to prove that you don't have to follow the current trends, because that can become tedious and boring after a while. Also I'm not sure if I should have posted this under a different topic like squad synergies or tactics, I didn't mean to obfuscate any forum guidelines, just thought it was general discussion material. Thanks!
Post edited by l2ed_Janpan on

Replies

• Options
    Why are you not running Emp lead? Technically TFP should outspeed Biggs with a lando boost based on both of their pre-mod speeds.

Have you faced a Rex shore team with this? How is the lack of a dispel working for you (against shores)
  • Options
    Nice.
    Wiggs combos are beatable in several ways, but thank you for sharing!
    Tarkin ftw! =)
  • Options
    @CookieCrispp i would normally run palp as lead but i need the speed from tarkin. most of the wiggs teams on my shard are around 250ish so my tfp is 258 after tarkin. this allows him to go first so hopefully i can ability block a han or buff immunize biggs
  • Options
    @CookieCrispp also this team doesnt fare well against rex teams unless i can ability block rex, but he is usually accompanied by sun fac so it's game over quick. I have had success against droid teams with slower JEs though.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've been running an Empire team after the Shoretrooper tournament with great success. I'm in a November/December 2015 shard and the top 50 consists of mostly Lando or Wedge lead teams. My counter team consists of: Tarkin (leader), Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper and Palpatine. If you have the gear to equip a team like this they are EXTREMELY effective against the rebel meta. The key is a fast TFP that can ability block sthan or lando and Tarkin and Vader debuffing the rest of the team. TFP is very viable even at two stars. I'm not sure how to post images here so I apologize. I hope the imgur link works.

Wow. A 4* Shoretrooper and a 2* TFP and you're able to place no. 1 in a Nov/Dec shard?! All I can say is: Wow! To say this team would be OP with the Trooper and TFP at 7* would be an understatement!
  • Options
    @l2ed_Janpan What mods do you have on TFP?
  • Options
    @Barhebraeus haha yea I have this bad feeling TFP shards are going to end up on a Stage 9 Darkside Hard Node. Since my team's offense is based on debuffs, his basic usually crits for 10-12K depending on my rng or how many debuffs are up. A seven star TFP is going to be ridiculous as far as damage and critical chance goes. Here's to hoping he's farmable!
  • Options

4 crit chance and 2 health mods. a 30 speed arrow as well as another 36 speed from secondaries. I debated using a crit damage or crit chance triangle but went with crit chance as his chance is relatively low at 2*. He also gains offensive passive buffs for his basic so I personally believe crit chance is the way to go for now.

http://imgur.com/wwNbkrh
  • Options
    Also if anyone was wondering how this team fares defensively, I only drop 10-15 spots overnight because there are so many Rebel teams on my shard. Nothing too insurmountable. I'm not sure if this speaks to the strength of the team, the opponents on my server, or how well the AI does or doesn't play, but I thought that was interesting.
  • Options
    Another team that works great as long as palp isn't oneshotted to start match is palp lead, vader, RG, B2, and ani.
  • Options
    @warmonkey yea, the key component to my team is shoretrooper, otherwise TFP goes down before you can blink. That composition looks really great too, gearing up Anakin is quite the headache but I suppose so is shoretrooper and TFP
  • Options
    What health and protection does your tie pilot and shoretrooper have ?
  • Options

4 crit chance and 2 health mods. a 30 speed arrow as well as another 36 speed from secondaries. I debated using a crit damage or crit chance triangle but went with crit chance as his chance is relatively low at 2*. He also gains offensive passive buffs for his basic so I personally believe crit chance is the way to go for now.

http://imgur.com/wwNbkrh

Nice. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    @zahreem tie pilot has 13k protection but only 6k health. I've modded shoretrooper for protection though (3 x 23.5% protection mods) and he has about 24k+41k=65k health. He survives the Wiggs triple shot 99% of the time and TFP gets foresight so much he stays alive for most fights
  • Options
    Just a word of warning though, as with any good team, this team is relatively expensive to gear. I had a lot of raid gear lying around for TFP, but gearing shoretrooper on short notice basically wiped me of crystals and credits. Everyone is at gear 10 though.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Both Shoretrooper and Palp are a little hard to get if you don't have them already. But still, nice tactics! By the way, do you mean 'buff immunity" when you talk about TFP ability blocking STH? Never mind, found the answer already.
  • Options
    @ShatterlingPurslane true, palp and shoretrooper are kind of the cornerstones of this team, but i suppose you could sub royal guard or b2 for shore. Palpatine is kind of a must have though unfortunately for those that dont have him, he is crucial for shocking and stunning tanks and heavy dps units. I guess I should mention this is more of a team for veteran players. I just wanted to try something different, because I was running the Lando lead typical team before this and it got very boring.
  • Options
    Veers as leader is almost unique, and it clearly works. You succeeded in finding something different ;-)
    Here's how you post a picture:
    [img]link to picture goes here[/img]

To get the picture link, go to your imgur, click on a picture, right click it, and select: "copy image location"
    example:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/8N6IHJ1.png[/img]

That becomes this:
    8N6IHJ1.png
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A 4-set of speed mods is what is called for. Just the set bonus would add 17 speed taking him to 187. A speed arrow would make him 217. 5 speed secondaries, even poor ones...say +5 each, would have TFP at 242 speed.
  • Options
    I actually have been running

Palp (L)
    Tfp
    Raid Han
    Shore
    Vader

This team kills rebels as well.

I run raid Han for crit up for Vader and tfp and modded tfp for pure crit damage and crit chance.

I have 0 problems when horrible rng isn't at play with wedge teams.

Will be interesting once tfp can be lvled considering I already pop off 20k+ crits with over 215 speed
  • Options
    Currently Running:

EP lead
    Vader
    TFP
    B2/SF (situational)
    Shore
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    that's awesome, only one 7* character #1 on a mature server ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nice! This is exactly why I've been farming Tarkin. When TFP is farmable this squad will be meta imo
  • Options
    @ShatterlingPurslane Thank you very much!
  • Options
    OP what gear is your TFP?
  • Options
    @leef haha yea I think I get targeted more because of that but i actually don't mind the challenge
  • Options
    @WretchedScum yea, I'm trying to stay one step ahead of the perpetually shifting meta. Still working on a hard counter to Rex, that's the real challenge!
  • Options
    @RJ__Brando Nice setup! I figure as long as TFP has some good tanks to hide behind, he's a one man wrecking crew
  • Options
    It's inspiring to see 2* toon in a top squad xD